Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Prologue

Every thought of my best friend had dissipated from my mind and the curly-haired boy invaded my every thought without warning. It was as if my best friend from Florida never even existed and he was just a figment of my imagination. It was as if my mind was telling me to forget everything I have ever known, my morals, my life back home and just be with this boy: the one I have known to be the one I couldn’t live without. I didn’t know what I had gotten myself into. There I was, standing in front of the green-eyed boy I have fallen in love with, trying to tell him every emotion I was possibly feeling at that exact moment: fear, love, confusion, nervousness. My attempt was failing miserably. He intimidated me with his intense stare; he made it hard to say what I wanted needed to say. I have only known him for three months and I couldn’t get him out of my thoughts. His unruly curls flipped around carelessly in the wind and his long sleeved shirt clutched tightly onto his body, making his muscles more evident.

His face was graced with a small smile and his dimples appeared, but it was barely evident in the dark forest where the only light was the dim moonlight that was shining through the trees. “What are you thinking about?” He asked in a slow, quiet voice. My wide eyes met his when he slid his lightly calloused fingers down my bare arm. I reverted my eyes to his lips and a small smirk slowly formed on his soft pink lips. His tongue darted over his lips to lick them and the blood rushed to my cheeks. I shrugged softly, dropping my eyes to his chest, admiring the way his shirt clung onto his body.

“Kaylin…” He whispered softly. I could barely hear it over the wind, but I looked up at him, my heart pounding in my chest by now. He slowly ran his hand down further my arm and to my hand, sliding his fingers in between mine. He leaned his body down to match his eyes with mine, looking into them with intensity. He was so close, my breathing became uneven and quick, and it was embarrassing. His hot breath fanned over my parted lips as he leaned in closer, keeping his light green eyes on my bright blue eyes.

My eyes fluttered closed, images of my best friend coming into my mind and I can hear his words chanting in my brain over and over again as the curly-haired boy’s lips touched mine.

“Don’t fall in love with anyone else, please.
Don’t fall in love with anyone else, please.
Don’t fall in love with anyone else…”