Fateful Moon

Chapter 4: 3rd Person POV

“No!” A female voice yelled out through the woods. “Don’t!” She shrieked again, but this time it was followed be laughter. “Michael, stop it!”

Michael let out a laugh as he wrapped his arms around Mary’s waist, pulling her down onto the grass beside him. He moved so he was straddling her and began to tickle her sides. Her laughter rang out through the trees, causing his smile to expand across his face.

“Do you surrender?” He asked her, lightening up on the tickling so she could breath.

Mary nodded her head and laid flat on the ground, “I surrender, I surrender.”

Michael let out a chuckle and fell down so he was lying beside her in the grass, gazing up at the clouds. They laid there for about half an hour when Mary looked over at him.

“Can I ask you a question?” She asked him timidly.

Michael turned his head so that he was looking into her eyes. “Of course you can, you don’t have to ask.” He smiled at her gently while running a finger up and down her arm.

“Okay,” she turned so she was looking at the sky again. “What would you do if you were freed from the curse? What if you didn’t become a werewolf anymore?”

Michael looked over at Mary shocked. He had no idea where that question came from. But he must admit that the thought had been on his mind these last couple of weeks. He looked back at the clouds and thought about what he would do. But he knew, in his heart, exactly what he would do.

“Honestly,” Mary looked over at him but he continued to look up. “I would find someone to marry and hopefully I would start a family with her. I would finely be able to live a normal life,” he sighed out.

Mary looked down at the grass, “Oh…” she looked back up at the clouds.

She had secretly been hoping that Michael would have said something along the lines of wanting to marry her. It’s true that they have only known each other for a month, but she felt something for him that was indescribable. Michael heard her small mumble and looked at her. He knew what she wanted him to say, because he too wanted to say it.

“You do know that I meant you, don’t you?” He smirked at her when her head snapped over and looked at him. He lifted his right hand and brought it over his body so he could place it on her cheek. Tears came to Mary’s eyes and he used his thumb to wipe the few that escaped from her cheeks. “I don’t know how, after only a month, I feel this strongly for you. But I do.” He raised up onto his left elbow before resting his forehead against hers. “I’m so deeply in love with you Mary and I don’t want to lose you.”

More tears came to Mary’s eyes as a wide, happy smile etched itself onto her face. “I love you too,” she said back to him letting out a small giggle.

Michael looked into her eyes and saw no lie in them. He watched as Mary’s eyes drifted from his and down to his lips and then back up. His eyes then did the same motion: taking in her crystal blue eyes and moving down to her plump lips.

Michael watched Mary’s eyes flutter closed as he moved his face closer and closer to hers. His eyes shut as his lips placed themselves onto hers. They both could see stars behind their eyes as they continued to get lost in their first kiss. As Mary’s hand came up and cupped his neck, all she could think about was that this kiss was always how she pictured her first kiss being like.

Michael pulled away and placed a soft kiss on Mary’s forehead, causing her to giggle lightly and him to smile at her. Mary bit her lip and got a mischievous look in her eyes making Michael stare at her with squinted eyes. Mary got to her feet and slowly reached behind her and undid the buttons of her dress. Michael’s eyes widened when her dress fell off of her body, down to the ground. She pulled her hair from its pins before removing her tights and shoes. Michael followed her every move as she made her way over to the small lake that resided not far from them.

“Mary, what are you doing?” He questioned, gulping as he watched her while trying to get a hold of his hormones.

“Going for a swim,” she looked at him over her shoulder, “care to join me?”

As Michael got to his feet, Mary dove into the water. He watched her surface before he started to remove his clothes, leaving only his pants on his muscular body. Mary beckoned him with a flirtatious smile and making a ‘come here’ motion with her pointer finger. He smiled before taking a running start and taking a dive into the water, making a laugh come out of her mouth as a splash came up and hit her in the face.

When he came back up for air, he was met with a splash to the face. His mouth fell open as he stared at her. Mary laughed as she saw his expression, but quickly quieted down with a playful glint appeared in his eyes. She squealed out and tried to swim away, but Michael was too fast for her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and turned her so that she was facing him. They laughed a little before Mary threw her arms around his neck and rested her forehead against his so that she could stare into his eyes.

“I love you Michael.”

“I love you too Mary.”

Michael smiled at her and leaned down, pulling her into another kiss. Mary held him close to her and ended up wrapping her legs around his waist in order to be closer to him. As Mary held him close, she knew that she had to find away to free him.

She wanted Michael to have the life that he always wanted. And she wanted him to have that life with her.

No matter what it took, Mary would find some way to help him.