Get off Your Knees

5.

Andy’s P.O.V

On the drive with Ashley, I didn’t feel as nervous as I usually do. Usually when I’m going anywhere with someone for a date, my stomach is doing flips, my hands start sweating, and I stutter. And when I say I stutter, I mean I stutter badly.

After driving for almost an hour, the length of the drive made me think for a brief second that Ashley was going to take me to the middle of nowhere to kill me, we arrived at the place where we were having lunch at. The diner was a cute, old fashioned place that I had never heard of. Truthfully, I had never driven this far out of the city to get to a place like this.

When you come from the city, this little diner that sat among other small shops and houses seemed to be in the middle of nowhere.

Ashley must have seen the look of wonder on my face because he started laughing. “Have you never drove out this far?” he asked.

“No, I’ve never had a reason to. Why do you know this is out here?”

Ashley and I walked from the car to the door of the diner before he answered.

He held the door open for me, “My grandmother owns the place.”

Knowing that the place belonged to one of Ashley’s family members made me feel special. I liked that instead of taking me to a fast food place for our date, like so many other guys had, he had brought me to a small place that probably near to no one in the city knew about. IT made me forget what I had to do for work.

“Hey Ash!” a young girl with black hair, tan skin, and eyes exactly like Ashley’s said as we walked in.

“Hey Alexis, grandma has you working as the hostess now?”

When Ashley said grandma, I knew this girl must be family. Not that it wasn’t pretty obvious to begin with since the two of them were pretty much mirror images of each other.

She rolled her brown eyes. “Yeah, but only because mom suggested it. She thought I wouldn’t have anything better to do over break since you weren’t here.”

“Hey,” Ashley said chuckling, “I had to start working here before I was your age.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” she said, rolling her eyes and pointing her pen back and forth between Ashley and I, “Are you two on a date?”

Ashley stood up taller, grinned at the girl, and put his arm around my waist. “Yes we are.”

“He’s cute,” she said, showing us to our table as if I wasn’t there.

I blushed, I really wasn’t used to girls saying anything about how I looked. It was always the guys that did, and most of them only did that when they wanted something from me.

As soon as Ashley and I sat down at the table, Alexis walked away. A few minutes later I was almost positive that I heard her yell, “Guess what everybody? Ashley’s here on a date!”. I thought it was pretty funny, but by the look that crossed Ashley’s face, I could tell that he thought it was pretty annoying.

“That was my sister by the way,” he said, playing with a napkin.

“I wondered when she said mom, and not my mom. She looks a lot like you.”

“Yeah, you have no clue how many times I had guys that she had had over come up and hug me, thinking I was her.”

I laughed. “I’m sorry, but that’s pretty funny.”

He grinned at me, a glimmer forming in his brown eyes. “Scared the shit out of them when they figured out it was me.”

“I can imagine.” I thought of Ashley turning around and some little boy looking like he was about to wet his pants as he apologized over and over. “I bet you can be pretty scary if you want to.”

“Of course I can.”

Before I could reply, an old woman came up behind Ashley. She looked sweet, her deep brown eyes shining, and a smile on her face. I guessed by the look of everyone else here, that he now long, gray hair had once been long and jet black.

“Ashy,” she said, putting her hand on Ashley’s shoulder.

Ashley stood up and hugged the woman. “Grandma, it’s great to see you.”

When they let go of each other, the woman looked at me with a soft smile. “And who is this young man Ashley?”

“This is Andy.”

“It’s nice to meet you Andy. I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but you have gorgeous eyes dear.”

I blushed quite deeply then. “Thank you.”

She smiled at me then turned to Ashley. “Your sister will bring your food out.”

After she walked away, I looked at Ashley, feeling a little confused. “We didn’t order anything.”

“I know,” he said, going back to picking at the napkin. “I always have pizza when I come here. I hope that’s okay with you.”

I nodded. I actually liked it a lot that Ashley had pretty much planned our whole date beforehand. Maybe it was the fact that this pleased Ashley, but I definitely liked it better.

After a few minutes where both Ashley and I sat in silence, Alexis came back holding a big plate containing four personal pizzas, mozzarella sticks, and marinara sauce. She came back again after giving us the pizzas with two glasses of water.

“If you want someone else to drink, just say so.”

I shook my head, taking a bite out of one of my pizzas. “I’m good, I liked water.”

Ashley nodded. “Andy, there’s something I need to ask you.”

“Go ahead Ash.

“When we first met at the strip club, you freaked out when I asked why you didn’t strip. Then after we had started talking, you had to go into one of the private rooms in the back with that guy who looked like he really needed to spend some quality time with some soap. If you weren’t stripping, I’m guessing you weren’t from the speech you gave me, then what were you doing back there?”

My guess was that Ashley had been thinking about asking me this question through the quiet period we had had when we first had sat down. I really wanted to give him an answer, he deserved to know what kind of person he was on a date with, but I was afraid he would leave and never talk to me again. I really wanted to be able to tell Ashley the truth, I just had hoped this wouldn’t be brought up.

I took another bite of my pizza while I contemplated on how to answer him. “You won’t be disgusted?”

“No, I already have some ideas since it happened at a strip club, I just wanted to know and hear it from you.”

“Oh,” I said, sighing. “I give blowjobs to guys who pay for it.”

Ashley just nodded. I would have never bet that that would have been his reaction. Part of me hoped that he would completely over react. That part of me was let down.