Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

That's what I go to school for.

Gerard's POV

It has been two weeks since Mikey was released from hospital and exactly two weeks since I had become Frank's boyfriend. It still hasn't caught up with me that I'm with this amazing man, such a sweet caring person who I get to see every day! When we first left our home, I was so scared that everything would be the same as it was before. I was bullied because I was confident of my sexuality and I didn't hide it- why would I want to hide it anyway? So it was a dream come true when I met Frank, became friends and then boyfriends with him. How could I, Gerard Way, get a boy as hot, cute and amazing as Frank Iero?

It was only after the first week of mine and Frank's relationship that I started to remember something else: I had to go to a new school. Sure I would know Mikey and Frank but who else? No one. What if most of the people at the new school would be just as judgmental and mean as the ones in my old school, I wouldn't be able to handle it. I know I sound like every other teenager out there, but the people in school put me through hell. There were times I couldn't handle it and I thought I was going to give up. I didn't want to go through that again.
I couldn't do that to Frankie, Mom, Dad and Mikey. Especially everything that has happened recently with Mikes. He couldn't see me become weak when he needs me the most.

I heard a knock on the front door and rushed down stairs to see Frankie looking as cute as ever pulling on his long tie. I told him to come in while I went to put my blazer on then rushing back down to the smiling face of my boyfriend. I pulled him into my arms and kissed the tip of his nose lightly.

"Hey you," I smiled down at him.
"Hey," he giggled as he reached up on his tiptoes to kiss my lips softly. "You nervous?"

I nodded slightly, of course I wasn't going to tell him how petrified I was. He grabbed my hand and started heading towards the door while I just managed to shout a "Goodbye!" to my mom. I looked into my car to see Mikey already there, bobbing his head to the music playing in his head.

On the drive to school I had Frank directing me while all of us were having a cigarette, me and Mikey to calm our nerves, Frank because he just wanted it. We were slowly approaching the school when I grabbed Frank's hand in mine again giving him a look to clearly show I was worried. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and a peck on the cheek.
"Don't worry baby. Hopefully we'll be in the same classes and you'll be fine. You'll also get to meet my friends. Don't worry I'm not that much of a loner," he giggled.
I sighed as I got out of the car, worrying if Frankie was comfortable to 'be with me' in school but he answered my non spoken question when he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me in close.

Frank directed me and Mikey to the main office where we will receive our timetables and information about everything else we would need to know. As the bell rung, Frank reached on his tiptoes capturing his lips in mine and smiled while walking off.
A stumpy women frowned at me but didn't say anything when she looked at the letters we gave her. She silently passed us our information and shooed us away quickly. I was left wondering around the school for a bit. Not many people noticed me as everyone was rushing to get to their classes in time. I looked down at my time table and saw I had maths. I started counting down the numbers on the door nearing closer and closer to room 306.
Fuck, I hate math but as I entered the room I saw the one thing that could change my mind about this class. Frank was sitting to his back to me and he had an empty seat next to him! I couldn't believe my luck.

I walked over to the teacher's desk and told her who I was. She just ushered me away after she ticked me off, indicating I could sit anywhere. As I turned around I caught my boyfriend's eyes looking directly at me with so much happiness. I smiled at him as I walked over to the seat next to him. I could hear people whispering about me.
"We have a new guy?"
"What's with the fucked up hair?"
"Man he's hot." That one made me slightly giggle. I'm sure their boyfriend's wouldn't appreciate that comment. I didn't really care though. I didn't care about any of the comments because as I walked past all these people muttering either insults or compliments, I was looking at my beautiful boyfriend.

"Hey, so I'm guessing you're new here," Frankie whispered in my ear as I sat down.
"What do you think? I was so lost here, can you help me around?" I replied carrying on with his joke.
Frank's eyes gave my face a look over as his smile widened; he looked to the side to see a big blonde guy looking at how close we were. Frank grabbed my face between his hands and gave me a full on kiss. It was possessive, as if to say "back off bitch, he's mine" but also a "yeah we're together, and so fucking what?"

When pulled away, everyone in the class was looking at us.