You're in the Wolf Pack Now!

2

They got out walking in to the place “Phil!” someone shouted and he walked over “Doug you remember my cousin Faith right?” Phil asked and he nodded waving at her “Hey Faith, good to see you” “You too” she replied smiling at him. “I think you’ve heard of Stu but never met him well this is Stu” Phil said sitting down “Hi” Faith stated “Stu this is my cousin Faith, she’s from a few towns over” Phil introduced.

“Nice to meet you” Stu offered and she nodded, someone came over and Phil ordered for them both “Phil do you know where the library is in town?” she asked and Stu started to laugh “Phil can’t read” he joked and Phil shook his head “Faith no more books whilst your in my house!” “But what else am I meant to do?” she replied. “Something, anything! Dammit your 25 go out drinking all night and sleep all day, watch day time TV” Phil ranted and she nodded before he sighed.

“Or you could come to work with me and help me out, maybe you could try teaching or something?” he suggested and she nodded smiling “You mean it?” “Yeah, if you want to come to work you can” he replied and she hugged him making him laugh, “Now come on I’ve got a reputation as a hard man” he joked and she let go smiling.

“Are you guys busy today?” “Nope why?” Phil replied “Well we’re going out for the day and you should come with us” Doug stated “Yeah we will” Phil said “Oh I…” “We’re coming” Phil cut in as they brought the breakfasts over and they all ate. They left together “Faith you want to drive?” Phil asked throwing her the keys and she drove as Phil gave directions, “Seriously Faith why so slow?” he teased and she reeled off some fact about car accidents of her age and they all fell quiet as Phil smiled looking out the window.

They got out wandering down the street “Man my back hurts so bad” Doug said “That’s what you get when you have a baby and you never sleep” Phil teased “Did you know a giraffe has the same amount of vertebrae in it’s neck as a human does?” Faith said and they all fell quiet “Erm…cool” Stu replied and she nodded. “That’s Phil’s cousin?” Stu whispered to Doug who nodded as they followed behind Faith and Phil.

“She’s…” “Weird? Different?” Doug offered and Stu nodded “Yeah, what’s with all the facts?” “Oh she’s always been like that, Phil’s always been keen on her” Doug replied quietly. “Really? She doesn’t seem his type of person” “Yeah but you can’t pick your family and they were close when they were younger as well if I remember rightly” Doug whispered, “How old is she?” “25” Doug replied as Phil looked over his shoulder at them “She’s worse when she’s nervous, when she gets comfortable with you she doesn’t say that much weird stuff but Phil told me she’s always been quirky and that she’s just not boringly average” Doug admitted.

They walked in a shop and Stu found himself stood next to Faith “So you like to read?” he asked and she nodded “Takes my mind of things and it makes your brain expand right?” she said and Stu wasn’t sure if she wanted an answer “So what’s your favourite book?” he said and she shrugged “To Kill A Mockingbird I guess, I mean he does what he thinks is right even if everyone thinks it’s wrong. That’s the reason I choose to study the law,” she admitted.

“Your studying law?” he asked “Well not anymore, I’ve been to college twice now. Once to become a lawyer and then I went back to specialise in certain areas” “Really you’re a lawyer? I thought you were 25?” Stu said looking confused “Yeah I went to college early” Faith explained. “Cool, so what’s it like in the courtroom?” “Oh I haven’t really been in the courtroom before, I normally just do the office work part of it but I’m thinking about looking into more courtroom based things” she admitted.

“Really? Well that’s cool then” he stated and she nodded, they spent all morning in town “We should go visit Alan” Doug said “Really? Doug can’t you go later?” Stu groaned and he shook his head “Come on we can hang out at his place I mean there’s enough of it” Doug replied. “Yeah is he coming to the party because if he is I’m not eating or drinking anything?” Stu snapped and Phil laughed ”Yeah he’s been invited I think” Phil answered as he drove.