Status: One-shot || Contest Entry

Afraid of Reality

One of one.

Hannah sat herself down in the middle of the field where she’d usually go to collect her thoughts. It had turned into a ritual for the young teenager ever since her life had so called, “turned to shit.” Although most didn’t believe her when she didn’t say she was going to kill herself, they were probably right. The girl could only go through so much before she’d break, and breaking points are ugly.

Her bag fell to her side as her bottom collided with the bright green grass, her eyes never leaving the lonesome tree that was the start of the local cemetery. She told everyone she wouldn’t do it, signed all the contracts yet she was here again, looking at the tree that could necessarily control her life once more. She had tried this a time before hand but someone had caught her. Now that was the reason why nobody believed her, they caught her in the act. The truth is that she didn’t believe in herself anymore. Hannah wanted to give into the darkness that called for her body, mind and soul; the darkness that looked so inviting.

Hannah’s eyes bore into the depth of the tree branch, her heart hammering in her chest as she thought of all the things that had happened in her life.

”Nobody likes you… why don’t you just kill yourself, huh?” Madeline’s voice echoed in the back of her mind as she reached for the tree, her arm hanging out in the open air as tears flowed freely down her porcelain cheeks.

She must have looked pretty freaky to anyone else walking by; just sitting crying with her arm outstretched but she could care less. She wanted the pain to evaporate, her life to just diminish into thin air. Did it matter anymore about her family, what they would say? No, she’d forgotten about everything important in life, her mind frozen in time. Her soul void of emotion and facial expression blank, as she walked to the tree with her heart on her sleeve. It was time to end the pain she was going through and in her mind there was only one way to really do so.

”I don’t remember why I dated you, you fucking prude.” Ryan spat at her.

Hannah could recall the moments like they were happening yesterday, her heart felt like it was beating out of control in the most painful manner. The human mind can be a fucking bitch at times, though as Hannah inched closer to the tree memories seemed to flow, all of the bad ones of course. There was no saving her now. She was stuck. Stuck in her moment of time where she had hung from the tree in the back of the cemetery.

Stuck in that moment of time, forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
469 words