‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Nineteen

*"Layla we need to talk" I looked at the person in front of me with their out stretched hand in front of me. It was the last day of school in a few hours I will be graduating and in three weeks I will take my final exams. I took Danny's hand and smiled at him, we have been together since we were thirteen. We had it all planned I would work for my dad and Danny would focus on his music. As we walked around the grounds of school we finally sat down outside the library. "Layla can you believe it we are going to be finished after today?" he smiled at me. "I Know finally, no more uniforms, no more classes. Just us and the world" I smiled back at him. I watched as Danny hung his head low as I said the last part. "Whats up Danny?" I asked beginning to get nervous. "Layla I don't think this whole plan of us is going to work. The band and myself are going on the road and I think its time we went out separate ways" Danny rushed out still looking at the ground. "Fine, whatever you want Danny." I said about to get up. "Layla I will always love you and I don't want to hurt you but there is a world out there waiting to be discovered in our own time." Danny said taking my hand in his. "Yeah your right there is a whole new world out there" I said trying to hold the tears back. "If we are ment to be Layla we will meet again I promise...."*

"Layla we're here." I heard Matt say ripping me from my thoughts. "Huh? oh right yeah sorry." I replied taking off my seat belt. "You don't have to do this you know. I nodded my head in a reply. Today I was visiting Danny in prison it had been a few weeks since the whole scenario had happened but Danny wanted to see me. As I got out of the car all the memories kept flooding my brain all the Christmas', summers, school days, all of it just kept flowing through my thoughts as I walked towards the prison. Soon my brain flooded of memories of Matt and Skye which made me more relaxed. I looked up at Matt who moved his hand from my hand and wrapped me in a hug. " You are amazing you know that?" I smiled and replied " No but it is nice to be told." I smiled to which Matt reciprocated. I walked in the prison and went through security checks, Matt and myself were led to a room to wait for Danny.

About twenty minutes later the door opened and in walked Danny, I felt Matt grip my hand as I did his, "Layla I am glad you came to see me." Danny spoke and I could feel my blood boil. "I came here for one thing and one thing only Danny why the hell would you take my little girl away from her mom and dad?" I asked. "I wanted you back I met Amirah in a hotel bar one night in LA and she told me about Corra then she mentioned you. As far as I am aware you are the only Layla Reid from Dublin who runs a bar in Huntington. SO we got chatting and we came up with a plan to get Octavis back and for me to get you back." Danny sighed. "So you took our daughter and watched Layla tear herself apart, watch her cry and drink herself in to your arms?" Matt was fumed. " Well you did fuck all for her, you moved out and left Layla all alone in that lovely house of yours." Danny smirked. "You fucking asshole, because of you I nearly lost the two precious things in my life my fiancee and my daughter for what so you hoped Layla would leave me and come running back to you." Matt said venom pouring from his mouth. "Well you weren't the hard part in a matter of speaking again you left Layla to defend for herself. What kind of man leaves his fiancee to deal with all that hurt on her own." Danny smirked at Matt.

"Ughh stop it you two, Danny you left me at 18 not me left you. Secondly I love Matt and he is the father of my daughter, thirdly you had nine years to come and find me why now?" I spoke calmly. " I was looking for you Layla, after your dad passed away you vanished. I searched all over California but never thought to stop in Huntington. I still mean what I said Layla, I love you and I will always love you. I know I screwed up big time but I wanted you to know how sorry I am about how the way I went about things. Skye is beautiful and such a great kid I took extra good care of her like she was my own." Danny said softly. "Well she isn't yours she is my daughter. You missed your chance with Layla. You did all the things Layla hates in people. You lied, you broke her trust and finally you broke your promise to her. You tried to destroy her happiness with me, I knew from the day I met you, you were no good." Matt said getting up from the table. "Well last time I checked i didn't invite you to visit me?" Danny replied standing up. "I asked him to come he had the right to know why you took our little Skye away and for that I hope you get deported home and stay there. As far away from my sister, Ger, my mom and especially me." I said getting up to join Matt at the door. "I am sorry Layla." Danny said looking defeated. " I know you are but there are just some things in life that well can't be forgotten Danny. Take care." I said opening the door and leaving. I stopped when I heard Danny speak to Matt. "Look after her please and again I'm sorry." I sighed resting my head waiting for Matt to join me. "Can we go home babe and see Skye please." I said curling into Matt's side. "Sure lets get out of here." Matt replied kissing the top of my head.

The whole way home was quiet in the car, I felt better after facing Danny after all the drama and I just wanted to get on with my life. I was excited for Corra to have the baby. I am getting married to the man I love and I have a beautiful daughter with a loving family. Soon we pulled up at our home to which I smiled at Matt. We both walked into the house to see skye sitting on Johnny's back saying horsie. we watched from the door way laughing at johnny crawl around the floor with Skye on his back. "Hey you two" I smiled hearing Corra from behind me. "Hey babe." I smiled resting my head on Matt's chest. "Well you look a lot better how did it go?" Corra asked as I pulled her into my side. "All over now babe time to focus on the future." I giggled. "Mommy! daddy!" Skye squealed climbing off Johnny and walked towards us. "Hey baby, you having fun with Uncle Johnny?" Matt asked picking up Skye. Skye gave Matt a kiss and a hug. "So Matt did Larry call you?" Johnny asked once off the floor. No I had my phone switched off since we left?" Why?" Matt asked setting Skye back down. "We are going to be on the Ellen show next week man!" Johnny said with delighted in his voice. "No way man! You serious?" Matt exclaimed. " No joke man!" Johnny answered hugging Corra. "Well guys we better get going the gathering is at our place tonight finally Johnny gets to meet my mom and dad." Corra smiled. "Also they are meeting Octavis and Zacky." Corra added. "Well we better all get ready then shouldn't we." I smiled hugging Corra goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long work as me working none stop. So please enjoy Comment and Subscribe.