Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 10

I wake up the next day feeling really awful. My head is spinning and when I put my hand on my forehead, it felt really hot. Then I felt my stomach churning and a few moments later, I threw up into the trash can at the side of my bed. I grabbed the tissue box on the side table and took a sheet to wipe my mouth. I threw it into the can and laid back groaning. I then called out, "Mom, I think I'm sick." Then,my mom's reply came, "That's your own fault for not changing out of those soaking wet clothes after you came home yesterday! What were you thinking?" and she came into the room with a thermometer a few moments later. She measured my temperature and looked at it, then nodded, "You've had a fever. I'll call school and tell them you're sick and can't go to school. And you should stay home for the rest of the day until I say you can go out." and she got up and started for the door, but I said, "But I need to visit Ash later..." She stopped and turned to me, "You don't need to visit people while you're sick. Now get some rest so your fever doesn't get worse." With that, she walked out the door and slammed it shut behind her.

I groaned and laid back into the bed, trying to get more sleep, but my mind refused to let me. Then Ashley's face appeared in my mind. Then Ash's. Then Ashley playing the piano, then Ash playing the piano, when I realized how they can both play Kiss the Rain very beautifully. I felt very peaceful for some reason, and before I knew it, I've fallen asleep.

By the time I wake up, I don't feel awful anymore, and I can see sunrays through the curtains, which means it's still day, and I can go to visit Ash. Wait, why was I so determined to visit her? Oh well, time to go. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my jacket on my way out and put it on. As I walked out the door, I felt the back of my jacket pulled back and when I turned to look, I saw my mom looking at me, raising an eyebrow. She then said, "Did you forget what I told you, young man? I said you should stay home until I say you're good enough to go." I rolled my eyes at her. "Mom, if I weren't healthy, I wouldn't be standing here right now." She put her hand on my forehead and frowned, "Okay, you can go out now, but how'd you get healthy that quickly?" I shrugged and said, "I lied down on the bed the whole day, that ought to make me feel better." and walked off.

On my way to the hospital, I was pulled into an alley and when I looked around to see who's there, I saw Chris staring right into my eyes. "Al, is Ashley alright? What happened to her? Will she be okay? Can I see her? Has she shown any improvements? W-" he said all in one breath, and I stopped him before he got any further. "Whoa, calm down, now, Ashley is currently out cold, I don't know what happened to her, and she hasn't shown any improvements in the past days, but I'm sure she'll be okay." I added the last part out of fear when I saw his eyes filled with fury. The next thing I know, he's yelling at me, and I thought about stopping him, but seeing how he destroyed the table at the Lab, I don't think that's a good idea, so I waited. When he finally did calm down, I said slowly, "Now, can you repeat what you said slowly so I can understand?" He looked like he's gonna yell at me again, but he just sighed. "Nevermind." he said, then he walked away, leaving me confused.

I got to the hospital at last, and when I walked in, I tried to see if anything have changed, but there doesn't seem to be any change. I walked to the chair next to the bed and sat down. She's still out cold. When will she wake up? I sighed and just then, I noticed movement. I looked down on her right hand, and I saw it again. It twitched. I looked up at her face. She looked like she's gonna wake up, and a few moments later, she did. She opened her eyes and looked at the surroundings, then her eyes stopped on me. I smiled at her, and she smiled back faintly. Then I got up and said, "I'll get the doctor. Wait a sec, okay?" She nodded slightly, and I rushed out to get the doctor.

I watched as the doctor checked on her. "Is she okay?" I asked, slightly worried, and the doctor smiled at me. "Now that the worst has gone by, she'll recover quickly. And you might want to get her parents." I nodded and pulled out my phone, dialing Ash's home number. Less than 5 minutes later, they're in her room rejoicing over her recovery. I decided to leave them. Then I thought of Chris. He needs to know about Ash's recovery.

I looked for Chris for a long while, and finally found him walking down the street. I called him and he turned to look at me and stared the whole time I ran up to him. When I was finally close enough, I said with a smile, "Ash has finally started to recover. I thought you need to know that." Chris' face brightened up immediately and he smiled wide. "That's awesome news! Thanks for letting me know, pal!" he said, then he hugged me. When he released me, he skipped away happily, and I yelled after him, "Watch your skirt!" He stopped skipping, and after glaring at me, walked away calmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda long chapter... PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!!