Status: Uh idk man I'm trying though

Just a Feeling

The Beginning of every beginnings

Most stories would start off with a girl, probably living either in New York or somewhere in California where the sun is high up in the sky and the clouds formed like pillows and cotton candy across the horizon. The girl would probably have a perfectly tanned skin that it would come off as if she was made out of Bronze and she’d wear the most perfect outfit and a pair of boots every single day of her life. In the end, she’ll find a guy—not just an ordinary guy, maybe even a superstar whichever you prefer. And they’d live happily ever after.

Most stories would end with a happily ever after. Well actually, mine did too—except after the happily ever after, more chaos came and somehow overwhelmed my almost-perfect story ending.

It all actually started last summer, when things got pretty heated up between my parents. They’ve come to the point wherein they’re both acting like an angry teenage couple who keeps on fighting every single freaking day. The screaming and the tossing of plates on the wooden floor were just not enough. So they’ve resorted to a much greater leap in their relationship, a divorce.

Sabrina, my sister, wasn’t very pleased by their decision. She’d reacted quite immaturely towards the agenda, and had run away from the household more than twice during the past weeks. My parents, of course, couldn’t find the extra time to stop her from doing so. Instead, they sent me out to tame her as if she was some kind of an animal on the loose. “Max, come on. Was a divorce really necessary? I mean, look at the both of them. They’re trying to ruin their own family!” Sab exclaimed as she finally finished unpacking her run-away duffle bag. I’d given her the sisterly talk just to keep her from disappearing every other day.

“Sab, can’t you try being a little more understanding? You’ve seen them throw plates at each other haven’t you?” I argued. But there was no winning in a fight with Sab. She was irrational most of the time. When she wants to win, she’ll make it happen.

Not only did the whole divorce change our parents’ lives, it affected ours too—as if we hadn’t expected that to happen. But then since we were both of legal age, we could decide whatever we want to happen with our lives. Sab chose to move in with her old childhood best friend in New York. Of course, Mom was worried.

“Max?” Sab called me out and I snapped back to reality.

“Yeah?”

“Where are you gonna go?”

Honestly, I had no idea what to answer her. After all this chaos, there was nowhere to go actually. Mom would be out finding a new guy, and Dad would be the same too—probably. Sab would be off to NYC and I—well I hadn’t planned anything for this matter. If I go with Sab, she’ll probably think I’m just holding her back. And if I stay with either of my parents, I would most likely end up in an asylum. So there’s no other choice, no plan Bs and no back up plans. The only solution that popped inside my head was college.

“College” I answered quietly.

“What?”

I sighed heavily and repeated myself. “I’m going to college.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is quite new. Sorry I've been busy lazying out because college and stuff, and I'm going through this tough Zayn Malik phase it's so weird. So here!