Status: Working on it :]

Men in This Town

Ch. 5: Decode

I had no clue how I got here, but the house that I looked at seemed so familiar. I looked around me while I heard and saw nothing. It was bright out and I could see the house more clearly as I have before, but from where?

My feet were acting on their own; they initially started to move closer towards the porch of the burnt house. Why was I here alone with temptations of entering the wrecked abandon house? I stepped on one step after another until I was walking towards the familiar beaten up door.

Without thinking that the house could possibly collapse on me I subconsciously reached for the worn out bronze door knob. Just inches away and my heart suddenly racing I began to hesitate. Before my hand could reach for it the sound of a deep brooding voice had interrupted me. “You’re not supposed to be here.”

I retracted my hand to my side and turned around to see none other than Derek Hale out in the open. Stiles and Scott warned me to stay away from him because they think he’s dangerous. I think he’s just putting up a front and I’m not scared, well maybe just a little, but that’s beside the point. “Did you hear me or are you deaf?” he interjected in a brutish manner towards me.

“Asshole,” I grumbled under my breath. Ignoring his crude comment I walked back down the small creaking steps without even any acknowledgement from me. I began making my way towards the woods to head back to my probably empty house.

“Hey!” He called as he grabbed my wrist firmly.

“What, you jerk!” I snapped as I turned myself to face the tall brooding man. He looked astounded at my reaction as if no one ever spoke to him that way.

“Here,” he said releasing my wrist and extending his other hand and placing the gold chained object in the palm of my hand. Clueless I looked at it and smiled. It was my necklace and as I was about to thank him, he was gone. Weird.

Today was the day of Jackson’s party and pretty much the whole school is invited. I really need to hurry home and get ready. I put the necklace on and made sure the clasps was secure before I booked it out of the woods.

“What do you mean Derek came up to you?” Scott said loudly aggravated from his room as I got dressed up. “I thought I told you to stay away from him.”

“You’re not my dad, so quit telling me what to do,” I snapped opening the bathroom door.

“Ah gross, put some pants on,” he said blocking his face from seeing me in a towel.

“Shut up.”

“Well, I’m just trying to protect you,” he said in his defense.

“I’m not 9. I’m capable of taking care of myself,” I said walking back to my room to get dressed.

“I get that, but you don’t know what he’s capable of,” he said. Well, Scott that’s because you judge before you know the whole story. He was being stubborn and there was no way I’d win. Behind those green orbs of Derek Hale, I could see he is alone and distressed. With my brother telling me not to speak or see him made me want to do just the opposite.

Ewwww, I sound like I’m in that stupid movie that Scott and Stiles took me to because they thought I was into it. What was it called? Twinkle? Twinkie? Twit? Well the main character was a twit. “Twilight!” I said out loud.

“What?”

“Nothing just talking to myself again.”

“You’re so weird.”

I got dressed in a short white body tube top. I then started to pull on my floral skirt with an attached belt. Walking over to the mirror that was nailed to the door I checked out my reflection. I was decently dressed not like those girls at school who’s shorts or skirts are too small. I knew what shoes to wear and what to do with my hair.

“Hey there girly,” I heard the motherly voice say. I spun around and smiled brightly.

“Mommy!” I blissfully called. I ran over to the tan woman with her hair tied up and embraced her in a big hug.

“Hey sweetie,” she greeted while she laughed at my childish act.

“How was work?”

“Exhausting as usual,” she said as I frowned. “So you and your brother are going out tonight?”

“Yeah, a friend’s house party.”

“I also heard he’s taking a girl that isn’t you,” She eyes as I nodded happily for him. “How is she?”

“She’s cool,” I said as I got to know her during the week. She’s actually fun when she isn’t focused on Scott to be honest.

“Really, well I got to talk to you and your brother,” she said as I followed behind her into his room.

“Mom, don’t you ever knock?” He almost squealed as if you were walking in on a girl getting dress. Sometimes I wonder if we were ever born in the right bodies.

“Well I gotta talk to you and your sister,” she said as I took a seat on the bed while he walked to his dresser with a towel wrapped tightly around his waist. “Heard you’re taking a girl to a party and I thought I should lend the car to you guys even though Aria has her own I thought you could use it.”

“Really?” He said overwhelmed.

“Yeah, just be careful,” she said as he nodded excitedly. “Just be sure to-“

“I know use protection,” he said as I let out an ‘eww’.

“I meant to say to keep the tank full,” she said as she had the same gross look as me. “Give me those keys.” She said.

“Ahh come on!” he laughed as we laughed too.

In the end mom let Scott have the car. There was a knock at the door. My mom was asleep so I answered it. It was Stiles and he was dressed in a grey plaid button up shirt while he had a white shirt underneath and dark blue jeans with sneakers.

“Wow, you look great, I meant beautiful, i-“

“Stop before you hurt yourself,” I said as he smiled. He didn’t need to make a comment, because it wasn’t a date this time. It was just two best friends going to a party.

I closed the door behind me and followed him to his jeep. “Check it out I got a new phone cover,” I told him as I showed my phone with the Batman symbol cover.

“Nice,” he said while we got in.

“Derek found my necklace,” I said fiddling with thing around my neck.

“Wait, he came to the house?” Stiles asked surprise. I still don’t get how he’s bad?

“No, I sorta came to him in a way,” I nervously said.

“After we told you not to?” He said a bit disappointed.

“Seriously you two sound like a gay couple that need to get off my back, because I’m not 9,” I snapped. “Plus, I don’t even know how I got there. It just felt all too familiar to me.”

“What do you mean?”

“The dream and that house,” I said more to myself.

“Okay you’re freaking me out,” He said as we were almost close to the house.

“Never mind, I was just there and he just showed up,” I said snapping back to reality since nothing was clicking.

“Okay, just as long as you’re safe.”

Stiles parked his jeep in an open spot near the house. It was quite big and nice. We got out of the jeep and followed behind some of the kids from school into the house.

“I’m gonna go look for Lydia,” Stiles said ditching me. I totally feel like a loser if Stiles would ditch me like that. I’m definitely not talking to him for a couple days or better yet I’m not taking him out for ice cream since it’s our routine. I sound jealous. Lame, what’s wrong with me today?

I walked through the crowded house towards the back where the music was getting louder. I looked around and saw Scott with Allison and I walked over to them. “Hey Romeo and Juliet,” I said jokingly.

“Hey Aria,” Allison said hugging me. “I thought you were coming here with Stiles?”

“I did, but he ditched me for Lydia,” I said as I didn’t care anymore.

“Dick move to do to my sister,” Scott said a bit annoyed.

“It’s alright, it don’t bother me, because I be playing it cool,” I said talking like I’m hip. It got both of them to laugh. While we talked I could see Jackson arguing with Lydia and storming off. “I’ll see you guys later, I’m gonna go get my mingle on.”

“Please don’t tell them you’re related to me,” Scott called out.

“Hahaha, you’re funny,” I said sarcastically as I made my way to the gate that led to the front when Stiles appeared in front of me. I wasn’t really in the mood to talk to him.

“Where you heading too?” he asks as he drank from his red cup that could be filled with alcohol. The party is just getting good,” while I already knew he was referring to Jackson and Lydia’s fight.

“To ditch you for Jackson,” I said walking past him and through the gate. I looked around for Jackson and saw him just leaning up against the side of his house. I walked over and leaned next to him. “Don’t you have a party to host?”

He looked up at me and smiled a little while he said, “Hey Aria.”

“Hey, what’s up,” I questioned being friendly.

“Nothing really, just getting some fresh air,” he told me as we began to walk.

“From Lydia?” I asked arching my brow.

“You saw that?” he asked annoyed.

“Pretty much the whole school.”

“I didn’t want to cause a scene, but she is just really a pain in the ass sometimes,” he told me.

“I know what you’re feeling.”

“Anyway what are you doing here with me? I thought you came with Stiles?” He said putting his hands in his pockets.

“He ditched me for another girl and because you looked like you needed someone to talk too even if you’re an ass sometimes,” I told him as I didn’t mention who that girl was since it was natural instincts for me to protect my friends.

“What a dick and thanks.”

“You’re not the only one who thinks so. Well I’m just being honest,” I said. “Or would you rather me lie and say you’re just the greatest guy I’ve ever met.

“The second one sounds tempting,” he laughed as I began to laugh with him.

“Well you are a great guy and that’s why I like-“before I could finish Jackson kissed me, but I only stood there surprised and un-phased. He pulled away and I could taste a bit of alcohol on my lips. “Um, Jackson, I don’t like you like that.”

“I thought that’s what you were gonna say,” He said a bit cocky.

“Yeah, no.”

“Is it because of Stiles?”

“What? No! Stiles and I have been friends for a long time and nothing is ever going to happen,” I said in my defense because he is practically in love with Jackson’s girlfriend. “Plus, I barely know you, Jackson.”

“Well this is awkward,” He said as I rolled my eyes at him. “We should head back.”

“And you tell Lydia.”

“No way,” he said in crude way.

“Fine then. I just won’t speak to you like Stiles,” I said walking ahead of him.

“Fine!” He said catching up. Making our way back to the house I saw Scott and he looked like he was in pain I began to quickly walk over to him as Allison began to make her way over.

“Scott, what’s wrong?” I asked worried about him.

“Nothing. Just leave me alone!” He growled as he shoved me to the floor.

“McCall!” I heard Jackson yell angrily as my brother ran off.

“Aria!” Stiles called as he and Allison came to my side.

“The list of jerks just seem to keep adding on and on,” I said pissed while I had help from Allison and Stiles to stand. Jackson walked over to me.

“What’s up with your douche brother?” Jackson said.

“Hey only I can call him a douche,” I said as he held his hands up in a way of saying ‘I’m on your side, chill.’

“I should take you home.” Stiles said as I nodded.

“Bye you guys, I’ll tell you everything Monday if I even speak to him,” I said as it was mostly to Jackson as he nodded.

“Bye Aria,” they said.

“Are you gonna speak to me?” Stiles asked as I stayed quiet. “I guess not.” The ride home was silent and it made both Stiles and I fidgety and uncomfortable. “I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you.”

I just nodded my head and waved goodbye to him. Tomorrow morning I’ll be giving Scott a peace of my mind. Ditching Allison and shoving me. Not cool at all. I made my way into the house and up to my room. It was still early, but I was just tired. My nightmares have been going away and so is my scratch. I looked at it as it was just a scar now.

I began to get ready for bed when I heard a loud thud in Scotts room. Before I could grab a bat Scott walked in setting my mind at ease.

“Aria,” he said walking over to me and hugging me. “I’m sorry.”

Officially off my jerk list. “Scott its okay,” I cooed.

“No, nothings okay. I’ll be more careful next time,” he said as if he made it a promise to me and himself.

“What are you talking about?”

“I can’t tell, but it won’t happen again,” he told me as he pulled away from the hug.

“I won’t ask because you’ll tell me eventually.”

“Love you sis,” he said walking to his room. He is beginning to make me think that he’s bi-polar.

“Love you too, night,” I said as he said it back as well. I got into bed after I turned out the lights. Right when I was drifting to sleep a sudden flash back came to me as I finally realized what that house is that was drawing me in. It was… the murder house! Nope. That’s stupid the murder house is in LA.

I’ll figure out why that house is so familiar to me eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally new chapter up. Sorry I've been slacking a bit.
I have a lot to work on and I've just been busy with
a party that's happening this Saturday. It's frustrating.
Hope you like it, please comment.

Peace

xoxo,
Aria Beatrice