Status: Just starting up!

Two Months With One Direction 2

Chapter Two

I wasn’t sure where I was going, I just needed a moment to think. I sure as heck wasn’t going anywhere near the house, so I took off in an eastward direction. I hopped the short wooden fence that led to a horse pasture, before continuing on my way. I considered going down to the creek, but it had become considerably cooler in temperature as the day progressed. I then headed towards one of the stables, throwing open the big doors before climbing up a big stack of hay.

Once I was a few feet above the ground, I finally allowed myself to think. I had been wondering all afternoon why Hazel and Annette had been acting so funny, I guess I had my answer now. The boys had been on the same flight as them, and they wanted to be sure I was gone before they went to rent a car. How had they gotten the key to the guest house though? One of the girls must have told them where we keep the spare...dang them.

I guess the initial shock is out of the way now, it’s just been so long since I’ve seen them though. Of course we all talk every now and then, and I hear from Harry at least once a day...but it’s different in person. But now that I really think about it, I shouldn’t be wasting my time away from them. They’re probably not staying long, maybe just a night or two, three tops. They must have made this a joint trip or something, and after visiting us they’re going to go to L.A. or New York..yeah, I’m sure that’s what they’re doing.

With this in mind, I made the decision to quit acting like a child and get myself back in that guest house. As I was making my descent, I heard a few voices wafting from outside.

“She’s probably not in there, Niall, I doubt she would have ran this far anyway.”

“I might as well check anyways, Haze, it’s worth a shot.”

“Alright, well I’m going to head back, it’s chilly out here.”

“Okay.”

I leaned up against the wall, waiting for him to enter. As the doors started to move and his head popped in, his eyes landed on me almost immediately.

“Clary!” He exclaimed, pushing the door the rest of the way and walking in.

“Hey,” I mumbled, glancing at my shoes.

I laughed once I felt him pull me into a hug, instantly putting my arms around him too. “You had me worried, don’t go running off like that.”

I rolled my eyes before pushing him away. “I was gone for what, barely five minutes? Besides, I grew up here, not like I’d get lost or anything.”

“I know, but still. Everyone went to look for you.”

I sighed. “Great, you all just got here and I’m already causing you trouble. Let’s go tell them you found me.”

“Alright,” He started to lead the way back towards the door, making sure I was following behind. “I missed you, Clary. Why haven’t you been replying to my texts?” He asked once we’d been walking a few seconds.

“Sorry, I’ve been really busy with school lately. Just ask Harry, I’ve barely been able to talk to him.”

“Ah,” He said in realization, “I guess that’s why he’s been so mopey lately.”

I laughed. “Has he really?”

“Yep, like you wouldn’t believe. You should have seen him on the plane, I thought he was going to break into the cockpit and start flying the plane to make us get here faster.”

I laughed again as he said this with an exasperated look. “I would have loved to seen that.”

He looked at me crazily. “I wouldn’t have, he would have killed us all! Flying a plane is much different than driving a car.”

“How would you know, you can’t even drive.”

He sent me a look. “I don’t have time to learn.”

“Harry did,” I shot back.

He mumbled something under his breath that I didn’t bother asking him to repeat, for we were back at the house by now.

“You go on in, I’ll go make sure no one else is still running around looking for you.”

I hit his arm. “Don’t say it like I’m a bother.”

“But you are,” He replied, jumping out of the way as I tried to hit him again. I stuck my tongue out as he started to leave, before pushing open the door to the guest house once more.

I sheepishly peered around the side to see if anyone was there. Luckily the hall was empty, but I started to regret my decision of coming back here once I heard raised voices from the living room.

“This is all your fault!”

My fault? How in the world is this my fault, Harry?”

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to figure out what was going on, before pressing my ear to the door.

“Because you’re the one who suggested we come here to surprise her! She bloody ran away from us, Lou!” His voice came out quiet and pained as he continued, “...She ran away from me.”

“Oh, Haz...” Louis began, lowering his voice too, “She wasn’t running away from you, she was just overwhelmed by the entirety of the situation.”

“Didn’t you see her face when she saw me though? I could practically see her skin blanch within a second. She was horrified.”

“Not by you, trust me. She was already pretty shocked, just seeing you sent her over the edge....wait, that didn’t come out right.”

Harry sighed. “I know what you mean, Lou. I just think we should have given her at least a little bit of warning before dumping ourselves on her...I mean, we’re going to be here for a week after all.”

“A week?!” I asked loudly, clamping my hand over my mouth but it was already too late. I mentally face palmed myself as the door swung open.

“Eavesdropping, huh? That’s very naughty of you,” Louis smirked down at me.

I sent him a pointed look before brushing past him. Harry was half-standing in front of the couch, as if he had been sitting and was unsure rather to rise or not. Once I came into clear view of him, I stopped walking and he straightened up.

“Um, right, I’ll just leave you to it then,” Murmured Louis from the door, I could already hear the jokes he’s bound to make about this whole situation later, once I’ve calmed down enough. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

Harry looked past me, until the sound of the door closing echoed. His eyes then shifted mine, where I was watching him cautiously.

I don’t know how long we stood there looking at each, or how we both started walking towards each other at the same moment. All I know is what it felt like to have his arms around me again, after months of being a part. Every worry I had merely seconds ago, melted away. All that mattered right now was him, and that’s all I needed.

“Clary,” He breathed, with an arm wrapped protectively around my waist and the other hand smoothing down my hair.

I smiled at the sound of him saying my name and the kiss he softly placed on my forehead before we both pulled back to look at each other. His hair has gotten wilder, if possible. But I liked it. His green eyes never left my face as he watched my appraise him.

“Do I meet your standards?” He asked with a raised eyebrow, I lifted my eyes back up to his.

“Depends if I meet yours,” I replied back instantly.

“You exceed mine, you have no idea how beautiful you are,” He said in the most sincere tone I’d ever heard him use.

“Alright, alright. I guess you’re good enough...for now...” I said teasingly, hitting his arm as he looked at me skeptically.

I grinned at him and stood on my tiptoes in order to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. I then grabbed his hand and started dragging him behind me towards the door.

“Where are we going?” He questioned, I could tell he was smiling by the sound of voice.

“To find the others, my drama queen moment is over,” I responded without looking back at him.

He groaned. “Do we really have to find them right now? I’ve been with them all constantly for the past week, I was hoping I could spend the rest of the day with you...”

I didn’t let him see my face, because I didn’t want him to know how happy I was that he said that. But still... “I haven’t seen them in forever, Harry. Let’s all hang out today, then we’ll spend time together all day tomorrow. Deal?”

He huffed. “Okay. You’ve got to show me around town, since we didn’t get to look around much last time.”

I laughed. “Well, last time we were here together it was under completely different circumstances. I’m sure we could find another wedding to attend if you’d like to though.”

“No, that’s fine,” He said dismissively, matching his stride to mine so we were now walking side by side. “Where are the others?”

“I’m assuming in the main house,” I pointed in front of me, “See? The lights are all on.”

“Oh yeah. What do you think they’re doing?” He wondered.

“Definitely making a mess.”

He laughed at that. “Definitely.”

We had reached the stairs that led to the side doorway by now, and I braced myself as I turned the knob. As expected, absolute chaos enveloped me.

The sound of pots clattering to the floor instantly met my ears, and I found Niall quickly bending down to retrieve them.

“NIALL! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH THOSE, THEY’RE MRS. MONROE’S GOOD POTS!” Yelled Annette.

“Sorry, I’m getting them! Geez...” He muttered, shoving them roughly back in the cabinets.

Hazel and Liam were rummaging through the pantry while something started to steam from the stove. Louis and Zayn were nowhere to be found, which worried me.

“Guys!” I shouted, hoping they would notice me. When they didn’t turn around, I yelled louder. “GUYS!”

Niall dropped the remaining pots he was holding in surprise as everyone else whipped their heads toward me. I walked forward into the kitchen and placed my hands on my hips.

“What do you think you all are doing?” I demanded, looking between them sternly.

“The boys were hungry, we were going to help them prepare some spaghetti,” Answered Hazel meekly, holding up a box of noodles.

I raised an eyebrow before gesturing to the wall. “Does making spaghetti even require flour? Look at the mess y’all made, this is ridiculous!”

“Sorry...” They responded simultaneously.

I sighed. “It’s fine, just make sure you clean up after yourselves. I mean it, this place better be spotless or I’m kicking you all off of my property.”

“Technically this isn’t your property, it’s your parents and.....we’ll clean it up,” Annette finished differently as I shot daggers towards her.

“Where’s Louis and Zayn?” I questioned, looking around to make sure I hadn’t missed them hiding anywhere. It’d be just like them to try and pop out and scare me.

“I believe they are downstairs, they were quite interested by that pinball machine,” Responded Liam from his place at the stove. He and Hazel were pouring noodles into a pot.

I groaned. “They’ve probably broken something by now.”

Harry walked up beside me and tugged on my arm. “I’m sure they haven’t, where’s the door to the stairs?”

I smiled slightly at him before leading him to the basement door at the end of the kitchen. I pulled it open and glanced in the music room directly across the platform, and was relieved to find the light off. I was taken aback by the scene before me once I turned to face the main basement room though.

“Louis, you can’t use that pillow as a shield, that’s cheating!”

“Well, it’s not very fair of you to duck behind the couch either, is it?” Louis shot back.

They continued to bicker as I stood there with my mouth hanging open. The room was completely disastrous; everything was an enormous mess. The couch and coffee tables were flipped on their sides, pillows were strewn everywhere, books from the bookcase were laying open on the floor, and that was only the beginning. I sank down to the top step and watched helplessly as the pair started to shoot at each other with Nerf guns. How could they make such a mess in a matter of minutes?

“What in the world do you two think you’re doing?”

Zayn and Louis stopped dead in their tracks, as their eyes snapped up to meet Harry’s. I glanced up at him to find him standing there fuming, with his arms crossed and everything.

Zayn looked apologetic instantly, as Louis sheepishly grinned over towards us. Probably plotting something out in his mind to say to us as an excuse.

“Well, we thought you two would take awhile making up in the other house so we decided to entertain ourselves here while the others made dinner,” Louis began, twirling the weapon around his hand.

“Look around you, Lou. This place is completely trashed. How would you like it if someone did this to your flat?” Harry retorted.

He thought about it before answering. “If it was all in good fun, I’d be fine with it.”

“Sure you would,” Harry replied skeptically. “You two are going to clean this up.”

Louis snorted. “We’re the guests here, we shouldn’t have to clean anything!” He yelped when Zayn elbowed him in the side.

“Harry’s right, we were completely taking advantage of the situation at hand,” Zayn stated before looking to me, “I’m sorry, Clary.”

“It’s fine,” I said, and watched as the other two glared at Louis. He pretended not to notice them, so Zayn shot him in the cheek with a dart.

“Ow!” He rubbed his cheek and sent Zayn a hard look before looking down at his feet. “I’m sorry, Clary...I’ll help Zayn clean up.”

I smiled. “It’s okay boys. Just make sure you take the Nerf gun fights outside next time, alright?”

This made him crack a grin as well. “Certainly!”

I laughed as they set to work about cleaning up the room, then I stood up next to Harry. He led me back into the kitchen where dinner was almost ready.

Harry went to help Annette set the table, and I stopped next to Niall who was “testing” the spaghetti.

“Any good?” I asked.

He grinned. “Very. Want to try some?”

He didn’t really give me a chance to answer, before he shoved his fork into my mouth.

After almost choking from the sudden food going down my throat, I nodded my head. “Yeah, that’s really good. Besides the Niall germs, you know?”

He stuck his tongue out at me before scooping his fork back into the pot. “Not like I have cooties...”

I snatched his fork from him and placed it on the counter. “We can’t be so sure, so don’t be sticking your silverware back into the pot once you’ve ate off of it.”

“Yes, mum,” He answered sarcastically, digging through the drawer to find a clean fork.

I rolled my eyes before going to take a seat in the dining room, which was luckily big enough to fit all of us together. Harry was already sitting down, and so I took the seat next to him.

He smiled pleasantly at me before leaning over and putting an arm around my shoulders.

“Just like old times, right?”

I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder. “Yeah, but this time it’s better.”

“EW, STOP BEING CUTE! IT’S KILLING ME!” Annette screamed as she entered the room with some rolls.

I giggled and pushed Harry away from me, sending her a pointed look. “Happy?”

“Yes, thank you. Know what else would make me happy? If Liam would hurry up and bring the spaghetti in here so the boys can eat. We need to catch you up on everything that’s happened in the last few months!”

“True. I have missed a lot, haven’t I?”

“Yes, that’s what I basically just said. BOYS, HAZEL! GET IN HERE! WE NEED TO TALK!”

I shook my head as she ran out of the room screaming after them, to find Harry looking at me with an amused expression.

“What?” I questioned.

He just smiled and said, “This week is going to be better than last time, isn’t?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK YOU GUYS, LET ME EXPLAIN!

First off, I am so sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've had half of this ready but then so much has came up, especially in school. A lot of good opportunities are being presented to me right now and I need to focus on my academics in order for some good things to happen. But no, I'm not going to stop writing, it's probably just going to be updated on the weekends now. :)

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, AND recommending! I can't believe how quickly so many of you found this story, I think there was like 30 subscribers by the end of the first day I posted this? AHHH and now there's like 54! Thanks :D

Anyway, sorry for such a long author's note and if you truly read it, props to you, you're a really cool person. You're all really cool people anyway!

Where Fate Takes Us may be updated by Sunday night, if you care.... ;)