Status: This is my first so please be patient, I will be working on it regularly

Silent Sister

The Move

Ridley~
The park is the first thing I see. It is so magnificent! Not big but not small, it has a couple swings, slides, water fountains,and basketball hoops. And it is just across the street! The way it is placed is most interesting though, its as if the houses were built around it (22 in total). I am so excited and scared, this move is supposed to be for the best, the best of what I could not comprehend. I want friends so bad! Of course I have Toddy, I'll always have her, but she won't speak anymore. I try to recall the last words she ever spoke to me, but I can't. I know she got out of bed one night, for water or bathroom maybe? I waited for her return, it took so long!! When she came back I told her goodnight, she did not reply. That was when we were 5 and we just celebrated our 8th birthday, alone of course cause no one wanted to be friends with the freak twins! I suddenly want to punch Todley! How could she be so mean?! But she's my baby sister (though only by 4 minutes, but Daddy always calls her the baby of the family) I'm her protector, I can't think such things! but I'm still a little mad, just cause Tod doesn't speak anymore we are always quiet! This trip had been really quiet, I could practically feel the anger seeping from my mothers pores, but I couldnt comprehend it. I wished I wasn't alone to think! I wished Tod would've said something, pointed out the horses we passed or said something about the dead skunk smell, but as usual she was quiet. Seeing the park really raised my spirits! Made me forget about the silence, silence was a part of our family, and apparently it followed us to our new home.

Todley* I'm quiet, everyone back at our old home knows that, and people will learn it here at our new one. My sister on the other hand never shuts up, so I'm surprised the trip is a silent one. I knew she was thinking though. I always know things about her just like she knows things about me, my silence didn't change that. Her forehead was creased and that's a sure sign that she was concentrating on something, her thoughts no doubt. I swear she has conversations with herself, so intricate she has to concentrate hard so as not to forget her train of thought! She perked up when we pulled into the drive, in response to the trip being over, the grand house or the huge park, I have no clue. I just want to get inside the house and lay on the bed which the decorators were so kindly paid to put there. The house is too big and that park spells trouble.

whatcha think so far? Good? Bad? To long? Just right?! Let me know!