Status: Don't let me leave it unfinished! I'm really stoked about this story and I've spent the last few days writing like crazy. (:

Oh Love

Whole Lotta You

Alex and I were sitting at the top of a hill in the middle of a field. His arms wrapped around me and the blanket from his trunk wrapped around both of us. I didn’t remember how we got there, being as I fell asleep on the way there. I was glad I had worn something warm. After two years of living in Baltimore I still wasn’t used to the winters. Or the summers. I’d never been anywhere where there were real seasons. But Alex was warm. And I didn’t mind being wrapped in his arms. I felt safe and completely comfortable.

“Alex, what are we even doing here?” I laughed tangling my fingers in his.

“You said you wanted to see a sunrise. So why not see one from the best seat in Baltimore?”

I grinned at looked at him. “Seriously?”

He nodded. “Of course! That’s why it took so long to get here. It wasted a handful of hours.”

“How many?”

“About four.”

“Alex! You let me sleep through those hours.” I pouted.

He kissed my forehead and I leaned on his chest. “Don’t worry. I don’t always sleep and I know you do. This way you aren’t super cranky.”

“I am not cranky when I don’t get sleep.”

He laughed. “I don’t believe that for a second.”

“Fine.” I grumbled and he laughed again.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. We’ve got a few hours to kill.”

“Only like two. Calm down.”

“Sure.”

“Anyway.” He started. “Why haven’t you dated anyone in two years?”

I sighed. I should have expected that. “Everyone I’ve met lately has just been an asshole. I don’t know. Camilla takes me to all these bars and the guys there generally want all the same thing. It’s not like they even come up with original pick up lines.”

“But I did?” I heard his smiled and I just shook my head.

“I guess. I don’t know why you were different. You just were.”

“Aww. I feel special.”

I slapped his chest lightly. “Shut up.”

He pulled me closer and kissed my head again. “I’m kidding. I’m sorry they’ve all been assholes. I’m not.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. “Mmm. We’ll see.”

“Hey! I’m not. I’m flawless.”

I laughed. “Yeah, okay. Whatever you say Alex.”

We sat there talking and joking around while we waited for the sunrise. I was surprised at how easy it was to be myself around him. And how comfortable he made me feel. I hadn’t felt that way in a long time.

Suddenly, Alex stood and held his hand out for me to take. I joined him in standing and before I could even ask what was going on I could see the colors of the sky changing. He slide his arm around my waist and pulled me close as we watched the sun rise over the horizon.

And I had to admit. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Right next to the stars he had shown me when we met. The sky turned shades of orange and pink with hues of purple throughout. I’d watched sunrises from the west coast and they were nothing compared to this.

“Wow.” I said.

“I know.”

We watched the sun until it had come above the horizon all the while the sky changing in color. It was probably something I’d never forget.

---

“You can go back to sleep.” He said. “It’s going to be a few hours.”

I shook my head (which was resting on his shoulder as we drove back). “Nope. I like this. Besides, I need to keep you awake so we don’t get in an accident and die.”

“Mmm. I see.”

I curled up against him as best I could given the fact that we were in the car. My left arm was linked with his right and our fingers tangled together. My head was resting on his shoulder and I wanted nothing more than to be able to capture this moment. Everything about it was perfect. He was perfect.

The radio hummed quietly through the car as we made our way back to civilization and food. I thought about how Camilla and Timothy were going to be meeting him in just a few hours and I should have been nervous. But I was too content to care at the moment. And before I could stop myself I let the sound of the music and the rumble of the car rock me to sleep.

---

I felt a shaking and groaned. I knew it was too early to be functional and someone was forcing it upon me. I heard a laugh and a few more shakes. I sighed and forced my eyes open, realizing I had fallen asleep even though I had told Alex I wouldn’t.

“Morning. I’ve got coffee.” He grinned and I could hardly say no to that.

“Perfect.” I smiled and took the coffee. “What time is it?”

“A little after nine. I figured we could hang out for a little bit in the car. So you can wake up.” He grinned. “Then we’ll pick up breakfast for everyone and head back to your apartment.”

I sipped my coffee. “Mmm. Sounds perfect to me. How did you know what I liked?”

“Lucky guess. I had a feeling you liked something sweet in your coffee.”

“Good guess. This is absolutely perfect.”

“Good.” He grinned.

“Why did you let me sleep again? I told you I would stay awake.”

“I know. And I tried. But you looked peaceful sleeping and I really didn’t have the heart to wake you. Besides, it’s not a big deal. We made it here alive, didn’t we?”

I sighed. “I guess so. But next time, keep me awake for company or something.”

He smiled. “Deal.”

We sat with the radio on and drank our coffee in comfortable silence. Eventually he forced me out of the car so we could get breakfast (he decided donuts and coffee was a perfectly suitable breakfast, and I couldn’t argue). He held my hand all the way there and I couldn’t keep the smile from my face.

Just before we got to the donut shop he pulled me off to the side and pushed me up against the building wall. I gave him a questioning look but he just trailed his fingers down my side and across my stomach before he pressed his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Tuesday! And I'm posting this a little early because I have an insane amount of homework and I'm kind of avoiding it. Anyway.

Read, comment, subscribe, give me love?
I wanna thank everyone who has subscribed or read or even commented. I love you all. <3
Title credit goes to A Rocket To The Mood in honor of their new EP dropping today. (:
Enjoy!