Status: Enjoy!

Episode Two: Lost in Paradise

Part Nine.

Evangeline woke up the next morning with her arms wrapped tightly around the torso of Castiel. He was wide awake since he did not require sleep, but he enjoyed being in the same bed as the keeper. She lifted her head from his chest to smile sleepily at him, her violet eyes soft with her contentment. Unfortunately, their snuggle time was cut short with Dean busting down the door. He looked at them for half a second, taking in the fact that the awkward angel he knew all too well was tangled in the arm of a beautiful red head. His lips upturned slightly, but as soon as the small smile appeared it was gone leaving only a deep frown.

“Dammit, Cas. We’ve been trying to call you.” He growled at the angel. Dean then glanced at Evangeline and his eyes immediately softened. “Zachariah has Bobby. He wants to trade.”

Neither the angel nor the woman had to ask what the ass hat wanted to trade for Bobby. Evangeline felt a lump form in her throat, tightening her ability to breathe with complication. Bobby was like a father to her. She took care of him and in turn he kept her safe. There was nothing she wouldn’t do for him.

“We have to do it, then.” She spoke.

Both Castiel and Dean disagreed fiercely. She did not listen.

“He won’t just give Bobby back once he has you, Evs. He’ll take you and kill Bobby. The guy is a total dick, you know that.” Dean told her.

Castiel nodded in agreement. “There is also no telling what he’ll do to you once he has you. Zachariah has a perverse sense of humor.”

“We can’t just let him get away with it. I won’t be able to live with myself if he’s killed because of me.”

Evangeline removed herself from Castiel’s arms to sit on the edge of the bed. She could feel both of her boys staring at her. She suddenly felt very lost, like she didn’t know where she was or what she should do. If Bobby were there, he would have kicked her ass for thinking about sacrificing herself for the good of the team. There’s always another way, he would often say to her. So, what’s a different plan of action for this one?

The answer was so simple, of course.

“What if I’m bait?” she asked, more so to Dean than to Castiel.

She knew by the way he tensed beside her that he immediately disliked the idea. It wasn’t exactly safe, she knew that. She would still try though if it meant bringing Bobby home safely. At least Dean seemed to mull it over in his head, much to the discontentment of the angel next to her.

“It could work if we go about it the right way.” Dean finally decided.

“It is unsafe for her to even be around Zachariah. I won’t be able to protect her against him, he’s much stronger than I am.” Castiel’s deep gravelly voice growled out.

He was angry. Even without looking at him, she could sense how he felt. It was extraordinary.

“If I have the influence I could protect myself and you.” Evangeline told him, her bright violet eyes catching his blue ones. “I could stop all of this.”

“You don’t know if you can control it. That kind of power can be devastating if you’re not careful. You could end up killing everyone.” Cas reasoned.

“I have to try.”

Dean watched as the two went back and forth, devising a plan all of his own. He was going to use Evangeline as bait, just not in the way she was thinking. He hoped like hell it would work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Evangeline stood in front of Bobby’s car, waiting for Zachariah’s arrival with Bobby. Sam stood next to her while Dean paced back and forth in front of his Impala. He was going more anxious each moment and it didn’t help that the dick angel was taking his sweet ass time getting there.

From out of nowhere the familiar sound of wings flapping was heard and the air was rushing around them, making Evangeline’s hair flow out behind her. Dean stopped pacing and stood on the other side of Evangeline, ready to take on any bastard stupid enough to cross him. Zachariah stood, the balding middle aged vessel looked exactly as he always did. Greasy with a face of a weasel. He was looking like a cheap insurance salesman in his awful grey suit. Next to him, was Bobby. To their relief, he looked unharmed but severely pissed as he looked at Dean.

“Dammit, boy. I told you to keep her safe, not to offer her up the first chance you got.” Bobby spat.

“It was my decision, Bobby.” Evangeline cut in. “I don’t want any more people dying for me. Especially you.”

At this, Zachariah smiled. “Look at you, saving the life of a man who isn’t even worth your pinky finger.”

“He’s worth it to me.” She said, anger rising up within her.

The angel only hesitated for a second before resuming his cheesy shit eating grin and perverted gaze down her body. She felt slimy just being around him.

“We gonna do this or what?” Dean shouted at Zachariah.

The angel merely sneered in his direction. “First things first, Dean Evangeline has to say she accepts the influence, then you can have Bobby and I’ll wisk away heaven’s little queen.”

“Evie, don’t you dare say yes!” Bobby commanded.

The woman smiled sadly at him. “I accept.”

Zachariah clapped his hands eagerly. However, his happiness did not last very long because Castiel appeared in front of him. Bobby was thrown by a force no one could see and landed in front of Dean, who helped the older man up. Castiel caught Zachariah by enough surprise to light the match unseen, creating a circle of holy fire that angels could not cross.

Castiel turned away from the other angel to glance back at Dean. His eyes widened in a mixture of terror and anger that he never felt before. He was too late.

Evangeline had disappeared.

“She doesn’t have to come willingly, but she accepted her influence. You should have been here to keep her safe, Castiel.” Zachariah taunted from within the circle.

“Where is she, Zachariah?” Castiel asked.

He wanted to shout and tear down everything until he found her. He told her he would protect her. He broke his promise.

“She’s in a place you will never find her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINAL CHAPTER! Sequel will be up soon. Hope you liked this. Thank you for those who have commented and recommended! See you in the next one!