Sometimes...

2

I got home making my pizza before eating it and watching TV, I went to bed to hear my mom come home hours later. The next day she was in bed when I got up for school and once again my day started over, I wandered into school going to my classes before having lunch and going to fetch my books from my locker.

“Yeah see you at practise tonight!” I heard a voice shout before someone walked into me sending my books flying and I was thankful that most people hadn’t come in for class yet, I heard laughing and sighed turning towards the laughter to see Ben “Okay so I need to stop doing this to you, twice in 2 days” he said with a smile on his face.

“Jenna I’m sorry, here” he said handing me my books “Thank you” I said taking them from him “Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded “Sorry, I really need to look where I’m going, or maybe you need to look where your going” he stated and I stayed quiet waiting for his next line which would involve some remark to upset me.

“I’m joking, I am so sorry; once again I wasn’t looking where I was going resulting in me hitting you. Your going to class I take it?” he asked and I nodded slowly “Hang on let me grab my books and I’ll walk with you, we have Literature next right?” he asked and I nodded. “Wait right here” he said walking off and I debated waiting or leaving.

Was this just a set up to keep me waiting around and to make me seem like some desperate sap with a crush on a popular guy, because that wasn’t true? Just as I decided to go he appeared around the corner “See I can not walk into you if I try” he joked and I smiled at him “Come on little miss talks a lot lets go” he stated walking off and I followed him.

We got to class sitting down in our own seats and the teacher came in and the lesson started. That night I was on my laptop when I had a new friend request on facebook ‘Benjamin Roethlisberger requests to be your friend’ it said so I clicked accept. I carried on doing my homework when it beeped and I looked to see a message ‘Hi sorry about earlier I really will try not to walk into you anymore :)’

‘Thanks and its okay’ I replied unsure of exactly what to say ‘Are you sure I haven’t hurt you I mean I’m bigger than you and I just keep walking right into you?’ he asked ‘No I’m fine’ I replied ‘Okay’ he replied and I left it at that. He was maybe just being polite.

I carried on with my homework when it beeped again and I saw another message ‘So what are you up to tonight?’ he asked ‘Homework, you?’ I asked and he was answering me pretty quickly “The same, I just got back from football practise so really all I want to do is sleep :(‘ he answered.

I didn’t even know what to answer so once again I left it alone ‘You don’t talk much do you?’ he asked ‘I mean in class, at school, on here, your not very talkative’ he added. ‘Sorry’ I offered ‘Or is that you don’t like me?’ he asked and I thought about it ‘No’ I replied ‘No you don’t like me?’ he asked ‘No I like you’ I typed back cursing myself as soon as I pressed send.

‘Oh well that’s good, anyway I best go do my homework, see you tomorrow x’ he replied ‘Bye x’ I typed and with that he went offline. I finished my homework before going to bed; he was obviously being nice to get something to tell everyone about me so everyone could laugh at me.