I'd Give Up Forever to Touch You

Epilogue

5 years later.

It was a beautiful spring day in May. The sun slowly started to rise. Samara woke up next to her handsome husband Jaehwa. She back hugged him and placed some butterfly kisses in his neck. He groaned a little. She decided to let him sleep for a while and to surprise him with breakfast. It was his day off, and he deserved it. He had worked hard these days till late in the night. He had his own record label. He cared a lot about his artists.

Samara played with the ring on her finger. Life was good. She had met her husband 1,5 year ago in a small coffee corner. They clicked perfectly and all though there was a big age gap between them it didn’t take long for her to decide that she wanted to marry this guy. She was home at last.

Her mother didn’t stay very long in South Korea as expected. But Samara fell in love with the people and the culture, and decided it was time to stand up for herself. She rented a small apartment and started a job at an electronic factory.

Then she met Jaehwa. Her crappy apartment was traded for a penthouse and she didn’t had to work anymore. She did some voluntary work to keep herself busy though. Jaehwa was her lucky charm.
He also was a good listener. She told him about growing up without a dad, about moving all the time, about her mom and even about Alec. He was always there to comfort her. All she wanted was to spend the rest of her life with this gorgeous man.

She never forgot about Alec though. In fact, she thought about him on a regular base. She missed him dearly and wondered how he was doing.

Until today.

In the mail there was a little card from the USA addressed to her. She was curious and wondered what it could be. The only person who it could be from was her mom and they lost touch years ago.
She opened the envelope to see what was on the card. It was the worst news she had received in years.

Alec had died.

Samara cried. He was too young to die. At this age , no one deserved to die. All she hoped was that he spend his last years doing what he loved the most: making music.

She found out he did. She and her husband went back to the USA to attend the funeral. They were welcomed with open arms by Alecs’ parents.

Turned out Alec neither forgot about Samara. In fact he left her his favorite guitar and all the music he worked on these last years.

Jaewha kissed his wife and whispered in her ear that he would bring out his music in memory of him.

And he did, and what no one could ever dream of did happen. Alec became a hero worldwide. A legend in the music world who (as most legends) died too young.

When the ceremony ended everyone made their way to the cemetery. For a moment Samara was alone with Alec’s body. He still was as handsome as he always had been but skinny, too skinny. Skin over bones.

Samara said those three little words for the last time to him: “I love you.”

Her book was still open but chapter Alec was really finished now. For good.