Status: Working on it :]

Men in This Town

Ch. 4: Making Frienemies

I sat on the couch in my outfit of the day watching ‘Dragons: Riders of Berk’ with Stiles. “Why are you watching this?” he asked me as I laughed at something Toothless did.

“Why are you still sitting here watching it with me?” I ask turning my head slightly towards him. He shrugged and leaned back to watch the show. “You ready for your second/first day of school?”

“Yeah, going to school, yay,” I said not really wanting to go.

“Are you going to the party on Friday?” he asks while I nodded. Jackson and Danny invited me to go anyway. Yeah, I got his name down.

“Aria!”

“I didn’t do it and the answer is no to what ever you are about to say,” I said turning my head towards the stairs that Scott was coming down.

“What?” Scott said confused. “Oh Stiles you’re here already.”

“What do you want Scott?”

He looked at me and said, “How do I look?”

“I don’t know twirl around?” I said being sarcastic, because he looks like how he normally looks. Normal. Scott actually started to twirl around and I laughed quietly. Dork.

“You look fine Scott,” I started as I stood up to heat the three of us some pop tarts. “Why?”

“Because of a girl,” Stiles teased.

“Shut up,” Scott said pushing his friend lightly. I got myself a Cinnamon and the other two a strawberry. I don’t really like the strawberry flavor. I drowned out the other two while they bicker like an old married couple while I put the two pop-tarts into the toaster. I randomly started to stare at my arm. The scratch was healing and it didn’t look as bad as before when I checked it this morning. “Quit talking about werewolf’s around Aria,” Scott hissed quietly.

“What about werewolves?” I said bringing them pop-tarts on a Styrofoam plate.

“Nothing.”

“Well if you need to write a paper on werewolves then you’re looking at the right person,” I said as we walked out of the house. “I’m really into all of those mythical creatures and stuff.”

“Really? Do you think werewolves are real?” they asked while I took a bite of my food. Delicious.

“Yeah, well at least 5 centuries ago,” I said getting in the back seat of Stiles’ car. “I mean there are plenty of logical explanations of it being real, why?”

“Nothing really, Stiles here believes they are real too,” Scott said as if it was stupid of what we believe.

“They could be real Scott, so I wouldn’t doubt it,” I said while I saw Stiles smile at me in the rearview mirror.

“Do you know how stupid the two of you sound?” he asks as that really annoyed me. Really? I should just kick his chair now until we get to school.

“You’re stupid Scott,” I said kicking his seat.

“Aria,” he said while I ignored him and looked out the window to drown him out, but that was cut short when he grabbed my foot. “Stopping kicking my seat,” he growled.

“Jeez, sorry,” I said sitting back crossing my arms. Something is wrong with Scott. He’s a bit moody.

The drive to school was quiet and a bit awkward. Scott was annoying to me right now and I really don’t want to talk to him right now. Stiles parked the car and I didn’t bother to wait for Scott to let me out of the back seat. I just took the way out in the back. Told you I don’t take conflict very well.

“Aria!” Scott called out aggravated. I didn’t care, because my brother needed to take a chill pill.

“See you at lunch then,” Stiles called out as it made me smile at his quirkiness.

“Aria!” I heard someone else call out as I turned around to see Jackson walking over and smiled.

“Hey Jackson,” I said as we began to walk together.

“What’s up? It looks like you’re pissed,” he stated as we walked into the school.

“Yeah, sibling issues,” I said shrugging like it was no big deal, because I’ll get over it.

“Oh. Well, what classes do you have?” he asked while we stopped at my locker. I looked through my bag searching for the paper mom set on my desk this morning.

“Here it is,” I said smiling while I found it. I handed it to him when I turned to open my locker to put my things away. “So, why are you suddenly all friendly towards me?” I ask getting straight to the point. “You’re not doing it to piss off my brother and Stiles are you?” I gestured to the two noisy boys watching me from their lockers.

“No, I had fun last night talking and dancing with you,” he started as he adjusted his bag, “who new you had such amazing dancing skills,” he laughed.

“I know, I know. I am a boss at doing the cabbage patch,” I said doing the cabbage patch in front of him while he laughed even more.

“Yes, yes you are.”

“Who is this, Jackson?” his girlfriend appeared next to him with the brunette as she sneered at me.

“Uh, Aria, this is-“

“Lydia, I know. You have quite the admirer,” I said remembering all the time Stiles would talk to me about her to the point I had a dream about her, but I won’t go into detail.

“Are you new here?” She asks softening up.

“No, but for the past few years we’ve sat at the same table,” I said about to get my paper from Jackson when she snatched it. She looked over it and I saw her lip curl up in the corner.

“We have some classes together. Allison get acquainted with the new girl you might find some answers in her,” she said handing me my paper back and turning on her heel to walk off with Jackson.

“Bitch,” I said turning to my locker to put the last of my books away and closed.

“She’s nice when you get use to her,” the brunette said as she was still there. “I’m Allison Argent.”

“Oh you were at the tryouts right?” I said as I remembered her.

“Aria right?” she asked as I nodded while we started to walk together. “How’s your brother?”

“He’s uh swell, why?”

“Nothing really,” she said a bit shyly. What is with everyone asking me questions and then saying nothing? It’s really annoying.

“Did he ask you to the party Friday?” I ask just incase to inform Scott if she had a date or not.

“Yeah, your brother asked me,” she said smiling. Go Scott.

“So, are you new here?” I asked while we walked in the same direction of my class. I don’t know about her though.

“Yeah, just started school yesterday,” she said as I nodded. “What’s your first class?” she asked.

I stopped because I found my class “I have English with Mr. Walsh,” I said and she smiled.

“Really? So do I and your brother is in this class too,” she said. She talks a lot about Scott. Do I talk about boys a lot? Haha, naw. Boys are weird.

Through the whole class I was actually listening to the lecture the teacher had going on, but suddenly I had to play messenger. I looked at the paper folded on my desk and then looked around and saw Allison pointing at it and then to my brother. I sighed annoyed and hoped she didn’t see that. Scott was in the row next to me just only one seat father. Picking up the folded paper and looking up at the teacher waiting for him to write on the board.

When he finally turned I chuck the paper at Scotts head aggressively. I heard him grunt quietly as the paper collided with his head making him with it. What? Do I look like a messenger God? Exactly, no. I heard a few laughs while I just rolled my eyes. Scott rubbed the back of his head and looked at me and I just looked away. Not in a way that said ‘oh it wasn’t me’ it was more of ‘I hate you and leave me alone I’m learning’.

We had to take notes, but that wasn’t going to happen because once again Scott tossed the note on to my desk. I took in a deep breath and tossed the paper onto Allison’s desk. Note to self don’t sit between Romeo and Juliet.

“Alright I’d like you all to pair up in groups of 3 to 4 people and do the questions on the next page,” Mr. Walsh said as everyone got up quickly to find their friends or work with someone just to get done with it. I was about to get up when Scott pulled me back down and I was partnered with the Star freaking cross lovers. You know I really hate Romeo and Juliet. If I were them I’d be like ‘screw your parents, it’s my life get over it’.

“Work with us?” Allison said smiling. That whole puppy eyes thing don’t even work.

“I was gonna work wit-“ I lied. It works. I repeat the puppy eyes works. “Nevermind.”

“What are you guys doing after school?” Scott asks even though it was directed at Allison.

“Oh, I don’t know maybe staying for your practice and then going home with you. You know the usual.” I said writing the answer to number one on my paper.

“Nothing really, my mom is taking me out to the mall to bond,” Allison said as if it was a crime.

“Lucky, I’d love to spend more time with my mom,” I said being honest. I rarely get to see her because of her job. The woman is my hero.

Through out the whole period I was tuned out as the two seemed to be floating on a cloud. “This is due by the end of the period,” the teacher mentions. Good thing I only have two more questions. Seeing on both their paper they had 4 out 7.

The bell rang and I dashed out. “How was first period?” I jumped as Stiles suddenly was walking next to me. I calmed myself and then punched him in the arm. “Owwwah.”

“Don’t scare me like that. First period was decent,” I said shrugging my shoulders. “Romeo and Juliet wouldn’t shut up or stop passing notes,” I crossed my arms while we walked through the crowd. “The two were so caught up in their conversation that they copied my paper.”

“That’s terrible,” he said sarcastically as he walked with me to my locker to put some of my things away. “Anyway, what was that this morning?”

“What was what?” I asked confused. It was obvious I was mad at Scott because I made it clear.

“You and Jackson?” He asked leaning his arm on the locker next to mines.

“Two friends talking?”

“I thought you didn’t like him?” he said as if those were the word that came out of my mouth.

“No, you and Scott don’t like him. I just don’t know him or his story,” I told him closing my locker and walking off. Stiles caught up to me, “plus he’s kind of nice.”

“Oh I see what’s going on,” he started as he smiled, “you like him.” I just rolled my eyes.

“I should hit you,” I said walking into my next class that he followed me into. “I barely know the guy.” I had no crushes or any feels towards Jackson. All I know is that he puts up a tough exterior like Lydia playing stupid when she’s smart.

“Stilinski, take a seat and leave the girl alone,” The teacher said as I sat next to a familiar face. “Alright I see some new faces and if you don’t already know I’m Coach Finstock.”

I looked for my notebook to label it for this class. The coach was talking about how the first week will be about getting to know your classmates. Again another paper flew on my desk. Seriously, I get that school is being social, but I’d like to get my education. So I could get out of school, but then again I’ll be going back into school. Life sucks.

I looked at the paper and then at the person who threw it. Jackson just smiled and looked back to the front. It was for me? I shrugged slightly and opened it.

~Since you’re going to my party, you want me to pick you up? –Jackson

I looked at the note. His handwriting is a little girlie. Nice. Nice. Oh, wait. Back to the note.

‘I was gonna ride with Stiles and Scott. –Aria’ I wrote on the paper and tossed it back at him when the teacher turned around. He was going about an assignment that we would be doing in groups. The paper was back on my desk.

~The dweebs- I looked at Jackson glaring and he mouthed sorry and I turned my attention back to the note. ~The dweebs? Why don’t you ride with me instead?

I replied simply with, ‘Ask your girlfriend’. I tossed it back at him. “Pick your study group,” Coach Finstock ordered. I gather my things to pair up with new people, but was sat back down by Stiles and Jackson pushing me down in my seat. Will I ever pick my own study group?

“I picked her first?” Jackson said gritting his teeth at Stiles.

“I’ve known her more than just 17 hours,” Stile snapped back.

“I’d like to pick my own group,” I said annoyed.

“We are a group,” They said at the same time. I held both my hands up in defense and sat.

“Now that you have your groups you are going to come up with 20 questions to ask everyone in your group. Then you will share what you have about them by the end of the week,” He said taking a seat at his desk and propping his feet up on it.

I flipped to a new page to write out some questions, “Would you wear a dress or skirt?” I asked while the two bickered about me.

“Dress,” they said.

I nodded my head, “Both like to wear dresses,” I mumbled quietly to myself while I wrote the answer to my first question.

“Wait, what?” Stiles asks.

“Nothing, next question, most embarrassing moment?” I ask looking at my paper.

“I don’t have any embarrassing moments,” Jackson said sternly.

“Here play this game,” I said sneaking out my Itouch and plugging the headphones in.

“Why?”

“Just play it,” I insisted as I put it on the maze game. That evil son of bitch comes in handy.

“What are you doing?” Stiles whispered next to me.

“Shhh,” I said turning my face towards him, “just watch.” I turned my attention back to Jackson.

“This game is stupid. I’m already at level 2,” he told me.

“Keep playing,” I said as he fixed the headphones. I set the volume on loud. Yes, I’m evil. I put dog food in Scott’s cereal when we were younger because he wouldn’t take me to the park.

“Ahhhhh! Son of a-“ Jackson shouted throwing my iTouch and falling back in his seat on the ground scared. I stifled a laugh and wrote my answer in for Jackson’s embarrassing moment.

“What’s going on over there?!” Coach Finstock yelled.

“Creating an embarrassing moment for Whittemore, coach,” I said perking up in my seat.

“Oh, carry on then,” He said as I smiled.

“I’m so gonna get you back,” Jackson said while the class watched him get back into his seat.

I raised my brow at him, “You can try,” I said smirking at him.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t even try,” Stiles said turning his head to glare at me. “She set a bag on fire in front of my door and
well- just don’t bother.”

“Yeah, don’t touch my Jello,” I scoff at Stiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter already. See how I love you readers.
Comment and Subscribe. No pressure at all. Do it.
You don't have too, but I'd appreciate it.

peace

xoxo,
Aria Beatrice