Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

Just Let It Ring

“Who were you talking to?” She asked when he appeared at the bottom of the steps.

“Oh, no one….”

“Really? Because it sounded like you were pissed…”

“I promise….it was nothing…Now you gonna try and dye my hair?”

She looked at him questioningly for a second, “Yeah….let’s go ahead….”

She followed him into the kitchen where he got all the dye ready and sat down on one of the stools. She sat down in the stool next to him and began to brush his long wavy hair.

“I love your hair…”

He laughed, “Why? It looks like shit half the time.”

“Does not…..”

“Does so. Maybe I should shave it….”

“No. I won’t let you.” She chuckled as she worked to separate the hair into chunks and began to apply some of the red dye.

“Your phone’s ringing…” he said pointing to it as it lay on the countertop.

Her hands were covered in dye, “Well, not much I can do about it right now…”

He reached to grab it and read Shawn’s name across the screen and grumbled. “It’s Clown…”

“Just let it ring. I’ll call him back or text him or something.”

“He’ll be pissed….”

“He’ll get over it….”

He nodded and set the phone back down. “He called while I was upstairs….that’s who I was talking to…..”

“What’d he want?”

“For me to stay away from you…….and that he wants you back…..”

She sighed as she brushed the cold dye onto his hair.

“No comment?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“Shit, I don’t know…” He got quiet. “Do you want him back?”

“Does it matter?”

“Well…….yeah……”

“Corey….”

“What?”

“If I wanted him back, do think I would be with you in your house right now? And if I wanted him back, do you think I would’ve agreed to go out with you to dinner?”

“Ok….so you kind of have point.” He half-smiled. Her phone rang again but she let it go straight to voicemail. “You gonna call him back?”

“Nope. I’ve got better things to do.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, now turn around so I can get the front of your hair…”

“Dude. Why do you keep calling her? She’s obviously busy…” Paul huffed.

“Exactly.” He grumbled. “I fucking told him to back off of her. I don’t know why I expected him to listen. He never fucking listens.”

“Here we go again….” Jim mumbled. “You need to let this go before we go back out on tour. We’ve got those gigs in Europe coming up soon.”

“I’m going over there and I’m gonna bring her back here.”

“No, you’re not.” Paul said emphatically. “That shit will not turn out good for anyone.”

“That’s an understatement….” Mick murmured.

“She text back…” Shawn said as he opened the new message that had popped up on the screen.

Addie: Been busy dying corey’s hair.

Shawn: Could I take you out tomorrow?

Addie: Can’t. Going out w/ Cor.

Shawn: Could at least come by and see you?

Addie: Idk.

Shawn: Ok, what the hell did I do?

Addie: Woah. Calm down.

Shawn: I just wanna see you and spend some time with you. And all you say is ‘idk’?

Addie: Don’t get mad. Please.

He never did text back. She guessed that he probably was pissed off but there was nothing she could do about it.