Amicus Mortis

ONE

It was called St John’s and it was a fucking hellhole.

I was greeted by a woman wearing all white, who took a second to look me up and down in disdain before smiling forcedly. She led me through moss coloured walls into a small room; the desk covered in vases of sunflowers and a ridiculous painting of a rainbow hanging from the wall. I asked her how she expected to help me, and with a smile she said that God looked down on these walls. I asked her if he’d mind tuning out on my room every day for at least ten minutes, because I didn’t know if he’d be comfortable with seeing me jerk off.

I think she thought I was a nymphomaniac, because she pulled her stiff blouse up even higher against her neck line and turned her eyes away. I was tempted to tell her that I wouldn’t fuck her even if God told her it would cure me, but instead I simply drummed my fingers against the desk and stared warily at the painting on the wall.

After the usual questions she smiled tightly and stood up to walk me to my room, leading me down a hallway with white walls and through a small dining room. There were people sitting at the table and they watched me as I walked by, and because I liked to cause trouble I told them to turn the fuck away and get back to eating their goddamn dinner.

The woman turned to tell me that I was being inappropriate, and so I told her that I was sorry and that I’d reconcile with God later. She simply looked at me in disdain before turning away and tugging her blouse up even higher.

It was then that I saw her. And I guess I stared, because I suppose she might’ve been beautiful with the rest of her sketched in and a less sombre look on her face. But for now she was a ghost, just walking down the hall, and as she looked at me I wondered whether I was really seeing anything at all.

“Evan, dear, everyone else is having dinner in the dining room. Why don’t you join them?”

She looked away from me then and at the woman, her face settling into a glare. And then she walked away – disappearing just as quickly as she’d came, and she slammed her door shut so violently that I couldn’t help the way my lips curved.

It was silent for a few moments as the woman stared at the closed door in disapproval.

“How inappropriate,” I said, still staring at the door with curled lips. “People can be so disrespectful.”

The woman glared at me and then hastily led me to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will have relatively short chapters -- about 500-600 words each, and so updates will be pretty quick.

This is different than anything I've ever written. I hope you all like it! XD