Status: Rating might go up

Close Your Eyes

Date

I can't believe I agreed to this shitty date she thought bitterly.

Instead of being at the hospital or better yet relaxing at her house in her pajamas snuggled in her bed letting her aching muscles relax she was on a date…with a person she wouldn't be caught dead with.

How could she agree to this?

Oh yeah, his constant pestering and badgering made her cave in and after this date she would never see him again. All she had to do was last the night and then maybe she can go home early and let her body relax for a few hours before she went back to work.

Being in her occupation took so much energy out of her and being in a car with Tony Stark just added to the stress that she already had. The whole ride over was silent she grateful that Tony didn't say anything idiotic and spared her for the time being.

Dasha didn't want another headache to bubble up to the surface anytime soon; after a drive they soon stopped at a nice restaurant. Sure Dasha have been to restaurants at this caliber but she rather not and dine someplace more home like.

Tony raced to her side opening her car door as he held out his hand to help her out, Dasha wanted to smack his hand away but seeing the people muttering already she grumbly took his hand with the millionaire smirked in victory.

Giving his keys to the valet he wrapped his arm around her waist which was a bit too much for her as she smacked his arm away "Don't touch me" her dark eyes glared at the taller man before he mocked surrender.

"Sorry milady." that didn't stop Tony from running ahead of her and opening the door for her and bowed "After you princess." Dasha wanted to throw up at the consistent little pet names that he has been giving her.

First it was doll face then princess what was next? With his imagination she knew that he wasn't going to stop any time soon. Tony didn't stop being a gentleman as he pulled out her chair which caused her to raise a brow.

"If you think that acting nice around me is going to get you laid, think again."

"Now why would you think that was my motive Dasha? I am truly hurt by your words; you wouldn't think that I am doing this at the kindness of my heart?"

"No you wouldn't." she retorted back with a snap. Dasha wasn't an idiot she knows men like him they try to act like a pervert when a woman has a few drinks in her system and if that doesn't work they would try the gentlemen approach that would land them in a spot in panty Ville.

The doctor wasn't a fool for those kinds of foolish antics as she looked at her menu. Focusing on her menu she didn't hear the waiter introducing himself and asking what they would like to drink.

"Dash?"

"Huh?" blinking it didn't register to her that he used another nickname that no one have used before looking up she saw the waiter looking at her with a disapproving look. "Just water please."

Dasha went back to her menu trying to figure out what she wanted to eat, what was this junk? She thought, some of these things she just didn't think it would taste good. Licking her lips she thought that maybe it was safe to go with a simple meal that could never go wrong.

"Figure what you are going to eat?" Tony asked not touching his menu relaxing in his chair as he watched the woman in front of him trying to avoid his gaze at all cost. Dasha ignored him which made him scoff at her childish behavior.

Calling her name she didn't answer so he decided to call her by a nickname that he knew it would not only suit her but annoy her as well "Sunshine, hey sunshine." pressing his fingers on her menu to lower it gently on the table his gaze was met with her icy glare.

"What?" she snapped

"You know you could make this more enjoyable for the both of us and be a little nicer to me. A scowl doesn't suit a beautiful woman like you." he pointed out.

"It wasn't my fault that you kept pursuing me."

"Touche, sunshine, touché."

"What's with the nickname, huh? Sunshine? Honestly?" she crossed her arms across her chest as she looked at Tony who had a grin on his face.

"Creative right? It suits you right to the tee."

Dasha grumbled under her breath not knowing why she was on this date, it will be over soon she thought. She kept repeating that to herself praying that this would be a speedy date. When the waiter came around they both order and Tony was surprised that a woman like Dasha would order steak.

Dasha saw the look that he was giving her and asked what was wrong with him; he shrugged "Nothing just thought you weren't the steak type of woman."

"Oh? What type of woman did you think I am?" challenging him with a look.

"Classy, someone who probably watches her figure but as of now I say that you don't care what you eat and don't give a damn what I think of you."

Damn straight she thought as her lips pursed in a straight line. The more she looked at him the more she saw how much Tony looked out of place in this restaurant. Tony looked like a man who was more lively than this place, sure he was an asshole like everyone else in this place but he didn't have those manners that everyone supposedly has in this place.

"Why did you bring me to this place? Doesn't seem like your forte." she commented.

Tony sat there in silence seeing that even though this woman barely knew him already guessed that being at this certain scene wasn't his type of having fun. He hated going to fancy restaurants he was just happy with burgers or whoppers in his case.

Tony was a simple guy when it came to food, why spend so much money on food that tasted like crap when you can have food that cost way less and was more fulfilling? He leaned forward in confidence "Because I know my women and women like you like places like these."

He wasn't going to lie to her and say he didn't know. Tony was confident even not to lie to her about anything; he was a blunt person after all and since Dasha was a hard shell to crack he was trying to be himself which would make her cave faster than him being fake.

When their dinners were set before them they started to eat, Dasha disregarded Tony as she started to eat her steak that she ordered. Cutting the juicy meat as the taste swirled in her mouth let her moan in satisfaction. It has been way too long since she had a meal like this; she has been too busy with work to even have a meal like this.

"That good huh? I bet I can make you feel even better than that piece of meat that you have you on your plate."

Taking another bite of her steak she retorted back, "This piece of meat has been giving me more satisfaction than you have for the past few weeks."

"Ouch that hurts sunshine." right in the middle of her giving a snappy comeback her beeper made a sound as she grabbed her purse and rummaging through to find the item. Grabbing it she saw it was the hospital that messaged her an emergency code.

Dasha paused at her eating her meal before she quickly got up from her seat, "Where are you going?"

"I gotta get back to work." grabbing her things she spun around and quickly walked out of the restaurant to see if she can find a cab to take her to the hospital. The freezing air of Malibu shifted around her as she crossed her arms walking to the entrance calling a cab.

"Now wait a second." She felt Tony grab her arm "We haven't finished our date yet, why do you have to go to work? Trying to make an excuse to get away from me?"

Dasha's eyes narrowed at him "Trust me I wouldn't have to make an excuse to get away from you. I'm not pitiful."

Tony sighed seeing that she was serious and offered her a ride, hating that the date was cut short which ended his plans faster than he had planned he parked in front of the hospital. "You owe me another date!" he shouted when she made a mad dash to the entrance.

She quickly ran towards the nurse that was on duty on her wing asking what was wrong, "Scott became unstable again and he has been going berserk for the past hour."

"Didn't you give him sedatives?" she asked walking at the same pace as the nurse heading towards the room.

The nurse nodded "Yes but for some reason it's not taking any effect on him that last more than several minutes."

Dasha did find that weird as she hurried the room that Scott was in, thinking about what she should do she told the nurse that she would take care of it. He was her patient after all; it was odd that the sedatives didn't work. He shouldn't be awake at the moment she thought.

Walking through the open door she saw him looking out the window clutching his white sheets, "Scott?" he turned his attention to her. The young boy was sickly pale as his eyes pierced through her as the dark circles around his eyes made it clear that he hasn't been sleeping.

The conflicting expression on his face turned into an angry one when he saw the doctor standing near his doorway. "Go away." he hissed. Scott didn't want anyone coming near him since all they have been doing was trying to poison him.

"I'm here to help. What's going on Scott? Everything alright?" Dasha knew nothing was alright but maybe the small boy would open up to her if she questioned him.

Scott stayed silent as the anger on his face became more evident as he sneered at her "It's none of your business." she pursed her lips as she looked at the eleven year old boy that was laying on his bed.

She stepped closer which made his face turn from sheer anger to fear in a matter of seconds, "S-Stay back!!" he shouted.

She ignored his threats but she paused when he weakly said "Please…don't hurt me." Dasha didn't know what to say to that, didn't know how to deal with a patient like him. Scott was special, something has happened to him to make him this afraid but she wouldn't jump to conclusions.

"I'm not going to hurt you." she murmured back "What's the point of hurting you when I'm trying to help you get better?" she smiled weakly wanting to gain his trust. He stiffened when she walked closer to him.

Dasha's heart pumped loudly in her ears as she reached towards his head was when he snatched her hand violently trembling, demanding her to get away from him. She let her other hand touch his head which silence him in a matter of seconds, the dark skin woman gazed at the boy that was sleeping before her.

All her focus was on Scott as she walked out of his room with a tired sigh rubbing the back of her neck. Dasha went to the bathroom and cleaned the makeup that covered her face, so much for a relaxing night she thought bitterly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, their date was cut short. Never planned on it ending perfectly and introducing a new character, Scott :) He will be in the story for a while, hope you like him as much as I do. Thank you BlueDreams and punkrockerballerina for your wonderful and kind comments and thoughts. You girls rock as well as my silent readers.