Status: Uh idk man I'm trying though

Just a Feeling

Max? God, I love that name!

England was definitely different. Other than an ocean of English people, the atmosphere was almost all too perfect. It gave me some kind of renaissance feel while I wandered off the streets. I’d completely forgotten about feeling homesick since the plane took off. There was a row of taxis waiting right outside the airport, so I quickly got into one and directed the driver to the apartment Mom got for me as a parting gift. “So, it's your first time 'ere yeah?” the man asked with thick British accent. I almost didn’t understand, but I managed to answer his question correctly.

The whole ride to my new home was peaceful. The taxi driver was kind enough to go around some of the important places to enlighten me about what England has got to offer. It totally sucked me in like a black hole.

When we finally reached my flat, I gave him a hundred pounds for getting me there safely and for touring me around a bit. He was absolutely stunned by my reckless move but it was the least I could do, he was nice and didn’t talk a lot when he didn’t need to. So I owe him for that. On the other hand, my head was already pounding in pain. And all I wanted to do was crawl up in a mattress and sleep. Fortunately, the apartment my Mom got me was already packed with furniture I needed. When I got in, I dropped my keys at the end table and dozed off.

I woke up to darkness, like complete darkness. It was too dark I thought I’d go blind. It took me about 10 minutes to find the light switch. When I did, I almost tripped on my luggage. There was so much to do; school doesn’t start in 5 weeks which means I still have loads of time left to adjust to a new country completely. I felt both excited and nervous at the same time. Nothing wrong had happened in the past hours, and it just made me think that all this is going to lead in catastrophe.

Just as I was about to head to the bathroom to freshen up, there was a sudden knock on the door. I went to see who it was and found an old lady, probably in her 60s, outside. She was wearing a floral polo shirt and blue slacks. Her eye-glasses were thick-framed that it made her eye bulge out. “Hello sweetheart.” She greeted me pleasantly, her thick British accent gave me Goosebumps when she asked me if I was Maxine Hanson.

“Yes, hello. You must be—”

“Mrs. Robinson. It’s a pleasure to fin’lly meet you!” she gleamed.

I invited her inside and she laid out the rules and regulations in her building. Also, she told me her life story which was quite interesting. She lost her husband, not out of divorce, but he passed away trying to save her life. The both of them were in their 10th honeymoon when the yacht they were at hit a huge rock and sunk. It was tragic, and kind of made me sad but the way she narrated everything was just reassuring that everything was fine, and she was okay.

“Also darling, I do this charity work at this orphanage 10 blocks away from here. You’re always welcome to come by every weekend.” She added.

I nodded and smiled. She did it back and excused herself then. It was still 8 in the evening, and I still haven’t eaten yet. I decided to take a short stroll outside and find something to eat. My stomach was already cursing at me.

Dinner at Nando’s was fabulous, although I had a tough time ordering since I couldn’t understand half of what they were saying. But the thought of actually eating at a Nando’s in England was just too overwhelming. After a good 2 hours of hanging around, I decided to head back.

You know those certain moments when your mind just drifts off to someplace else and the next thing you know, you’re standing in the middle of an unfamiliar street at 10 in the evening. I obviously took a wrong turn at a very wrong street. I walked a little further, trying to figure out how to get back but it was too late because I was very very lost. After a few minutes, someone finally came out from inside a two-storey house made up of bricks. As much as I hated approaching strangers, I needed to find my way out of this place. Besides, the guy was walking towards my direction. So I walked up to him.
“Hi.” My voice sounded a bit shaky.

Good thing I caught his attention right away or else I would have looked like a complete idiot. “Oh, can I help you?” he asked politely with his unusual British accent. His Brown eyes, which were just beautiful if I may add, met mine. I hate to admit it but i was just star struck.

“Uh, I—I was wondering if you know the way back to the nearest Nando’s here?” I sputtered out.

By the look that he had on his face, I could that he was surprised I wasn’t English. Then he smiled and it was probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. My stomach started twisting and turning, it felt like my lungs were going to fall out of my mouth. It took him a few minutes to contemplate which way to go but he figured it out eventually, and he was actually kind enough to walk with me. We shared a few words occasionally as we walked; it was weird but kind of overwhelming. “So I take it you’re not from here?” he asked.

I shook my head. “No. I actually just moved in yesterday, for uh—college.”

He talked about college for a while, and it turns out he was only as old as I am. As we were nearing Nando’s, he surprisingly introduced himself. “Oh, I’ve been completely rude. I’m Zayn by the way.” He held his hand up for me. So I shook his hand and sparks flew at the back of my head, butterflies exploded inside my stomach and I could feel my cheeks burn. Jesus Christ.

“M-Max, I’m Max.”

Once again, he flashed me his smile. “Max? God, I love that name!” he exclaimed.

“Thanks, uh—for helping me.” I smiled back.

“Sure thing love, see yah around.” He replied before walking away.

My feet felt like it was glued to the ground. I seriously could not move it and it was already getting really dark. But after what seemed like forever, I finally collected myself and found my way back to my apartment. It had been a really long day, not to mention I’ve already overslept and got lost. When my head reached the pillow, I could see Zayn’s face whenever I close my eyes.

Seems like it’s going to be a long night too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I'm sorry it took so long. But hey guys thank you so much for everything! People like you are the reason why I'm motivated to finish this heheheh. Anyway, I'll take this chance to make a shameless ad.

So I have this 1D blog (niallerzzz.tumblr.com) (check it out when you can okay)

Thank you again, and ILY all. x