‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Four

I sat on the floor watching Skye crawl towards me. Now that i think about it, Matt was right in a way about a stranger looking after our child. I don't want to miss a single moment with Skye but at the same time I do have a pub to run. I sat cuddling Skye until she fell asleep in my arms. I went upstairs and laid her down in her crib, I switched on the monitors and headed down stairs. "Hey mom." I said with a half hearted smile. "Oh Layla Louise Reid, I know that look! What's wrong?" my mom asked. "I had another fight with Matt." I said sitting down at the table running my hands threw my hair. "Ill put the kettle on dear." my mom said heading towards the kettle to make tea.

"What happened now darling?" my mom asked setting my tea in front of me. "Matt expects me to be a stay at home mom with Skye to give up my job while he is on tour." I explained taking a sip of my tea. "You know I adore Matt Layla but I agree with you. Your father would be so angry at Matt right now if he was here. I mean he would be angry at Matt for not understanding you had a life before meeting him and you have ran a bar right up until you had Skye. Its your trade sweet heart you grew up in the bar trade and a part of me knows you really want the same for your daughter." my mom said while drinking her tea.

"Am i being selfish though mom?" i asked her and she shook her head to say no. "Not at all sweet heart. Your a mom, you are independent as well. Its the 21st century hun you are still able to raise your daughter and run a pub. Just talk to Matt darling." my mom said hugging me. "Mom can you mind Skye I need to talk to Matt." I asked her and she said "of course sweetheart." I ran upstairs and threw on my converse. Grabbing my keys and sunglasses. I kissed Skye on the head and ran out to my car.

I rang Corra and she told me that they were at Zackys. I drove over to Zackys listening to the radio I stopped at the lights. As i looked out the window I thought I was seeing things, the person in the car next to me looked straight at me but soon sped away once the lights changed. I followed the car at a distance. It just can't be but had to be sure. Bout a half an hour later I pulled up outside a hotel. I followed the person inside to the bar. I watch them sit down and order a drink. I sat in the seat beside them. "What are doing here?" I asked. Soon she looked at me and it was no other than Amirah. "Free country Layla I can live any where I want." Amirah snapped at me. "Your son is doing well like you care but he is happy and is doing really well, Zacky is a great dad. So is Matt your sister well wow she is amazing with the babies." I said with a smile.

I could tell Amirah wasn't happy with what I was saying. As I got up I whispered in Amirahs ear, "Your as sick excuse of a mother. I couldn't live with out my daughter but you seem to not care about your son or Zacky." I said walking away from Amirah. "My son is better off with out me and Zacky wants nothing to do with me." Amirah started to cry. "You did this all yourself Amirah. Not us to you. If you want to be a mom then honestly maybe you should talk to Zacky on my terms but you have to prove it to us all that your able to be a mom!" i sternly told her. "don't tell Zacky Im back!" Amirah begged. "Well I will think about it nobody tells me what to do Amirah." I said walking out of the hotel.

As I drove over to Zackys and pulled up outside. I took a deep breathe and entered Zackys place. "Hey guys." I smiled walking out to the back garden. "Hey Layla!" jimmy ran towards me picking me up and swung me around. " Jimmy put me down!" I screamed. "Jimmy put Layla down now my daughter needs her mother." I heard Matt shout as Jimmy put me back down. I walked over to Matt and kissed him softly. "I need to talk to corra first then can we talk in private." I asked and Matt just nodded and let me out of his arms. I walked over to Corra and snuggled her from behind. "Hey boss lady what's up?" Corra asked. "When I was driving over here I came across a woman in a car. So I followed my hunch and found out who is she it was Amirah." I sighed. "She is back! She has some nerve." Corra nearly practically screamed. "I know but I think we should tell Val and Lucas first. Then tell Zacky plus the guys have enough to deal with so let us girls take control of this." I said playing with the water in the pool with my hand. "Have you sorted things out with Matt?" Corra asked and I shook my head. "Corra I will be at work when Skye goes to sleep and be there when she wakes up. Matt will be touring for months but yet I feel selfish for not seeing his point of view." I sighed. "Then tell him that and come to an arrangement, he has to remember that you are you a pub owner, a mother and most importantly his fiancee it cant be all about his needs." Corra said hugging. "At least I know you understand me Corra, sometimes I think it should be you that I am marrying." I laughed and so did Corra. "Remember boss lady you are one in a million." Corra smiled. "So are you." I smiled back then tackled her on to her back then hugged her. All the guys could hear was loud giggles and thought they had gotten lucky to some girl on girl action. "Perverts!" Corra and I giggled.

Soon everyone started to head home. Matt went with Corra to pick up his car and I headed home to get Skye ready for bed. As I got Skye washed and ready for bed I got her bottle ready. Matt soon arrived home and came in to take Skye up to bed after I fed her, cause I was getting ready for work.

"She is out cold. Listen Layla I am sorry for the things I said to you last night, but I guess I am jealous of the fact that you will constantly be here with Skye while I will be touring the world." Matt sighed sitting on our bed. I went over to sit on Matts knee and he rested his head in the crook of neck. "Matt I am sorry too but if I give up running the pub its the last bit of sanity I will have. I will be with Sky all day and your mom offered to come over when I was working 4 nights a week. It will work Matt I promise." I sighed getting up and putting on my shoes. As I headed for the door I turned around to Matt and told him. " I love you, you know that yes?" Matt got off the bed and kissed me hard and replied "of course I do and I love you too. Now go to work! I will see you later." Matt said slapping my ass as I headed to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy new year everybody. Loads of love and best wishes for 2013 x