We're Climbing up the Sky

Morning after

Drella's eyes fluttered open, the room was too dark for her too see. It took a few minutes for her eyes to adjust to the lighting. She blinked away the sleep in her eyes. She looked up to see a sleeping Mike. She bite her lip, confused at why he was so close to her. Then she remembered, they fell asleep together. He had his arm wrapped tightly around her waist. She lifted her head looking around the room, everyone was still asleep. She wiggled out of his grip, trying to not wake him up. She slipped out onto the balcony. She leaned against the cold railing, it was covered in early morning dew. She looked down at the parking lot, we were 20 stories up a very long way to fall down. Her thoughts wondered to suicide.

She sat down, slipping her legs under the railing dangling her feet off the ledge. She could just climb over the railing and jump off. There wasn’t much protection, other than herself, from jumping. There was only that flimsy railing. She wonder how many people jumped out of this hotel, if any. Probably no one. She could never bring herself to jump out of a building, or off of a bridge. It would be so terrifying, those few seconds before you hit the ground or water. You would see the ground coming closer and closer. She wondered how many people wished they didn’t jump in those few seconds. Image the wind rushing against your face, and as the ground gets closer the more scared you become and you’re just like “shit I don’t want to die” then you hit the ground and it’s over. You can’t go back.

Someone sat down next to her, bring her out of her thoughts. She looked up at the person “You’re up early Jaime,” she said, giving him a small smile.

He nodded then yawned “Yeah, just couldn’t sleep.” he shrugged “I’m surprised my head doesn’t hurt that much...” she chuckled, he probably got trashed last night. “Why are you up?”

Drella shrugged, leaning her head on his shoulder “couldn’t sleep.” she said looking off into the city that surrounded the building we were staying in. The sun reflected off of all the different buildings, lighting up the city with a early morning glow.

“You couldn’t sleep? Even when you were cuddled next to Mike?” he chuckled.

She playfully hit him “Oh shush.” I looked up at him, he was looking down at her with his mischievous smile. “I thought you would have been too drunk to notice or remember.”

He laughed “Naw Vic and I didn’t have that many drinks last night, Tony though is gonna have a major hangover.”

She laughed “Poor guy.” she lifted her head off his shoulder. “Wait you said Vic wasn’t that drunk either...”

“Yess...”

“Did he say anything?” she looked at him, her eyes were wide. “about us...”

“No he just looked at you guys and smiled.” he shrugged.

She took in a breathe.

“So why are you out here?” he asked.

She looked down at her hands, fiddling with her thumb ring. “Just thinking, and if I did anything in there I probably would have woken you guys. So I came out here.”

“What were you thinking about?” he said poking her cheek, trying to make her smile.

She laid down on the ground of the balcony “Just stupid things.”

He knew what she was talking about. “How’s it doing? You getting any better?” Jaime was the only person who knew about her depression, he was there for her when it got really bad and he understood why she didn’t want anyone to know.

She shrugged “Sorta, I think I need to pills though, mine aren't working that well.. But I still think about it,”

“Have you talked to the doc? And that’s understandable, as long as it doesn’t happen again,” he looked down at her.

She shook her head “Never. And yeah I have, she said we'll figure it out..."

There was some rustling in the bedroom, making them quiet down and look into the room. Vic had gotten up, he looked around the room. He looked confused.

“We’re out here,” Jaime said softly, knowing Mike was still asleep.

Vic turned to the doorway, then made his way towards them.

“I don’t get it, you guys were out late and you’re waking up early!” she chuckled “If I went out I would be in bed till like 2.”

Vic sighed sitting next to Jaime. “Yeah I was wondering the same thing.”

“So how was it?”

“It was fun, we danced and drank a lot.” he shrugged.

“So the usual?” Drella chuckled.

They talked a little bit, until Mike woke up then all together they walked down to get breakfast. They stood outside the elevator door, waiting for it. Drella bite her lip, she never liked elevators.

“I’m gonna use the stairs,” she said.

“WAIT!” Jaime said, grabbing her wrist as she turned around. “Let’s see who gets there first, wait for the elevator.”

She laughed “Sure.”

She rolled on the balls on her feet, waiting for the elevator to rise.

“GO!” Jaime yelped as the elevator door opened.

She bolted out the stairs door, she ran down the stairs skipping or jumping a few. The stairway was really long, they were on the 20th floor. But going down was much easier than going up. She got to the floor that the cafeteria and threw the door opened. The guys were standing in front of her, Jaime looked smug. She bent over, taking deep breathes in.

“Beat you!” Jaime giggled.

“You run down 20 flights of stairs hun.” she said as got her breathe back.

Jaime rolled his eyes “Whatever, let’s get some food,” he said taking her wrist dragging her towards the food

“Jaime let me go,” she said shaking his hands of her wrist. “Oooh look we can make our own waffles!”

She walked over to the waffle maker, looking at it with confusing.

“Do you want help?” Mike said behind her.

She squeaked, turning around quickly. “Mike, why do you always do that to me!” she laughed. He looked unshaven, it was a very cute look for him.

“Sorry,” he flashed her a grin “So do you need help?”

She turned back around to look at the waffle maker, “Nooo I don’t think so. BUT do you know where the batter is?” She, once again, turned to look at him.

He pointed to something next to her, which turned out to be the batter. She scratched her neck, chuckling awkwardly.

“Oh.”

He shrugged, “So uh, sorry about last night..” he said looking down at his feet.

“Why?” she asked putting the batter the waffle maker “I was the one who snuggled up to you...” Her face turned a slight shade of pink. She closed the waffle maker looking up at him.

He didn’t bother putting any hats on, he just threw his hair in a ponytail. Which he did sometimes, loose hairs fell out and hung around his face. He smiled down at her.

“Oh yes, I did forget about that,” he smirked, making her look away. “Well I’m gonna go get some food,” he kissed her cheek and left.

Her face was fully red.

Vic watch his younger brother walk over to Drella, you could tell he liked her. They talked, she blushed a few times. He leaned down to kiss her cheek then walked away, leaving her completely flustered. Vic chuckled.

“Oh when will they just stop flirting and get together,” Jaime said sitting down next to him, with basically every possible breakfast food on his plate.

Vic laughed at his friends bluntness “Yeah, it is getting old.”

“Mmm, dead ou see hem as negh?” he asked with his mouth full of food.

“what?”

He swallowed “Did you see them last night!”

Vic laughed “Oh yeah. I just wanted to go up to them and be like,” motioning shoving to faces together “now kiss. But they were asleep...”

Jaime laughed. “You my friend are weird.”

Drella came over and sat down across from him. “I texted Tony, he’s on his way down.”

He nodded, he was impressed Tony was up. “Wow he’s up?”

She laughed sheepishly, “I sorta woke him up....by accident...”

She shoveled the waffle into her mouth as Mike began walking up. Vic looked at her and Jaime, they both had their mouths stuffed with food. Another give away they were related, they both just shoveled food into their mouths not caring if anything fell out.

“Oh that’s hot,” Mike said, putting his food down between Drella and I.

They both flipped him off, earning a chuckle from the two brothers. He looked over to the doorway, to see a very hungover Tony. He looked like he didn’t get any sleep, he had his snapback over his bed head hair. He walked over here, very slowly. Drella had pulled him a chair, which he sat down and hit his head on the table. Groaning every time his head came in contact with the table.

“You know if you stop hitting your head, it might stop hurting,” Drella said sipping her coffee, looking over at Tony.

“Oh you tell my hangover that,” Tony grumbled.

She shrugged “I’ll get you coffee, coffee helps me with hangovers.” she got up to get him some coffee.

Tony just stayed there with his head on the table. Drella sat down next to him, placing the steaming cup of coffee next to him. She placed a hand on his back, rubbing it. Vic was always amazed at how caring she could be. Most girls would yell at a man for getting trashed, and tell them how they shouldn’t do it. But not Drella, she understood and cared for them. She was really the most kind-hearted person he know.

“It’s just how you like it,” she said giving him a small smile, even though he didn’t see it.

“Thank you Ella,” Tony mumbled, making Drella smile.

“No problem.” she looked at her plate, which was now empty “I’m gonna go upstairs and take a shower..I feel icky,”

She took her plate and got up, waving goodbye to the boys, she left the cafeteria.

“We should go to six flags,” Jaime said, leaning back in his chair. Oh boy, this should be an interesting day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, probably won't post this week. BUT MAYBE I WILL
depends on how much homework I get
fucking college prep schools
disfaoshdoifas