We Come Out at Night

Just Like Boners.

Trillian’s POV

I walked around the house aimlessly. It was so dark in this house. All the windows were covered by thick, black velvet curtains. I was sure the bushes outside the windows wouldn’t let much sunlight filter through, but these vamps weren’t taking a chance.

It was kind of weird, though. My eyes adjusted very quickly. So fast that I jumped at the sudden clarity.

I looked down at Onyx and I could see the laughter in her unique eyes.

“Its not funny.” I told her. She made a huffing sound that was clearly an argument. I stuck my tongue out at her and made a defying childish sound.

Onyx shook her head and turned to start walking to the kitchen.

“No, wait! Come back!” I yelled quietly and followed her. Then she picked up the pace. “Yeah, that’s right! Run from the crazy lady!” No wonder animals hated me.

I got to the kitchen where Onyx was waiting. She looked at me expectantly.

“What?” I asked. She continued to stare. “What do you want?” She stared a little more harder, like she was trying to telepathically send me a message. “Food?” I asked. She wagged her tail. “Uh…”

I walked to the freezer and opened it. I spotted a bloody bag. I picked it up cautiously and dropped it on the counter. I stared at it for a moment. I really didn’t want to open it. I remembered how Brian had freaked out over the smell of blood. And he was like, a vampire for how long? Then here’s me, the newbie vamp.

I didn’t think I’d stand a chance.

Onyx then growled impatiently.

“What?! I’m trying to use my telekinesis!” I exclaimed. She nudged my leg, nearly knocking me over. “Fine.” I grumbled.

I sucked in a breathe and opened the bag. I immediately thought of how a dumb, stupid idiot I was… I could’ve at least have held my breathe, or something.

But I didn’t and the tangy scent of blood hit me. Hard.

“Ouch!” I gasped. My hand went to my mouth to touch the wound my new, sharp teeth had made. “Well, this sucks.” I said, my hand to my mouth.

“It does, at first. Just like boners.”

I turned to see Matt in the doorway.

“I-um.. Hi?” I said through my hand.

Matt sighed. “I already know. Brian bit you.” He came over to me and took the open bag from my hands and began to operate Onyx’s meal for me.

“How do you know?” I asked, feeling very embarrassed. I mean, I didn’t even know that Brian had bitten me, because we were well… distracted. Did they hear it?

Matt laughed. “Jimmy sorta freaked out. He woke me up and told me Brian had bitten you. Don’t ask me how he knows.. He just does, I guess. Yeah, and we all know you’re his sister now, too.”

What?!” Okay, since when did THAT happen?

“Uh-oh. You don’t know?” Matt asked looking down at me a bit worried. Perhaps for his well-being. I felt like I was gonna kill somebody.

“Where’s Jimmy, anyway?” I asked, my voice was low now, sounding a lot darker than I ever had heard it.

“He’s.. I actually don’t know. He ran off right before sunrise this morning. I thought he was being insane, but, I realized it was Jimmy I was talking about.” Matt said and gave Onyx her steak.

I felt like my stomach had dropped to the ground.

Jimmy? My BROTHER?!

Right then the most random thing in the world happened.

Some one knocked on the door.

Matt looked taken aback. “I can’t answer that.” He told me, staring at the white wood, like he could use x-ray vision or something to see the intruder on the other side, but how would I know? He was a vampire.

Knowing our luck, it was the mailman or a pizza delivery guy with the wrong address.

I opened the door while Matt tried his best to get away from the sun rays, and still see the figure in the door.

Black daimonds glittered in the sky, completely blocking the sun. Gold was lighting up the person’s skin and the green haze of the eyes sent glares to the surface of everything around them. Black wings unfolded as they reached for me.

I tried to yell as the arms wrapped around me and I tried to pull away. I heard Matt yell something in the back ground as I was lifted up, up, and away.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahg!
>< so short, i'm sorry.
but it is an update!
thats good, right?