Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 2nd, 2012

"I just think that we should take a break."

I breathed out, feeling my throat close up. "You're really fucking stupid to be doing this over the phone." I pressed the END button and slammed my phone down. I felt the hot tears streaming down my cheeks and I stayed where I was on my bedroom floor for 15 minutes. I got up to my feet, grabbing my phone and walking downstairs and out the door. I wrapped my arms around my middle at the cool air and walked down to the sidewalk and in the direction I needed to go. I still felt the tears coming out and I didn't bother to stop them when I reached my destination. I tapped on the door and waited for it to open to reveal the hazel eyes that comforted me since forever. I sobbed out into his shirt when he stepped outside and wrapped his arms around me. I nearly clung to him when my arms were around his neck. I let more tears slip out until we reached his room and he set me down on the bed. He pulled away and wiped under my eyes.

"What happened?" He whispered.

I let a few more tears fall out and swallowed, "Cade broke up with me." I knew my voice would crack and that was exactly what it did. I closed my eyes shut and heard his soothing voice again.

"I'm sorry. You don't deserve him anyways. He was a dick to you," he rubbed my arm. I shook my head and felt my throat close up again. He pulled me into his chest and I balled a fist of his shirt in my hand. I calmed down a little at him rubbing my back. I sniffed and turned toward his bedroom door opening and four boys stepping into the room. I jumped off the bed and squeezed the tallest one around his waist. I felt more tears again and a few slipped out. It felt like forever when I heard the bedroom door close and I pulled away and found that it was only us in here.

"What's wrong?" His worried eyes searched mine frantically. I wiped under my eyes and I felt his hands on my shoulders. "Cade broke up with me." My voice was hoarse.

"Good." He scoffed. I looked up at him with a look.

"What? He doesn't deserve you. He treated you like absolute shit! I don't even get how you stayed with him!"

I shrugged, "I don't either, John."

"You'll be okay. You're Markie fucking Scott. My best friend and the happiest girl I know!"

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist again. I felt his arms around my shoulders and he kissed my forehead when I pulled away. "Thank you. You always know how to make me feel better."

He nodded down at me and took my hand in his, "Come on, we're going out."

I followed behind him down the stairs and smiled at the guys. "Sorry about tha—"

"Kenny told us." Pat interrupted. I nodded, looking down and biting my lip.

"Well, let's go eat." Jared said in the silence. I felt John's hand on my lower back as he pushed me forward out to the car. He helped me into his truck and I buckled myself in. I watched him walk around to the other side and he got in, buckling himself and turning on the ignition. He glanced over at me with one hand on the wheel, "What?"

"Remember when you messed up your teeth?" I smiled.

He laughed, nodding. "That was the worst day! We were so little and you couldn't stop laughing at me."

"I couldn't help it! You were blaming me when you were the one who did it to yourself!" He smiled, shaking his head.

"Is your sweatshirt in here?" I asked.

He nodded, jutting his thumb toward the back. I turned in my seat and saw the dark blue sweatshirt. I pulled it from the back and moved the seatbelt away from me to bring the sweatshirt over my head. I fixed my hair and turned toward the window, looking out at the streetlights. I felt John's eyes on me while I looked away from him and I felt a blush creep over my cheeks. This always happened when I felt him looking at me, it never stopped even when I was dating Cade. God, just saying his name made my throat close up. I didn't let the tears come though, I just swallowed the lump back. I saw John pull into the restaurant parking lot and he chose a space a few away from Jared's car. We got out and I pulled the sleeves of his warm sweatshirt over my hands. He joined me in front of the car and rubbed my back. I brought my hands up to my face and engulfed my nostrils with his smell. I loved the way he smelt. It was the smell of my favorite cologne, the one I picked out for him when we went to the mall a while ago.

The rest of the boys joined us and we walked in the restaurant, John and Kennedy on either side of me. I think that out of all the guys, I was the closest to both of the boys. I had been with John since we were born and I met Kennedy when I was nine when he moved a few houses away from me. Once we met, we were inseparable. We became best friends instantly and him and John hit it off when I introduced them in middle school. They met the rest of the boys in high school and I became friends with them ever since. We were all in the same grade and now we're seniors and school would be ending in a few months. I couldn't wait, it would be amazing to just get out of there.

I slid into the booth next to John and Kenny slid in after me. The lady came over and took our orders for drinks then motioned to the buffet along the back wall. I waited for Kenny to get out and I felt John's hand on my back again as we walked to the buffet. We waited in line for a few minutes because Pat was loading his plate sky high with a shit ton of food. I swear, that boy never gets full. I moved up and put a little food on my plate and waited for John to finish. We walked back to the booth and slid in. I felt his leg against mine and I leaned into him more. The boys were having a conversation about some movie and I just played around with the food on my plate. I kept my eyes glued on it until I felt John nudge my side. I lifted my eyes and found his hazel ones.

"You alright?" He whispered.

I nodded, "Fine." I said quietly.

"No you're not, I know you Markie. I'll take you to your house to get a bag of clothes, you're spending the night."

I opened my mouth to object but he put his finger over my lips.

"You're not getting out if it either." I sighed and ate the rest of my food until everyone else was finished. All the guys pitched in to pay the bill and I felt bad because I didn't have my wallet with me. We got out of the booth and I stayed by Kennedy's side until we got outside. I hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered in my ear as he pulled away to kiss my forehead. I nodded and he moved to walk behind me. I walked to the passenger side of John's truck and got in. He started the car when he got in and pulled out of the lot, driving toward the direction of my house. I looked over at him, biting my lip and watching his facial features. I smiled as he reached his free hand up and moved his hair out of his eyes. I moved down to his eyes and watched them focus on the long road ahead. I then moved down to his perfectly shaped nose and down to his perfect lips. Everything about him was perfect and I always realized this whenever I stared at him. I thought about every inch of him. All of it. Perfect.

I fluttered my eyelashes and turned, abruptly, back to the window. Did I just call John perfect? My best friend?

I snapped out of it when he pulled into my empty driveway. "Where's your mom?"

I shrugged, "I wouldn't know." I unbuckled myself and got out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I walked up the path with John right behind me and unlocked the door, waiting for him to step inside before I shut it. We walked upstairs and I dug through my closet for my duffel bag. Once I found it, I set it down on my bed and moved to my dresser. I got out at least a few pairs of clothes for about a week, knowing I'd probably be staying long. John sat on my bed while I packed my clothes away and I grabbed a few last minute things like my backpack, charger, iPod, toothbrush, and my brush and shoved them in my bag. John stood and took my bag from me, carrying it downstairs. I followed behind him and we walked out the door together and down to his truck.

::

He pulled into his driveway and we got out, him taking my bag again. "Does your mom know I'm sleeping over?" I asked.

He shrugged as he opened the front door, "She won't mind."

We walked in and I took my shoes off, setting them by the door. He led me up the stairs and I peeked into his little brother's room. "Hey Shane," I waved at him while he played video games.

"Hi Markie."

I smiled and walked into John's room, shutting the door behind me. He put my bag down by the wall and laid on his bed.

"Exhausted?" I smiled.

He groaned and I sat at the end of his bed by his feet. I felt him move on the bed and he sat next to me at the end.

"You okay?"

"I'll be fine," I played with my hands while he looked at me.

He took my chin and made me look at him, "Are you okay?" He asked again.

I sighed, "No." I shook my head.

He moved forward and brought his lips to my forehead. I relaxed a little at his touch and he moved back onto his bed, motioning for me to come. I sighed, crawling up next to him and laid my head on the pillow. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer as we cuddled and soon fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
the title of the chapters are just going to be the days that i post themm.

comment? what'd you think of the first chapter?

RIP Mitch Lucker❤