‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Eighteen

“So how did you tell Johnny you were pregnant?” Michelle asks from her spot on her floating chair in the pool, much like the rest of the girls.

Cora turns her head to the side and looks over at Michelle through her sunglasses. “I was going to tell Johnny that he can forget about buying condoms ever again, but that didn’t happen. The fucking tabloids beat me to it.”

“What?!” the girls all shout and Cora nods her head.

“Yep. Matt took me to the store about, oh three days ago to buy the test and when we got out there was paparazzi all over the place. I guess they talked to the girl who checked us out or something because they shouldn’t have known about the tests at all,” Cora explains and the girls all shake their heads.

“How are we just now hearing about this?” Leanna asks.

“Johnny and Larry worked their asses off to cover it up and the story got pulled before it could get published.”

“How did you guys find out about it?” Gena asks.

“One of John’s friends works for TMZ or one of those magazines.”

“Was he happy?” Gena asks and Cora smiles nodding her head.

“I thought he was going to be pissed, but when he looks up at me…I don’t know his eyes said everything for him. And then we had sex,” Cora quickly rushes the last part out and all the girls scream and laugh, taking the time to splash Cora with water.

“It wasn’t on the couch was it?!” Leanna cries and Cora shakes her head laughing.

“No…” Cora peaks over at Layla who already knows the story. “It was on the steps,” Cora giggles while blushing and the girls all splash her again as they shout and laugh.

“Hey!” All the girls are startled by the loud voice and they all look over to see Johnny standing at the edge of the pool with Octavis in his arms. “Stop trying to drown my family!” Johnny orders and the girls all pout.

“Awe, you’re no fun,” Val mutters and Michelle snorts at her twin’s words. Johnny narrows his eyes at the twins and slowly lowers himself on the steps of Matt’s pool. With Octavis in his arms, Johnny spreads his legs and lets Octavis kick his feet in the water. Rolling off of her floating chair, Cora swims over to Johnny and pecks his lips making Johnny growl lightly when Cora flicks her tongue over his bottom lip.

“Hey! Keep it PG over there!” Jimmy shouts from his spot on the deck with the rest of the guys spread out around him.

“Shut up!” Johnny yells and Cora easily takes Octavis from Johnny, knowing that Johnny just asked for a fight.

“What was that short shirt?!” Jimmy yells and jumps off the back deck. Cora walks out of the pool and carries Octavis over to the deck. Octavis wines and reaches his arms towards the pool, but Cora shakes her head.

“Not right now little man,” she tells him and Zack laughs. Setting his beer on the table, Zack holds out his arms and Cora hands Octavis over to his daddy.

“Is Skye up from her nap yet?” Matt asks looking over his shoulder just as Brian walks out of the house and he smiles seeing his little girl in Brian’s arms.

“Daddy!” Skye wines, her little voice still thick with sleep and Matt beams. Moving away from the grill, Matt takes Skye from Brian and he narrows his eyes.

“Don’t burn the food,” Matt warns and Brian rolls his eyes, but says nothing in return as he walks over to the grill where Lucas is at. Matt bounces Skye o his hip and he makes his way over to Zack and Cora. Skye sees Octavis and her face lights up.

“Oct!” she giggles and Cora’s eyes widen along with Matt and Zack’s.

“That is sooooo cute!” Cora gushes and Matt kisses Skye’s temple.

“Yeah I know, my girl is freaking smart!” Matt states proudly and Zack nods in agreement.

“Don’t worry, Octavis will be right there behind her. Give him a little time,” Zack says and Matt laughs.

“Jimmy put me down!” All eyes go to Jimmy and Johnny who are now no longer fighting. Jimmy has Johnny in his arms like he’s holding a baby and Johnny is trying desperately to get out of Jimmy’s hold.

“Shut up little baby,” Jimmy snaps and he yelps when Johnny bites his shoulder. “Fuck!” Jimmy shouts and without any warning he throws Johnny into the pool. “Stupid little shit,” Jimmy grumbles as he rubs his shoulder.

Hours pass and soon night falls, the kids are sleeping and the adults are all gathered together outback. With drinks in their hands all eyes are on Johnny and Cora and Matt is the first to speak, “Johnny, man, you know I love you like a brother and I’m happy for you man, I really am. But Cora, good luck raising a kid with him,” Matt jokes and Johnny flips him off while the others all laugh.

“Cora we’ve known each other for what seems like forever, you’re a part of my family and I could not ask for a better friend. We’ve been through a lot together and I couldn’t be more proud of you then I am right now,” Layla says with tears in her eyes and Cora smiles. “You have turned into this wonderful woman and now you’re going to be a great mother…” Layla chokes on her words and Cora walks over. The two wrap their arms around each other and everyone awes and laughs as the two start to cry on each other.

Zack clears his throat, “I think what we’re all trying to say is that we wish you the best as parents and we have faith in the two of you. None of us thought we would be parents, but here we are…so yeah welcome to the club!” Zack says and everyone cheers and claps. Hugs and kisses go around throughout the group and Cora ends up in Johnny’s arms at the end.

“Tomorrow everyone else is coming over and we’re having another party so the grandparent can be here as well as friends,” Matt tells the group. “Also Larry will be here and he wants to talk to us about how we’re going to release the news of the baby to the public. Cora if you want you can come to the meeting with Johnny, but it’s up to you.” Cora nods her head and leans against Johnny who kisses her temple.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but there is a reason for that. Don't worry, I'm not slacking off or anything like that. Trust me there is a method to my madness ;)

Major thank you to my partner in crime for dealing with my crazy ideas and random thoughts