Sometimes...

8

“You got a crush on him or something because really Jenna I don’t think it’s happening” she snapped and I ignored them hoping they’d just shut up. “Aww here’s lover boy now” she said and I looked up “What?” Ben asked looking confused “We were just talking about how Jenna has a crush on you” Emily said and Ben looked at me.

“Emily shut up! She doesn’t have a crush on me” Ben cut back “Then why’s she here and why’s she hanging around you all the time?” she asked “She’s here to bring Peyton back and she’s hanging out with me because I ask her to! Why do you always have to be a bitch to people? What’s she ever done to you?” he snapped at her.

“I was just…” “Being a bitch to be funny and I’m not laughing, in fact you are the only 3 laughing” Ben cut in as the others stood close by “Alright chill out” Emily said smiling at him “I will when you stop picking on my friends” Ben argued. “And Jenna’s one of them is she?” Emily asked smiling as she said it, Ben motioned for me to go to him and I stood up walking to him “Yes she is my friend now leave her alone” he snapped at her.

“Craig I keep my dog on a leash so maybe you should keep yours on one!” he shouted and the girls who’d been sat away from them burst out laughing along with a few of the guys and Craig looked at him shocked “Come on” Ben said putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me to walk with him. “Sorry about her, she’s a bitch to everyone; your just not popular or fake enough for her to like you,” he offered and I nodded.

“Seriously ignore her, I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. Thanks for bringing Peyton; I think it’s the first time he’s been to practise; you’re getting lucky Pey. You could’ve been run over twice if it wasn’t for Jenna so you best have been good” he said looking down at him as he wandered along and I realised I still had hold of his leash. “Here” I said and he shook his head ”You keep him, you been home yet?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Fancy coming back to mine for dinner? I am literally starving and well I owe you so I guess I could stretch to buying us pizza” he offered and I shook my head “Aww come on Jenna, if it’s about what she said I’ve forgotten about it already and I know its not true” he reassured and I nodded. “How’s about we strike a deal, I won’t listen to what they say about you to me and you don’t listen to what they might say to you about me?” he asked and I nodded “Good now lets go get pizza” he said smiling.

“Okay” I replied and he smiled, we went to the market and were walking home when some guys shouted his name “Hey” he shouted back looking for traffic before crossing the road pulling me with him. “How’s it going, it’s been forever since I saw you?” one of the guys asked and he nodded “Good you?” he asked and they both nodded.

“We’re heading down to the park to play football you should come with” the other guy said and Ben shook his head “Nah I just had practise and we’re going to mine” Ben replied motioning towards me “Oh okay” he said smiling “Next time drop me a text and I’ll come down and play with you guys” Ben replied. “Okay well see you then” they said walking off “You can go with them you know” I offered and he shook his head “Nope we’re going home, plus if I threw another football my arm might fall off” he replied as we started walking again.

“Now I don’t mean to brag but I have a seriously good movie collection we should check out” he said putting his arm around my shoulders again “And I’ll even walk you home afterwards” he offered and I smiled “Is that a yes?” he asked “I guess so” I replied and he smiled.

He unlocked his house unclipping Peyton before walking into the kitchen putting the pizzas in “Right I’m going next-door, I’ll be back” he said walking off. Peyton dropped his ball at my feet, I kicked it gently and he fetched it dropping it my foot again, I sat on the floor rolling it to the wall opposite watching him run fetch it before waiting for me to roll it again.

I laughed at him as I scratched his ears and he collapsed onto his side as I scratched his stomach, he wriggled around on his back making me laugh; he stopped as he heard the door shut jumping up “Its me” Ben said from behind me and Peyton nudged me. I started scratching his stomach again and Ben laughed, "Look at you two” he stated as he sat on the counter, he got the pizza out and we ate as Peyton whined.

“Told you he tried the guilt act,” he said and I smiled. “What movie are we watching?” he asked as he cleaned up “Whatever” I replied. “Well I’m in the mood for something funny, you seen The Hangover before?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Never?” “Nope” I replied, ”You Jenna have never lived! Come on lets go watch it” he said running up the stairs with Peyton behind him, I walked into his room to see him laid on his front on his bed “Come on chatterbox” he joked and I sat next to him “Pey lay down” he ordered and he curled up in-between us.

We watched the movie before he rolled onto his back and Peyton jumped on him, Ben began playing with him until the door opened and Peyton barked running downstairs “It’s only my parents” Ben stated as I heard Peyton running back upstairs. “Katie!” Ben shouted, “She’s at Cameron’s” his dad answered. “Ben have you eaten 2 pizzas!” his mom shouted.

“Jenna’s here so yeah” he replied "Oh hi Jenna!” his mom shouted “Hi” I replied. “Why do you want Katie?” his dad asked as he appeared at the door and Ben rolled over. “Because she let Peyton out! Jenna found him in the park and had to catch him, I was at practise and she showed up with him. I’ve told Katie about leaving that door open when she’s going outside, what if Jenna hadn’t got him? He could’ve been run over or anything!” he snapped “Well shut him up,” his dad answered.

“He was shut in my room! She comes in and leaves all the doors open, she’ll be watching TV in here or using my laptop and never shuts the door and he gets out; I’ve told her before but she obviously doesn’t listen!” Ben argued, “Well I’ll tell her” he said walking off. “Come on lets got to the park” Ben said getting up, “Bye Jenna” his mom said “Bye” I said as we left. We got to the park and he let Peyton off his leash, “Jenna catch!” he shouted throwing a ball at me and I caught it throwing it back “You can actually throw, I’m impressed” he stated and I laughed. “So you got any other hidden talents?” he asked, “Nope pretty much it” I replied and he smiled “I guess that’ll do,” he stated.

We sat talking as Peyton ran around before he shouted him and we left “I’ll see you at school tomorrow” he said hugging me “Bye” I waved as he walked off and I walked into my house.