Status: Active

Not Like the Movies

Now I Realize That I Really Didn't Know

6 Months Later

"Okay, is everyone ready?" We all shook our as we headed to our designated spots.

I looked over at Zayn as he closed his eyes, no doubt preparing himself for one hell of a night. Turning to my right, I noticed Niall with a big grin on his face.

"Ready to do this, Nialler?" I questioned, as he just shook his head with a laugh.

"Been dreaming of this since we broke up." He replied.

"Alright, in five, four, three, two-"

"What's up, London? Are you all ready for a great night?" Liam spoke as the five of us were lifted on to the stage and broke out into the first verse of What Makes You Beautiful.

This was the moment I had been waiting for since my life fell apart. This is the feeling I had been searching for since I was left heartbroken. Standing there on that large stage, singing my heart out as the packed arena sang along, I couldn't stop smiling even if I tried.

It was like for the very first time since the band had broken up, I finally felt at home. I finally felt like everything was going to be alright. I realized in that moment that I didn't need a woman to be happy. I didn't need to be in love to experience the best parts of life.

All I really ever needed were my best friends. It never should have mattered whether I was single, married, traveling, or even singing to my own music. All that should have ever mattered was that I surrounded myself by the people who I considered family.

"Well, London. How are you all?" I asked, as the last beat of the song died out. The guys and I let out a couple laughs as the whole room filled with cheers, not doubt letting us know that they were feeling probably just as good as the five of us were.

"Tonight is the first night in a very, very long time that One Direction has played together." I paused glancing at my best friends to see all of their faces grinning from ear to ear. "And you know what London? It feels fantastic! I have never felt more alive than right now." Once again the arena was filled with the screams of agreement.

The boys and I started into the song, singing our hearts out for the next hour and a half. When the show was finally over, we took our bow and left the stage. None of us said anything as we sat in our dressing room just thinking about what just happened. I couldn't help but think how I had never thought I would ever do that again, yet here I was sitting here with my heart racing a million miles an hour from the post concert energy.

"Wow." Harry was the first to speak up as all of us just laughed, nodding our heads because as simple of a word that was, it really summed up what we were all thinking.

"So now that we just performed, are we gonna tour again, or what?" Niall demanded.

I grinned, "Oh, we are definitely going on tour."

"The five of us back together again. Who would've thought?" Liam spoke.

"I don't know, man. But all I can say is we are never breaking up again." Zayn declared as we all chuckled. We all nodded our heads, silently swearing that what Zayn said would be a promise that all five of us were going to keep.

I looked around at my best friends as we laughed and joked about the night we just had. Harry caught my stare, giving me a smile that I returned. I finally felt complete, and it never felt better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow okay, so this took forever. I really couldn't bring myself to end this. This was probably one of my favorites to write.

I can't thank every one of you enough. Thank you to all who subscribed (even if you didn't comment) it really means the world to me that you actually read it. Thanks to all who recommended, it literally made the the happiest girl on the planet. And the biggest thanks to every single one of you who commented on this story. It was you guys that really kept me going and kept me wanting to update because I knew I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it.

I really can't thank you enough. Shout outs go to:
GoodGirl;
teenage hearts
valleydream
Juno
tremblay88
justsoupy


Sadly, I've been getting sick of stalking One Direction and I think I may be moving on. However, if I can't talk myself into I've had two ideas for new stories: Demons and Sink. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them One Direction based or move to a different band or maybe even make it an original fiction.
So if you guys have any suggestions on who you would like to see a story about (I'll take any of your suggestions of people I actually know and follow into consideration.

Thank you all once again. Sorry this took so long to get out. Hope you all enjoyed the story and thank you for reading!