Athena

001

Athena stood at the edge of the clouded shrine which she lived, her heart ached as she peered down upon the mortals fighting for their lives. Her soft delicate hands gripped her spear as she turned her head at the murderous acts. Perched on her shoulder was her sacred symbol; he cooed as her sharp blue eyes surveyed the world below her.

She turned swiftly and walked into the spacious ruins of her home, her soft and quick steps were barely audible as she came across the God she looked for. "Father, they're dying out there." Her slender arm and hand pointed down below their heavenly hearth.

Zeus turned quickly and sharply, "We must have faith, Athena." His voice echoed as he approached the favorable Godess, "The mortals will and have proven their strength-"

"-Strength?" She pointed downward, "They do not posess strength." She straightened her posture, "We have strength, Zeus." She covered her eyes, "We have sat idly as they face the treacherous battles on their own." Athena glided across the marble floor and shedded a tear, "How can they survive when the Gods don't answer their prayers?"

Zeus's eyes flashed with anger and disappointment and Athena knew better than to test the actions of his requests, "Listen to me clearly, Athena," His lips quivered, "Those mortals look up to their own Gods, it's been decades and decades since our names have been mentioned. What mortal have you hear praying to us-"

She angrily turned around to face the ruler, "-Just yesterday, I heard a young beautiful woman pray for the life of her newborn child." Her delicate shoulders shook with anger, "We all heard it, Zeus. She prayed to you." Her mouth quivered as she stared into the eyes of her father , "We all watched as you did absolutely nothing, father. We waited for you to make the decision and help her." Her chest rose as the last words sank in her heart, "We all watched a beautiful newborn die in the arms of his mother."

Zeus straightened up and held tightly on the waist of his robe, "That is enough!" His shout shook the ruins, "We do not speak of this again, Athena. I do not wish to hear your pleas and cries about those damned mortals." He turned his back on his daughter and shouted once more, "Leave me at once!
♠ ♠ ♠
Testing the waters.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please. :)
(edited)