We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

So We Have To Do This Someday! I Just Thought I Had Time Yet

“So Hayley I get the distinct feeling you want to talk to me about something” he said and I sighed “Yeah, I feel bad for talking to you about it thought. It’s just I want someone’s opinion that’s not Kevin and…” “No it’s cool, when I offered to be there to talk to I meant it and I like you unlike some of the others girlfriends you’re a nice girl and you’re sharp minded unlike some. I feel like I can talk to you,” he laughed and I smiled.

“Since Kevin’s parents came here I’ve been thinking about my own, I guess it’s made me think about whether it’s worth trying to know my dad or not” I admitted and he nodded as he ate, “I think you have to make that decision based on not only you’re feelings but your moms. She said she wanted you to find him but if you feel like you don’t want to complicate your life further than that’s your decision. Did your mom say that because she meant it or because she just didn’t want you to be alone, if it’s the latter than she shouldn’t have to worry because I think no matter what Kevin will always have your back” he explained and I nodded slowly.

“I know your dad should have a say in it Hayley but right now I think it’s you that really matters, you really do have to just do what you think is best no matter what anyone else tries to tell you” he advised and I nodded. We spent the rest of lunch talking and walked back to work slowly “Well I will see you soon” he said hugging me before leaving, that night I was sat waiting as Kevin ordered food when I heard someone shouting his name and looked up to see a girl running at him and he smiled looking down at her (she only came up to just past his knee).

“Hey, how’s my favourite girl going?” he asked smiling at her as he picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him, “I’m good, how are you?” she smiled at him and he nodded “I’m feeling a lot better since you came running in, does mommy know you’re here?” she shook her head and he looked at her. The place was practically empty as he looked towards the door she’d come in “Sir?” the guy snapped behind the counter at him “Hold up man! Where did you come from?” he grilled her and she looked at him pointing her hand towards the door.

“Well how did you get here?” “Walked!” she grinned at him and he smiled back at her, “Walked with who?” “Daddy” she answered him her other hand still around his neck. “Daddy daddy or Tom daddy?” “Tommy!” she shouted smiling and he laughed, “Well you know you call him Tommy not daddy honeybun, now does he know you’re in here?” he asked. “Yep, he said I could come get you because he’s talking outside. He said I had to go to you and nobody else,” she explained and he smiled.

“Well that’s fine then, so can I buy you anything?” he asked pointing up to the menu and she looked “Shake” “Okay and can you add a banana shake to that as well please?” Kevin said to the guy and he nodded. He got his wallet out paying still holding on to her, he turned around to walk back before stopping dead and putting her down and he ran off in to the corner before he came back to me. “Hales this might be awkward, that kid is Betty. Tom’s kid, he’ll be in here in a few minutes and she wants to hang out” “Kevin it’s fine, I’m getting used to it” I reassured him and he nodded, “Betty I’m sat over here, I want you to meet someone” he shouted out to her and she grabbed some stuff from the side running back to him and he picked her up sitting her on his knee.

She set paper and pens out from the corner looking at it to colour, “Kevin colour with me” she said and he nodded, “Betty, this is Hayley my girlfriend” he introduced “Hi” I stated and she looked at me before setting her eyes on Kevin “thought I was your favourite girl?” “Oh honeybun you are, Hayley’s just a nice girl. I can have 2 girls in my life Betty don’t you worry about it, she won’t replace you” he winked at her and she smiled at him.

“Say hi then” “Hi Hayley” she grinned at me and I smiled at her “Kevin help me colour” “What do we say?” he stated “Please” she said and he nodded “Of course, lets colour this bit green yeah?” he asked her and she passed him a green pen as she coloured another bit and I smiled watching them. The door opened and Tom walked in, he saw me and walked over “Hey guys, I believe you have someone” he laughed sitting next to me, “I see you found Kevin then Betty” he smiled as they kept colouring.

Betty looked up at him “That’s Hayley Kevin’s girlfriend but he said I’m still his favourite” she explained to him and he smiled “Well shoot me down, she’s not is she! Well Hayley it’s nice to meet you” he joked and I smiled “I’m glad you’re still his favourite, I dread to think what my life would be like if you weren’t” he mumbled and Kevin looked up grinning before Betty grabbed his hand pointing to another part to colour.

“I bet someone was a tad jealous when she heard of the girlfriend status going to someone other than her! Anyway Hayley how are you?” “I’m okay thanks, you?” I replied. “Hayley’s name is pretty” Betty stated from nowhere and he laughed rolling his eyes, “I like your name too, Betty is a pretty name” I offered, “My real names Bethany but I don’t like that. I like Betty and that’s daddy’s name for me” “Erm young lady we don’t call me daddy and you know that. I’m not your daddy and you know that, you call me Tommy. I don’t know where this calling me daddy again has come from but you can’t say that, it’s not fair on your real daddy is it now” Tom corrected her and she pouted at him.

“No Betty, don’t give me that face!” he snapped and she pouted further.