Status: Unfinished(on hold)

Louder Than Thunder

Happy Birthday Riley!

"Happy Birthday Riley!" I heard someone scream as I walked down the hall to my room.

"Yah, Thanks.." I yelled back before slightly slamming the door. I grabbed my journal and a pen on my way to the window in my room, I had the best room in the home, I think because they pity me for never being adopted. Whatever the reason, the view of the city was amazing you might say it was my safe place. As if.

I began to flip through my journal seeing only few words popping off the pages striking my mind. Words like Cut, Blood, Kill, Sex, Fuck, Depressed, etc. etc.. I'd been in this home since I was 8 and I've kept a journal ever since. It's my way of keeping the darkness at bay. I tried to touch the pen to the page, I tried to make words come out but nothing came. You might say my mind was blank, but that was far from true. I decided to start with the date.

September 17th, 2009

Just as I began to write a letter there was a knock on my door.

"Yes?" I hollered.

"May I come in Ms. Riley?" A strange male voice said.

"Um, Just a second." I stumbled off the floor and tucked my journal underneath my mattress as I reached for the lock. I opened the door to see a very Handsome man standing before me, Maybe 23 years in age, Approximately 6 feet tall, maybe 200lbs. He had longish blonde hair and the deepest ocean blue eyes.

"C-come in sir." I said as I gestured with my hand for him to come in. He moved like an angel with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"Hello Riley, My name is Jared Lexing. I've been told you have been enrolled in the Therapist program here. Is that true?" He spoke with grace and affection in his voice.
"Um, I-I don't know. I didn't enroll. I just turned 11 today I must get automatically enrolled."
"Well, I can leave if you don't want to be in this." I had just met this man and my heart ached when he mentioned leaving.

"No! -- I mean I do want this, Please stay."

"Well alright then lets go to my office to chat. Shall we?"

"Uh yeah s-sure" I wish I could stop stuttering. I walked beside him, he put his hand on my back to guide me to a turn. He never took his hand away the whole time we walked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope the age difference in this story isn't distasteful. I thought it was something different, and I've been in that type of romance in life so it seemed like something I could relate to while writing I hope you like it.