Status: Active

Sixteen and Pregnant by a Werewolf

Ch 29: Mother's Concern

Stephan dropped Nina off and then we headed to the house. He parked the car and we hopped out. Before I could walk off, Stephan stopped me and pulled me close to him.

“ Don’t think I didn’t see you hop in the car with that freaking vampire.” He whispered to me.

I could feel chills running down my spine when he said that. How did he see me with him? Was he spying on us? I looked at him, but couldn't say anything. I walked off towards the front door of the house and walked inside. Stephan walked in behind me and shut the door. Mom and dad were downstairs on the couch watching TV. Mom looked at me, then turned to Stephan.

“ How was it?” Mom asked him.
“ It was cool.” Stephan lied. “ We hung out at the park and we just talked. Then, we got something to eat.”
“ That’s cool.” Dad said, turning to us.

I looked at Stephan, turned around and headed upstairs into my room. I walked to my bed and laid down. I couldn’t stop thinking about Jeremy. I heard a knock on the door and I sat up. I turned and smiled at my mother who walked in and sat down on the edge of the bed. I smiled and continued to look at her.

“ We need to talk.” She said.
“ Okay.” I said. “ What’s wrong?”
“ I could see that something is bothering you and I would like to know what it is. I don't like it when my baby girl is upset."

I sighed and looked down at my hands.

“ I don’t want to be with Lycann.” I told her.
“ Who do you want to be with?” She asked.
“ Not him.”
“ Angel, let me ask you a question."
“ Okay.”
“ I noticed at the restaurant how you and that boy kept making eye contact. Is that him?”

I didn’t say anything, but I didn’t ignore her question. I nodded my head and she sighed.

“ I’m going to talk to Clayton to see if we can have a meeting with this boy.” She said.
“ Mom, please don’t.” I said, feeling the tears falling down. “ He made it clear that he doesn’t want to be with me.”
“ How do you know?”
“ I talked to him.”
“ How?”
“ I went back to town to find him and we had a talk. He said he doesn’t want to be with me because he would have to turn me.”

Mom sighed and looked away.

“ So, what are you going to do?” She asked me.
“ I guess I would have to find a reason to fall in love with Lycann.” I said, getting off the bed.

I walked over to the window and looked at the sky. I heard my bed creak and i quickly turned around.

“ Next time, ask before you do something dangerous like that.” Mom said.
“ It won’t be a next time.” I said. “ And I’m sorry I didn’t ask.”

She nodded her head and walked out of the room. I turned back to the window and I gasped when I saw Jeremy staring at me.