Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Chapter Four

“Oh my god, this is so cute! You have to try it on!” Eleanor exclaimed from the other side of the rack. I looked up at her holding up an oversized sheer blue button up long-sleeved shirt. I scrunched my nose up and shook my head. “Why not? Blue looks good on you, makes your eyes pop.” I laughed and held up a high-waisted pair of blue skinny jeans and she smiled. “Those are adorable!” She looked around for a minute before pulling out a black sleeveless blouse.

“Yes, now you’re talking,” I said happily, taking it from her. She laughed and pulled out a dress looking at it.

“So… You and Harry?” My head shot up quickly.

“What?”

“Oh, you knew you two cooking dinner the other night… I noticed you two were getting real snuggly.” My cheeks turned a bright pink and I looked down, focusing my eyes on a shirt.

“We were just cooking dinner, that’s all.” She giggled.

“Right, and I was just laying in my bed with Louis last night,” she laughed as my eyes widened.

“Ugh, I do not need to hear that Eleanor. We’re just friends, Harry and I. I wouldn’t even call us friends since we just met that day.”

“Day? Did you meet him before dinner?” She asked, walking around the circle rack to me.

“Well, no not really. I just saw them performing on the street that afternoon before we had dinner. He, uh, he noticed me because I had pushed my way through the front,” I said, with a small smile playing on my lips. “He was being kind of creepy and staring at me. He winked at me when I left.” My cheeks tinted a light pink.

“Aw, you fancy him!”

“What! No!” I defended myself, quickly. “I think he’s… Attractive, but he’s too creepy… He’s not my type.”

“Type? Come on, really? Who has a type? I thought I had a type till I fancied Louis. Now, he’s my type. But, trust me when I say Harry’s not always so cheeky. He can be a real gent sometimes. Sure, when he’s around the other lads, he gets a little… Dingy but he really is a sweetheart. He’s just a young one and he’ll grow up eventually,” she told me. “Besides, I think he fancies you too. I could tell by the way he was acting around you. He normally doesn’t go for girls like you but you must interest him somehow.”
“What kind of girls does he normally go for?” I questioned softly.

“Old, saggy women,” she said, repulsively. I busted out laughing and her face broke out with a smile, laughing herself. “Maybe you could change that, wouldn’t be a bad thing.”

“Wait, I never even said I liked him so don’t think too far in the future yet, Miss. We’re just… Acquaintances.” She laughed.

“Okay, Kaylin, whatever you say.”

* * *

“You going to adore the boys, they’re so much fun to be around. They’ll brighten up your day any day,” Eleanor gushed, pulling me down the hall to Louis and Harry’s apartment. “I can’t promise it’ll be clean, by the way.”

“Do they even know we’re coming?”

“No, I forgot to tell them… It’ll be fine, though. Louis comes over unannounced all the time and today is the ‘group day’ where they all get together and hang out at Louis and Harry’s flat.” I sighed as she pulled out a key, unlocking the door. She threw the door open and walked in, throwing her hands up in the air. “Honey, I’m home!” I laughed and walked in right behind her.

“Eleanor!” Louis screamed, running over to her and giving her a sloppy kiss on the lips. “I missed you!”

“You saw her like three hours ago, Louis,” I said, looking at him. He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Fine, well you’re not getting a hug from me.”

“Who said I ever even wanted one?” He playfully glared at me before lifting Eleanor up and throwing her over his shoulder. She screamed, hitting his back.

“Louis, put me down right now!” He ran to the couch and sat her down, plopping down next to her. She smacked his chest, “wanker.”

“Hey Lou–“ I heard a deep voice from the hallway and turned my head towards it. My eyes widened and I screeched, covering them.

“Oh my god, Harry! Put some damn trousers on!” Louis yelled. Harry busted out laughing and I heard his feet pad back down the hall again.

“Is it safe?” I peeked through my fingers at Louis and Eleanor who were laughing. Louis nodded.

“Yes, in fact I’m dressed properly now.” Harry said, walking out to the main room in just a pair of sweats. I looked at him and shook my head. “What? I like being naked, makes me feel… Liberated.” He grinned.

“You’re so strange, I swear.” I sat down on the couch next to Eleanor, Harry plopping down next to me and laying his arm along the back of the couch, behind me.

“The boys should be here soon, Liam was just at Danielle’s so he a little bit caught up at the moment,” Louis said, wiggling his eyebrows. “Niall and Zayn went out to get some food for all of us.” I nodded and sat back, my head resting against Harry’s arm.

“So, love,” he said softly into my ear. “When are we going to be able to get to know each other?” His voice sounded a little raspy when he whispered into my ear, making me blush slightly. I turned my head, his face being extremely close, his eyes filled with amusement. My breathing hitched and I suddenly felt nervous. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and I could’ve sworn he could too.

“I uh, I d–don’t know,” I said quietly, almost coming out as a squeak. He had a small smile on his lips, his eyes flickering to my lips and back to my eyes. I bit my bottom lip involuntarily before turning to face forward.

“You know, I just feel like we would get on so well.” He put his hand that resting on the couch, on my shoulder, squeezing me into his side. “We’d be best mates for sure.” I laughed weakly, trying to ignore the fact that his bare chest was touching my arm.

“Well, uh… What’s your favorite band?” I asked quietly, looking back at Harry as he chuckled softly. I mentally slapped myself in the head, what’s your favorite band? Really, Kaylin?

“Hmm… Well, I’m a big fan of Coldplay. They’re really good.”

“Really? Me too, they’re my favorite but the Beatles are my all-time favorite. I grew up listening to them with my dad.” His eyebrows raised as his lips formed a grin.

“Me too! Beatles, they’re like my idols.” I laughed and nodded. “Why are you coming to London for school?”

“Um, well they have an amazing veterinary program at the university and I’ve always wanted a change of scenery. Florida is very… Boring when you’ve lived there your whole life,” I said, truthfully.

“Really? I thought it was absolutely fantastic when I went there last year. But I guess I understand what you’re saying.” I nodded. “So, a veterinarian. I love animals, but I could never have a profession in taking care of animals.”

“Yeah, well I grew up with dogs my whole life and it wasn’t until the middle of my sophomore year of high school that I knew I wanted to be a veterinarian. It was when my mom and dad got me a new puppy.” I said, laughing quietly. He smiled a real smile, not one of those ones with a bit of mischief in his eyes or the cocky little smirk he got. It was a real, genuine smile.

“I’ve always wanted to be a physiotherapist but that changed when I made the X-Factor, obviously.” He lifted his arm up off the couch and rested his hand in his lap.

“Oh, that’s awesome.” I looked at him for a moment, blushing a little when his face broke out into a small smile. He shook his curls and brushed them to one side. He has amazing hair and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t do anything to it. Lucky bastard.

“What?” He muttered, softly looking into my eyes. I just shrugged.

“I don’t know, I was just wondering what’s up with the curls.” A small laugh escaped through his full pink lips.

“Oh, I don’t know. I just started growing my hair out when I was on X-Factor and I really want to get rid of them but no one will really let me shave my head. I don’t understand why because, like, I think my popularity is more my face than my hair.”

“Well, who cares what everyone else thinks? It’s your hair, you should do what you want.” He smiled softly at me.

“It’s not that easy. I wish it was.”

“Well, I think you’d be cute with a shaved head…” I slowed down as I ended the sentence, my face burning from blushing and my eyes looking at everything but his face. “I mean, you would look g-good and you would p-probably l-look older as well.”

“Well, thank you for such kind words, love.” He kept his eyes on me even though I was looking away by now. There was definitely a smirk on his face.

“So when are the guys going to be here?” I asked, changing the subject completely and adding Louis and Eleanor into the conversation. In as if on cue, a tall brown haired boy came busting through the door with a short, adorable blonde boy and the tall beautiful boy from the other day, following behind him.

“Sorry we’re late, we got caught up at the restaurant,” the brown haired boy said, glaring at the blonde one.

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault the lady couldn’t understand me accent.”

“Well, you shouldn’t have played it up more and then we could’ve been out of there earlier,” he stated, looking at me. “Well, who’s this lovely little lass here?” My cheeks flushed red and I looked to ground.

“Oh, this Kaylin, she’s my new flatmate,” Eleanor said, introducing me. “She’s an American. Kaylin,” I looked up when she said my name, “that’s Liam, Niall, and Zayn,” she introduced, pointing to each one. They all waved.

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you!” Liam gushed as he sat down on the other couch, Zayn sitting next to him.

“You too,” I said softly with a small smile.

“Ooo, American accent… That’s hot!” Niall exclaimed before sitting down on the floor, sitting back against Zayn’s legs. I blushed. What’s up with these boys and making me blush all the time? I didn’t like it.

“Oh, leave the poor gal alone, mates,” Zayn said, smacking the back of Niall’s head, who protested with a ‘hey’. “It’s nice to meet you.” I smiled gratefully and nodded.

Liam stood and put the food he was holding on the counter, Niall, Louis, Zayn, and Harry following him. I looked over at Eleanor and she smiled. “So what movie are we going to watch, boys?” She asked, walking over to the collection of DVDs.

“Grease!” Louis called from the kitchen. I laughed when all the other boys groaned and yelled at the same time, “NO!

“Oh! Let’s watch Bridesmaids!” Eleanor exclaimed, picking up the DVD.

“What?! No! OW!” Harry screamed. There was a pause and some harsh whispering. “Fine,” Harry muttered, walking out of the kitchen rubbing his arm while juggling his food in the other. “We can watch it.” The other boys walked out with their food and nodded in agreement. Harry sat back down next to me, looking down at me with a small pout. He pointed to his arm, “can you kiss it better?” He asked, quietly.

What? No, I’m not doing that, Harry. You’re fine,” I said quickly and crossing my arms and holding back laughter. He pouted before sitting back against the cushion and laid his head on my shoulder, well attempted to. It didn’t work out very well considering he was at least four inches taller than I am. He sighed, dramatically and sat up, shoving a spoonful of rice in his mouth. Eleanor started the movie and we all settled in, watching the movie and the boys continued to eat their food.

After Harry finished his dinner, he set it on the small table next to the couch and put his arm along the back of the couch, behind me. As the movie went on, he somehow ended up closer to me then before. His leg was touching mine and his bare side pressed against my arm. I could no longer focus on the movie, but on the heat from his body coursing through my blood. I sighed softly and he looked at me before leaning in and whispering in my ear, “are you okay?” I nodded with a small smile. He smiled and looked back at the television, watching the movie. My eyes roamed over his smooth facial features and down to his chest. He was flawless in his own way. I noticed two dark spots on his chest and when I realized what they were, my lips turned up into a small smile. He has four nipples; how unusual is that? I lifted my eyes back to his face and widened a little when he was looking back at me. He had a small grin on his face and leaned back down to whisper in my ear, “what are you looking at?”

“You have four nipples!” I whispered in his ear with a smile. He nodded with a small chuckle before pulling me into his side and leaned down again.

“I think I must have been a twin but the other went away and left his nipples behind,” he whispered into my ear. I covered my mouth as I snorted out a giggle, everyone’s head turning towards us. Harry laughed and turned his head back to the movie. Everyone, except Eleanor, turned their heads back to the movie. She raised her eyebrows at me and I just shook my head with a smile. She laughed silently and turned back to the movie.

It was strange how even though I do get a little nervous around Harry, it seemed natural for us to be sitting here. More natural than Max and I have ever been. Whenever I was around Max, it was just awkward and uncomfortable. He always tried to put moves on me but I’ve always shot them down. It wasn’t like that with Harry and I’ve only known him for a total of five days; it’s like I’ve known him since I was a kid. I mean I’ve seen way more of him than I have any other boy, more than I wanted.

I looked over at him one more time before finally sitting back against his chest, feeling his arm tighten on my shoulders. I could get use to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too happy with this chapter, it's kind of one of those "main characters get to know each other" chapters that no one ever likes. But anyway, you all are like really awesome because when I got home from work last night, I had 22 subscribers and I got really excited.

Image

I should start writing the next chapter tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it'll be out by tomorrow night, if not, definitely the day after :)

I saw this and I just wanted to post it on here:

Image

Anywayyyyy, thank you for the comments on the last two chapters!

ShawnieRiot
mistery gurl
unbroken13

I'm so happy to hear you still all love my story :) I hope I don't disappoint anyone with this lame chapter -_-