Status: This is my first so please be patient, I will be working on it regularly

Silent Sister

Settled In

Ridley~ "RIDY!!! Dear! Come on down and meet Mrs. Stewart" I hate being called Ridy! Only my mother does it, my Daddy seems to know (without being told) how much I hate it, and of course Todley doesn't call anyone anything for lack of actually speaking. I wouldn't dare tell my mother I hate it though, I'm her little muffin, her good girl! I must never go against anything she wants! So I rush down the stairs and see a woman in a pale blue dress standing with a little girl dressed similarly to the woman next to her. "Mother and daughter of course" I tell myself.
"Here Mommy" I say in my most sing songy voice I can muster.
"Ridy, sweet pea, this is Mrs. Stewart and her daughter Noehlle. Say hello!" She has this huge smile on her face, one I haven't seen in so long. Maybe this is what Daddy said when he said 'for the best'?
"Hello!!" I say. More to the girl then her mother.
"Please call me Shelly, it's short for Michelle, and Noehlle here goes by NoNo. My husband,Robert, is so displeased that he could not be here to say 'Welcome neighbor!'"
I hate her voice! It sounds so forced and fake! Her daughter got a funny look when her mother called her 'NoNo', maybe I'm not the only one so unhappy with a stupid pet name? My mind wanders as my mother goes on chit chatting with "Shelly". It comes back as my mother suggests me and 'NoNo' go to the park. I'm so not even mad at her for calling my Ridy anymore!! I'm just so super excited to go to the park! All week I've waned to go, but Tod just kept holding my hand and holding the door closed whenever I waned to leave and go. I so totally get why, she doesn't have the best memories of parks, but I don't see why she had to keep me away from it too!! So of course I agrees right away! And can't wait to run up the stairs for my shoes, but not before I say "Want me to invite Todley too Mommy?" Bad idea...
Mrs. Stewart jumps on those words! "You have another daughter?" How could my mother have left that out??
To Mrs. Stewart she says "Yes we do, Ridleys twin sister, she's usually off on another planet, it's so easy to forget about her!" To me she said "Let Tody alone and go have fun and make friends!"
Of course I don't think twice! I get my shoes and me and 'NoNo' are off to the park! I laugh silently to myself, hoping Todley hears it, knowin she can't possibly.

Todley* I hear my mother shout for her 'Ridy' Ridley will never tell her how much she hates it. Of course not she's Mommys' angel!! She'll never hurt Mothers feelings! It makes me sick, but I let it pass, after all where would I be without Ridley? She's my light in the dark! She communicates with people for me because I can't! I hate not speaking, but I just can't! This secret will burn me alive if I don't tell! I have to, I have to find Daddy, Daddy will listen! I'm breathing hard I realize, I stop and calm myself. I can't afford to be so irrational! My secret, my secret, my secret, MY secret! Not Daddys' I feel better now. Sometimes I just lose my cool, but I found it again. I'll be fine I keep telling myself, just... don't... think... about... about... ENOUGH!!! geez I'm such a baby!
I'm staring out the window when i see Ridley running across the street to the park with a girl in a pastel blue dress. Wait what?!?! Alone with Mother?! NoNoNoNoNoNONONONO!!! She can't leave me!! She wouldn't?! "She just did, you idiot!" My rational self says. I'm starting to panic until I realize I can hear two grown woman voices. Mother has company!? Yes!! Not alone after all. I can't help but smile to myself. It's not like she hits me, or hurts me in any way, but she hates me. I know she hates me and I hate having to be alone with her and all that hatred!! Yes, she hates me. That's her secret, my secret is I know it and why, but I'll never tell because despite it all, I love Mother.
How could Ridley leave me?! Even with company here I can't stay with Mother, I have to go to Ridley. I have to go to the park.
I dont want to go, last time I went to a park I got laughed at and pushed and called names, never again I swore but here I am putting on my shoes, walking down the steps and out the front door and across the street. I'm hoping for a miracle.