Get off Your Knees

2.

Ashley’s P.O.V
After a long day of work at a job that I hated, there was only one place hat I ever wanted to be: the local strip club. Or at least one of them.

In the city that I loved in, there was two strip clubs owned by the same man. One of the places was where guys stripped, most of the frequenters were women, and the other one, where it was mostly men, was where they had mostly women stripping.

I frequented the one where men stripped.

Normally people wondered why there wasn’t just a straight place and a gay place, I guess I wondered the same thing sometimes, but the truth of the matter was just that it was a lot more fun freaking out the women who went there. The frequent visitors didn’t mind my friends and I much, but we really disturbed the newbies.

“Dude!” my friend CC yelled, running into the room. “Are you ready to see hot dudes strip for our money?”

I laughed. There was just no way you could deny CC of anything when he asked for it, even if it was only an answer to a question.

“Of course! Who wouldn’t be?”

CC’s face went suddenly serious, something you don’t normally see. “Jake wasn’t.”

Slinging my arm around CC’s shoulder I said, “CC, if Jake doesn’t want to hang with us, it’s okay.”

“I know Ash.”

And then he went back to normal CC.

I knew however normal CC acted, he wasn’t feeling the same as usual. The last time Jake had hung out with us, CC had sort of let it slip that he liked Jake. Since all three of us liked guys, we had seen each other go through all sorts of relationships with them, but this wasn’t the same. Neither of them just wanted to go through the relationship if they thought it wasn’t going to last, but I think it made Jake nervous to think that CC liked him that way. Anyway, he had been ignoring our calls since that and it made CC a little upset.

“Ready?” CC asked, handing me my jacket.

We walked out to my car and got in, heading the strip club. I was sincerely looking forward to the coming night. Hot, almost naked guys, and lots of alcohol, how could it get any better?



When CC and I walked into the place, the music had just been paused and a short, plump man who was obvio0usly wearing a toupee was standing on the stage, a microphone in one hand.

“Gentlemen who enjoy coming to this lovely place,” The man swept his arm around, telling us he was talking about this part. “We now have an extra offer if you would like to take part in it. Some of you may know what I am talking about, so if you do, please tell the others who don’t. You men are the reason that we are now offering this. Even though he will not be coming up here, you may talk to me if you would like to see him.” The guy winked. “Let’s give a good round of applause to Andy at the bar and in the private rooms.”

I had no clue who this Andy was, or at least I was pretty sure I didn’t, and I had no clue what “extra offer” the guy was talking about. I guess I’m not as much of a loyal visitor as I thought.

The guy that was standing on the stage was still there when my attention was brought back. He didn’t seem to realize that there was a dancer behind him as he talked with some of the men near the stage. My guess was that they were going to take part in whatever the extra activity was.

The dancer that was still waiting for the guy to move started to grind him from behind. He was standing behind the guy in the toupee at a distance, with his hands above his head, and his hips thrust out. Even when the people of the audience started laughing, the guy stayed oblivious.

He didn’t notice he was holding up the show until the music started playing.

I decided after a few minutes of watching the first guy dance, he wasn’t much of a looker, so I went over to the bar.

I’m not going to lie, I did not expect to see someone like the boy working the bar at a place like a strip club. This guy was utterly gorgeous. His long, thick, black hair fell in waves over his shoulders, cascading down his back. He had side bangs that seemed to his face, giving him an air of mystery. I stood a few feet from the far for about five minutes as he cleaned glasses with his long fingered, pale hands, just hoping to get an actual glance at his face.

I knew from the rest of him that his skin was pale and milky, not usually what I go for, but he made me like it. I actually imagined him with deep brown eyes, thinking that that color would match well. I was pleasantly surprised to see a pair of piercing blue eyes look at me from under his veil of black hair.

They matched him perfectly.

“Sir.” He said as he snapped his fingers, attempting to get my attention, “Is there something I can get for you?”

The first think that came to my mind was definitely not a drink.

“Uh sure.” I took a seat at the counter. “Daniels and ice,” I said distractedly.

“That it?”

I nodded. “You don’t look twenty-one.”

“I know.”

“Why are you only working the bar and not the stage?” I asked him, thinking that was an innocent question. Once he answered, it seemed that my thinking was wrong.

“Because it is disgusting and degrading! Those guys that go up there end up with all sorts of problems. They think they aren’t skinny enough, not attractive enough, even though they shouldn’t! I talk to them all the time, most of them have terrible family lives and can’t find a good relationship. I don’t care if they make good money, I don’t need mental problems.”

I put my hands up in surrender. “I’m sorry I asked.”

“No,” he said softly, a blush coating his cheeks. “I’m sorry I blew up at you. I’ve been under a lot of stress lately.”

“Why don’t you tell me about it?”

The boy smiled at me. “Are you serious?”

“Of course, my names Ashley by the way.”

“Andy. Well I get off in about an hour, we could hang out after that?” He sounded really hopeful when he asked the question.

Before I could say anything more, the man in the toupee showed up and whispered something to Andy. I didn’t hear a word that was said but I knew it involved another guy as soon as toupee man nodded over at a man who looked like he could use a shower.

“Hey Ash,” Andy said after toupee man walked over to I need a shower guy, “I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere?”

I nodded and watched as Andy led I need a shower guy into one of the private rooms.