Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

Let's Watch A Movie

“My head itches…” he whined as he tried desperately not to reach his hand up into his hair.

“It’s almost done…….”

“But it itches really bad….” He pouted.

She shook her head side to side, “Just a few more minutes.” He stared at her with a look of complete discomfort as the next couple of minutes passed.

“Now?”

“Go ahead.” She said giving up. “Just make sure you rinse one section at a time…”

He practically sprinted to the bathroom with the speed of a trackstar. She laughed when she heard him moan in pleasure as he washed the remnants of the dye out off his head. He came around the corner and was furiously scratching at his head with a towel. His eyes rolled back into his head.

“Better?”

“You have no fucking idea.” He walked over to her. “Well, how’s it look?”

Picking up a few strands and letting her fingers run through to the ends, she replied. “Awesome….like always.” He was about to say something when her phone started ringing again with another text from Shawn. He rolled his eyes when she picked it up to check it.

Shawn: Could I take you to your therapy appointment?

She sighed and decided she would give up. At least maybe if she was with him, they could about everything and clear up a lot of the blurred lines in their ‘relationship.’

Addie: I gotta be there at 10:30. Just get here by 10.

Shawn: I’ll be there. See you in the morning. Xo.

Addie. See ya.

“So, what was that about?”

She was silent for a second, “He wants to take me to my appointment tomorrow…”

“And what’d you tell him?”

“To be here by 10.” She saw him frown a little. “It’s not what you’re probably thinking. I’m gonna try to talk to him.”

“We’re still going out, right?”

“Yeah...” she said tugging on his t-shirt. “I’m not gonna flake out on you. Promise. Now, I’m gonna go change into some sleep clothes…or try to anyway.”

“Need help?”

“I can get it….” She said propping herself up on the crutches and heading towards her room.

“You sure?”

“Yeah. I got this.”

He stood in the doorway and watched her attempting to put on a pair of yoga paints. There was no way they were going to go over her brace but he’d let her try. After all, she said she could do it. After a while of watching her wrestle with the pair of pants and him trying desperately not to laugh, he couldn’t do it anymore.

“Uhh….don’t think those are going to fit.” He spoke to her suddenly.

“I’ve almost got it…”

“No, you don’t.” he chuckled. “Look, I got some sweat pants that would probably go over your knee brace… I’ll be right back.”

While he was gone, she still worked to get her yoga pants to fit over the brace on her knee but to no avail. He was right. This just isn’t going to work.

“Here.” He walked into the room and tossed her a pair of black sweatpants. They were pretty baggy so they slid on and over the stuff around her leg pretty easily. She looked down and noticed the big, tribal, slipknot ‘S’ logo on the thigh.

“Thanks.” She said sheepishly. “So, when are you guys leaving for Europe?”

He sat down next to her. “How’d you know?”

“Shawn mentioned it when he was here.”

“End of next week.”

“I wish I could fucking walk…..then maybe our band would’ve gotten to come…”

“You’re gonna be better in no time. You just have to bust ass at rehab.”

She nodded, “I’m gonna miss you guys while you’re gone….”

“All of us?” he said making a pouty face. “Not one of us in particular?”

“Yeah…I’m really gonna miss the shit out of Fehn….”

“Oh, what the hell?”

“Kidding.” She teased him and leaned back on her pillow. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“It’s still a while before I leave.” He reminded her. “You wanna go in the living room and put a movie in or something?”

“That’d be cool.” She nodded. He helped her up and she followed him to the sofa. He threw a disc into his DVD player and sat down next to her letting arm wrap around her shoulders. He’d put in another one of his old horror movies from his collection. It didn’t seem that late or maybe they didn’t seem that tired but they didn’t make it through the movie. About halfway through, they nodded off. The repeating menu music from the movie woke him up and his eyes opened just a little bit to see that the time on the DVD player read 2:33 a.m. Then he looked down and saw her head nestled into his chest and his arm still around her.

“Addie.” He whispered and shook her a little. He thought maybe he could wake her up enough to move her into the bedroom. When she sleepily snuggled even more into his body, he smiled and gave a yawn. ‘This is nice…’ he thought to himself before grabbing the blanket from the adjacent recliner and covering them up. He placed his other arm around her, tightened his grip, and went back to sleep.