Status: Alive and writing.

Long Live Us

Bella meets Caitlin.

Bella’s POV.

I sighed as I walked into the coffee shop, I hadn’t gotten much sleep during the night and now I was at work at 8am. I didn’t know why though.. I just felt as though something big was going to happen.. Something un-expected. I dragged my feet as I walked up and behind the counter. I greeted Simone softly and she pulled me into a soft hug.

“Honey, you look shattered, what’s the matter?” She asked in a motherly tone and I simply sighed as I placed on my apron.

“Sorry Simone, I didn’t get much sleep last night and I’m rather tired. I stayed up all night watching movies because I couldn’t get to sleep and I’m regretting it now.” I said with a small chuckle and she sighed softly.

“Maybe you’re coming down with something.. You shouldn’t even have driven here whilst tired!” She scolded in a disapproving manner and I sighed softly.

“Sorry Simone, you just know how I don’t like letting you down.” I sighed and she smiled softly before patting me on the back.

“I know honey, but don’t worry! You hardly have any time off. Just have the day to yourself today? Paid as usual just go get some rest. But you are not driving home, someone has to come get you!” She said just as the doorbell rang and Alex walked in. I groaned softly as I slapped my hand to my head. I knew she was going to ask Alex to drop me home. “Alex honey! You wouldn’t do me a big favour would you?” She asked and Alex smiled softly at us.

“Of course I will! As long as I may get some of your lovely coffee first.” He said with his famous smirk and I sighed as I started putting his order together, already knowing what he wanted. I placed it in front of him and he handed me the money, looking at me with his chocolate coloured eyes, instantly showing concern.

“Now, would you be able to take this lovely lady home? She hasn’t slept and I don’t want her driving like that.” Simone said with a sigh and I rolled my eyes softly. Alex smiled.

“Of course I will. Come on, Bella.” He said and I nodded softly before taking my apron off and hugging Simone softly. I was lucky to have such an amazing boss like her. She was more of a mother to me than my own ever was. And If I had to choose over my blood mother and her, Simone would win hands down. I walked out of the shop and Alex led me over to his car. He opened the door for me and I smiled softly at him as I climbed in and buckled my seatbelt. He followed after and soon enough we were on the way to my apartment. It was only a five minute drive. I was glad for that and I got out quickly, walking over to Alex’s side of the car.

“You can come in you know, I don’t bite. We can nap together.” I said jokingly and a mischievous look came across his face as he climbed out of the car.

“No take backs now.” He said and I laughed softly as we made our way up to the door. I unlocked it quickly and sighed as I kicked off my Vans. I made my way towards the stairs and turned around towards Alex, who was standing awkwardly in the doorway.

“Well come on then, I said it and I now have to deal with the consequences. But come within an inch of my personal space and I will cut your tongue out.” I smiled sweetly and he simply laughed as he shook his head. He shut the door and took off his shoes before following me up the stairs. We walked into my room and I instantly walked over to my dresser and pulled out some sleeping clothes. I walked into the bathroom and wiped off any makeup I had on and threw my hair up into a messy bun before placing on the items of clothing I had to sleep in. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Alex who looked like he’d face planted on my bed. I rolled my eyes softly with a small smile and moved to the other side of him, pulling up the covers and instantly getting inside. Alex took off his Jacket and shirt and followed shortly after.

“You can take off your trousers you know, I know it’s not comfy sleeping in jeans and I don’t care. We’re good friends now aren’t we? That and you‘re already half naked anyways.” I said with a soft smile and Alex chuckled before doing what I said, leaving him in just his boxers. I was almost asleep when Alex’s voice awoke me.

“Bella?” He asked and I grunted in response. “Can I take you to meet someone after this?” He asked and I opened my eyes, a small giggle escaping from me.

“If I say yes will you let me sleep?” I asked with a smile and he nodded his head softly. “Then yes. As long as it’s not your parents.” I said with a soft sigh as I yet again closed my eyes. This time I fell asleep instantly.

I woke up around 2ish, indicating I’d been asleep for around seven hours. I looked beside me to see Alex sleeping peacefully. I poked his chest lightly, making him stir in his sleep.

“What?” I heard him groan after five minutes of me poking him and I smiled softly with a giggle.

“Get up, lazy ass.” I said loudly as I pulled up my pillow from under my head and hit him around the head with it. He jumped up suddenly and his eyes shot open. He looked over at me and his stare softened lightly as he caught sight of me.

“Oh, you’re so going to pay for that.” He mumbled as he rubbed at his eyes. A small chuckle emitting from his throat. I rolled my eyes softly as I stood up, climbing out of the bed. I stood in front of him and smiled cheekily.

“Oh really?” I asked and he simply nodded, looking down at my bare stomach where my shirt had rode up in my sleep. I had the sudden urge to feel his cold, calloused fingers on my bare flesh.. But, I stripped the thought from my mind.

“I’d like to see you try.” I said with a giggle as I walked into the en-suite bathroom to brush my teeth and do my normal routine after waking up. I heard a knocking on the door as I was washing my hands.

“How much longer are you going to be, woman? We still have to go and meet someone, you know.” He stated with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes softly.

“I’ll be two minutes. I just have to get dressed and I’ll be done.” I said and I heard him sigh, I could practically see the smile he wore in my head.

“Great well, we’ll pick her up on our way.” He said and I instantly felt a pang of jealousy hit me. Where it had come from I had no idea but I didn’t like it.. I quickly placed on my clothes and applied a little make up. Once I was done I walked out and smiled softly at Alex who’s eyes had widened as I walked out. “Wow.. You look great..” He said and I smiled back softly as I grabbed my phone and keys, shoving them into my back pocket.

“Thanks, ready to go?” I asked, the feeling of jealousy still hitting me hard inside. I didn’t like feeling this way. Alex nodded his head softly, clearly nervous. Whoever I was meeting was really important to him. A few minutes later we were out of my apartment and in Alex’s car, starting the journey towards this extremely special person.

It was around three and I was getting tired of driving, my ass was starting to cramp. I looked over at Alex pleadingly and he rolled his eyes softly at me.

“Okay Princess, we’re here.” He said as he pulled up outside a school. I furrowed my brows softly but then everything started making sense.. He was always tired, never slept, spent most of the time at his house and he kept himself hidden for the most part.. I was going to meet his child. My jaw dropped and he laughed at the sudden movement. “I’m sorry I never told you.. I didn’t know how.” He mumbled and I sighed softly as I ran a hand across my face. I knew the perfect guy had to have a little secret.. I just didn’t know it would be this big. But then I also wondered if the mother was waiting at home.

“It’s okay Alex.. It’s just-.. What if she doesn’t like me?” I asked and he smiled softly.

“Seriously? I’ve been wondering how you’re going to react to this whole thing and you’re only worried about whether she’ll like you or not?” He asked and I shrugged softly, fiddling with the necklace around my neck. He nodded for me to climb out and I did, he followed me out and waited for me to get to his side of the door and grabbed my hand. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I smiled slightly at the feeling. I saw a little girl standing beside a teacher and her face lit up as soon as she set eyes on Alex. She ran up to him and Alex crouched down on the floor, instantly bringing her into his arms. I smiled at the sight just as she looked up at me, I gave her a sweet smile and bent down next to Alex. She smiled over at him before walking up to me and wrapping her arms around me. I was slightly shocked at first but placed my arms around her after a few seconds.

“Caitlin, this is Bella.” Alex said and the girl pulled away from me, smiling brightly at me and showing me her teeth. “You don’t mind if she comes and hangs out with us for a while, do you?” He asked and she shook her head vigorously, the same smile still on her face.

“It’s lovely to meet you sweetie.” I said as I kissed her cheek and she grinned, turning around to her father and grabbing his hand before looking back over at me.

“You too!” She exclaimed with a giggle and I smiled as we walked back to Alex’s car. He grabbed the car seat out of the boot and placed it in the back seat, locking it in place and putting Caitlin inside and buckling her up. I climbed in the front and Caitlin whined. “Sit back here with me, Bella!” She exclaimed with a giggle and I smiled softly before getting out and climbing in the back, Alex climbed in the drivers seat not long after and pouted at his daughter.

“Caitlin! You’re not allowed to steal my friends!” He pouted and Caitlin simply chuckled.

“She likes me better Daddy!” She chuckled softly and he rolled his eyes before starting to drive back. Caitlin turned to me, a huge smile on her face. “You’re very beautiful.” She exclaimed shyly and I blushed a deep shade of red, Alex laughed at me slightly from the front seat.

“Thank you sweetie, so are you.” I said and this time it was her turn to blush.

“Are you like Bella from twilight? She’s very beautiful too. Only your hair’s longer and prettier than hers.” She said and I smiled widely. She was the sweetest thing ever.

“Awwh, thank you. But I’m afraid I don’t hang around with any vampires.” I said with a soft pout and she giggled.

“I don’t know, My Daddy doesn’t sleep much, he may as well be a vampire.” She giggled and Alex glared at her slightly through the rear view mirror.

“Caitlin has a point, Alex. You may as well be one.” I giggled and he rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging at his lips. I sat and talked to Caitlin the whole ride to Alex’s and once we arrived we climbed out and Alex attempted to pick Caitlin up out of the car seat but she backed away.

“I want Bella to get me.” She said with a pouty face and I giggled softly as I picked her up and she laid her head in the crook of my neck. I smiled softly as I carried her into the house and then placed her down on the floor once we’d walked through the door. She smiled up at me and ran into a room that I presumed was the living room.

“She likes you.” Alex stated with a wide smile and I grinned back.

“I’m glad, she’s got to be one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met.” I said and he smiled before wrapping me in a hug. I hugged him back and smiled softly to myself. He let go too quickly for my liking and I sighed as he walked into the living room. I took off my heels and walked in after him.

“So, who wants pizza for tea?” He asked and Caitlin sighed.

“Daddy, we had pizza yesterday.. And the day before.” She said and he sighed softly as I smiled.

“I could cook you guys something? I’m not that bad in the kitchen.” I laughed and Caitlin jumped up happily.

“You mean, we’re actually going to get a cooked meal?!” She squealed and I smiled as I looked at Alex who stared at me with guilty eyes. I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards, Caitlin following closely behind me. There wasn’t much in there but there was enough.

“How does spaghetti sound?” I asked and she smiled, clapping her hands together.

“Daddy! I love Bella!” She said happily as she walked back into the living room. Alex came in shortly after as Caitlin went to play with some of her toys.

“So.. How come her mothers not around?” I asked quietly and Alex sighed.

“She died.. Not long ago, car accident. I didn’t know about Caitlin until the day after when they said she had no one else to go too apart from me. I was on tour at the time.” He said with a sad sigh and my eyes widened.

“I’m so sorry, Alex.. I didn’t know.” I said sadly and he simply smiled at me.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said. I could feel the atmosphere getting awkward so I decided to change the subject.

“So.. You said you was on tour?” I asked as I poured some sauce into a pan and he smiled at the thought.

“Yeah.. I’m in a band, All Time Low. I didn’t know if you knew so I just didn’t bring it up.. I wanted to be treated like a normal person for once.. Plus, I don’t actually know where the bands going with me having Caitlin so I don’t talk about it much." I stopped stirring the sauce and walked over to him, taking his hands in mine.

“Alex, I wouldn’t have thought of you any differently. Famous or not you’re still a human being.” I said with a smile and he smiled back softly, his thumbs rubbing over the top of my small hands.

“Well, thank you, Bella. You’re the first person to ever think that.” He said with a soft sigh and I smiled softly before removing my hands from his and walking back over to the pasta. I added a few spices that looked like they’d never been touched. Luckily they where still in date. I placed the spoon to my mouth and nodded approvingly before walking over to Alex and placing it to his lips. He looked at it nervously before taking a taste and smiling. “Can I please keep you forever?” He asked as he swallowed more of the sauce. I laughed softly before adding the spaghetti to some boiling water. Not long later it was done and I piled the food onto plates. Caitlin came bouncing in happily and was the first to get seated, tucking into her food. I smiled softly at them both before tucking into my own meal. We strangely felt like a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this is so shit but I'm ill and it's also 1am. I wish I could write better for you guys so I'll try harder in the next chapter! Comment please, I'll love you forever!