You're in the Wolf Pack Now!

1

“Phil do you even care?” she asked “Yes I do, but all this planning is crappy can’t we just invite who we want and let it go wherever it goes?” he replied and she sighed “Fine! Who do you want to invite?” she snapped, he reeled off a list and she nodded as he kissed her walking off going to work. She rang around telling people of the party apologizing for the last minute notice and by the time he got home she was crashed out on the couch, “Hannah I’m home!” he shouted ad she groaned “Phil you need to go buy dinner, Faith’s coming” “Faith?” he asked.

“Yeah, your cousin; you remember her?” “Of course I remember her, why’s she coming?” he stated “She’s coming for the party and can’t come down for the day but I thought she I might like to visit for the week seeing as she’s just left college, your uncle and aunt are having a rough time and she could do with a break” Hannah explained.

“Yeah poor kid” Phil replied, he rang to se where she was before going to get Chinese and he got back before her “Kids guess who’s coming? Aunt Faith!” he shouted and they screamed running in to the kitchen as she pulled in the drive. Faith was Phil’s cousin, she lived about 2 hours away and was still at home despite being 25 and earning a lot of money. She was a lawyer who’d gone to college early and then spent more time at college specialising in other areas of the law, she was very intelligent but very strange and came across as stupid.

Her parents were on the verge of divorcing and she was very much in the middle of it all, Phil loved her and had always thought of her as his favourite cousin. He opened the door to see her smiling at him “Hey Faith” “Hey Phil, thanks for letting me stay” she replied “Anytime, here let me grab that” he said as he took her bag from her as they walked in. They had dinner together before the kids went to bed, “I think I’ll go to bed too, night guys” Faith stated, “Okay night” they replied as she left the room.

“Faith I’m going to meet some friends for breakfast you coming with me?” Phil shouted through the door and she never answered “Faith!” he repeated but nothing “I’m coming in” he warned before opening the door to see her sat on the bed with her back to the door headphones in and as he walked closer he saw her reading a book. The kid was always reading something! “Faith!” he shouted but nothing so he smiled before grabbing her and she screamed making him laugh as he pulled her headphones out “Faith I’m going out for breakfast are you coming?” he asked and she nodded slowly “I hate you you jerk, you scared the life out of me!” “Yeah well don’t do this again then” he said as she got up following him out.

“What were you reading?” he asked as they drove down the road “Just some book for college” “I thought you’d finished?” he said, “Yeah I have but it was an old book, I’m thinking about going back to college,” she admitted. “Faith come on you’ve been to college twice, surely that’s enough for anyone?” he joked and she shrugged “Well give yourself a bit of a break before you go back, come on your 25 your meant to be out partying and having fun and all you ever seem to do its study and sit around at home. Get out and live a little,” he said and she stayed quiet.

“Faith what’s up?” he asked and she shook her head making him smile “I know you Faith and I know your parents are going through a bad time, it must be tough living at home with it all but you know your always welcome with us and if you want you can stay with us for awhile longer” he offered. “I just get in your way” “No you don’t the kids love you” “No you love the fact I’m a free babysitter,” she teased and he laughed, “This is so untrue Faith!” he snapped smiling and she laughed at him.

“Well if you ever want to talk about anything you know we’re always here for you but just because they argue doesn’t mean they don’t love you” “Phil I’m not 12” she cut back and he nodded “Yeah but your forever 16 in my mind” “Yeah well I’m 25, anyway I guess I can always be my parents’ divorce lawyer” she said and he rolled his eyes. “Always on the bad side, let’s just forget about all this drama for the week shall we?” he asked and she nodded smiling as she pulled up.