Status: In Progress

Love or Lust

With your eyes closed

Their lips moved in sync perfectly, his fingertips gently touching her exposed hip bones while she straddled his waist. A moan escaped his lips as she began to trail kisses from his jawline down to his lower stomach in a teasing manner. Before she could make another move, he flipped them over so he was now on top of her. He settled himself in-between her legs while she wrapped her legs around his torso pulling him closer, grinding her hips against his…

“Hazel Marie DeLancey!” a voice screeched “get your lazy ass out of bed”

Hazel groaned as she covered her pounding head with pillow, an attempt to numb the pain and block out the noise around her. Light quickly filled her bedroom as the blinds were opened, she would not be going back to sleep now. Rubbing her eyes, she slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position, making sure the sheet didn’t slip past her bare chest. She was met with the face of her rather cheerful roommate Victoria Moore or Tori as she preferred, who sat crossed legged at the end of her bed.

“I was having a good dream” Hazel yawned, stretching slightly “what time is it?”

“Almost 11” Tori said taking a sip of her steaming coffee “there’s a message from your dad on your phone”

Hazel untangled herself from the sheets, wrapping the top one around her body, and grabbed her phone from the Chanel handbag on the ground.

Richard will pick you up at midday, have a safe flight and give my best wishes to your mother
- Dad


Hazel sighed in frustration at her phone and threw her phone on the bed. It had been so long since she’d had a proper conversation with her dad. Their relationship had faltered and wasn’t the same as it had been in the past, she barely even saw him these days aside from the odd charity gala or high class society function.

“Looks like you had a good night” Tori gestured to the items of clothing scattered around the room “I saw him leaving early this morning, he was fairly nice on the eyes and had a cute ass too”

The two friends had joined in the festivities of the college students as they celebrated the end of classes and the beginning of their winter break. Taking to the streets, they found the nearest club and partied until the early hours. Having little recollection of the events, Hazel must have picked up the guy at the club and invited him back to the apartment as things got more intense. One night stands were a regular occurrence for Hazel DeLancey.

“I’m going to take a shower”

The rush of the warm water ran down Hazel’s body, relaxing her muscles and washing away the events of the previous night down the drain. Once ready, she ventured out into the main living area to find Tori perched up on the bench flipping through the latest issue of Vogue magazine.

“Two and half months of no classes” Tori began “tell me how much you’re going to miss me?”

The first time Hazel met Tori was on their orientation day at Julliard where she had been accepted for dance, while Tori was studying drama. The two had collided in the crowded hallway and instantly bonded over their love for fashion once they realised they were both wearing the same shirt. Since then they’d moved in to an apartment owned by Hazel’s father. With her perfectly kept brunette hair and eyes to match, Tori was the kind of girl that everyone wanted to be friends with. Much like Hazel, she was a loud and outspoken girl that scared away guys with her confidence.

“Too much for words”

“That’s what I like to hear” Tori pulled her friend into a hug “now go show them Arizona boys how it’s done”

Pulling her scarf close around her neck, Hazel stepped out into the icy weather so well known to the city. She rolled her eyes as she spotted the black limo waiting on the street with the familiar driver leaning against the passenger seat door. Of course her dad would send a limo; it was his way of showing his daughter how much he really cared about her.

“Good morning Hazel” Richard greeted taking her bags from her cold hands and placing them gently in the trunk

“Hey Richard” Hazel smiled politely at the man who had driven her around the city since she moved to it, he’d become a slight father figure to her since her real one was barely around. “To J.F.K thanks”

Richard kept the conversation to a minimal as they drove to the airport, sensing that Hazel wasn’t in the talkative mood. With her sunglasses shielding her eyes, she stared out the window at the city that never sleeps.

Hazel DeLancey was never a nervous person no matter what she did, but today as she boarded the plane for a place she once called home she felt the nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had no idea what to expect.
♠ ♠ ♠
(for this chapter and the next)

so for the first few chapters it's just introducing Hazel and the scene of this story. I promise we'll see an appearance of someone from her past soon.