Kingdom Hearts: Those Left Behind

Chapter Seven: The Storm

The once cerulean sky was now dark and dreary, veiled behind a very thick blanket of dark-grey storm clouds that rolled across the sky, stretching on for miles. They grumbled and roared with the sound of thunder, flashes of bright light illuminating the dark sky above, if only for a brief, fleeting moment. The wind was fierce, howling as it stirred up the ocean to a frenzy, tossing the S.S. Liki as though it were a toy in a bathtub riding the waves. “Oh, this is bad. This is real bad, ya’?” Said Wakka, a worried expression on his face as he looked up at the dark clouds above. “Guys, I’m scared.” Said Selphie as held her notebook to her chest as tightly as she could. “What do we do?” Asked Lulu, looking down at Moggie, cradling it in her arms. “”I don’t know.” Said Tidus grimly. “I guess all we can do is just hope it doesn’t get any worse.”

As if on cue, the four of them felt tiny little raindrops on their skin. Before long, it began to sprinkle just as the wind started to pick up. “Me and my big mouth.” Groaned Tidus. “No matter what happens, we’ll stick together, ya’?” Said Wakka. “That’s right.” Answered Tidus. “We all made a promise to stay together, to always be there for one another, no matter what!”

“But what if we don’t make it?” Asked Selphie.

“Well then, at least we can say we tried…”

Then, there was a sudden flash of light, followed by a loud, deafening “CRASH!” “Uh oh, here it comes ya’?” Warned Wakka. “Been nice knowin’ ya’ bruddah’!” They all looked up in horror as a huge wave began to form in the distance. It was absolutely massive! And the worst part was that this massive wall of water was heading their way, casting its monster-sized shadow over their puny little raft. The sound of thunder was more frequent now and it was raining heavily. Lulu began to speak, trying to yell over the loud, frightening cacophony of noise that surrounded them, “I-I know we haven’t known each other for very long, but I just want to say, “thank you”, for being my friends. I just wish it lasted a little longer!” She would cry out over the storm.

“WHAT!?” Shouted Tidus.

Lulu took in a deep breath before saying yet again, “I said…”

“Guys!” Shouted Selphie. “Here it comes!”

“WHAT!?” Shouted Tidus again. “I can’t hear any of you!”

They all looked up, the massive tidal wave just overhead, it roaring as it finally came down. They all screamed as the wave –slammed- into the S.S. Liki –hard-, smashing it to pieces with little effort. The four of them were tossed off the raft and fell into the raging ocean as the wave then stirred up the water, the ocean soon forming a raging whirlpool which spun rapidly. There was another flash of light, a lightning bolt tearing the sky wide open before striking the very center of the whirlpool with a “CRACK!” This was then followed by a loud “BOOM!” That shook the heavens. Tidus and his friends soon found themselves being tossed about by the raging whirlpool. They all screamed and shouted, their cries silenced by the raging, unrelenting storm. Their eyes were filled with unimaginable horror as they were being dragged down into the very center of the whirlpool by the ocean.

Then, there was only utter blackness as the four of them were swallowed up by the ocean along with the pieces of the S.S. Liki.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. I swear I didn't plan on it being so short. No, don't worry, I'm not slacking off, don't you worry.

As always, comments and criticisms are appreciated.