Status: ♥ Completed ♥

She's a Rebel, She's a Saint

Tell Me The Truth

On Sunday morning, I was steeping out of my daily morning shower, about to get ready to go to my parent’s house like I did every Sunday. I pulled the bright white robe around my body and passed a brush through my wet hair that was slowly turning into the unruly curls that I despised as it dried. I picked up my phone to see I had a text from my mom and I easily slid my thumb across the slick screen to check who it was from.

From: Mommy
Ashley, don’t forget you promised me and Sophia that you’ll bring us with you to work ~Tashie
the text read, reminding me that my sisters insisted on tagging along when I went to work today because Natasha wanted to see the studio and Sophia wanted to be part of whatever her older sisters were doing.

I placed my phone down on the counter and turned to walk to my room. I heard the knock at my door and I sighed as I walked over to it with my hair still dropping small droplets of water onto the shiny wooden floors. I pulled the door open and was met with bright green eyes and a curly head of hair.

"Harry," I began in confusion, "What are you doing here? How did you even know where I lived?"

"I realize I made an ass of myself yesterday at the wedding because of the way I came on to you," he said, "So, I texted Gabs and asked her to tell me where you lived."

"You think that knowing where I lived and showing up unannounced would make you look like less of an ass?" I asked in sheer disbelief.

Harry shrugged his shoulders.

“What didn’t you just call me? I have a really busy day today and I don’t know if I’ll have time to do anything different than what I have planned, besides what makes you think I’ll go along with anything you said?”

"No, I know that you won't. That is exactly why I'm going to take you out for breakfast today." Harry said, stepping into my flat when I moved out of the doorway.

"I can't go anywhere today. I'm going to my parent’s house today before work, I promised my sisters I would bring them along so they can see what it’s like. Plus, I go to have breakfast with them every Sunday." I said, explaining the situation.

"I don’t mind, I’ll tag along." he suggested.

“My sisters are in love with your band, they weren’t all over you yesterday because they were under strict orders by Gab.” I said, not wanting to be too embarrassed if I showed up with him.

“How did they react to Gabriella marrying Liam if they are in love with the band?” he asked.

“Gab’s like their sister so they’ve hung out with Liam a few times before. The first time they freaked out but after that I think they just saw him as a big brother that just happened to be famous.”

“Well, I don’t mind being attacked by them.” he joked.

I shrugged my shoulders, walking to my bedroom to get dressed in the first clean clothes I saw. I did my makeup and dried my hair so that it fell in long, voluminous waves instead of the unruly curls they were naturally in. I put a small amount of eyeliner around my oversized blue eyes and walked back to the living room to find Harry sitting on the couch, looking around curiously.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him as I stopped walking when I stood just a few steps away from him, the sound of the clicking of my six-inch heels that I almost always were to make me of a normal height no longer resonating throughout the house and echoing off the walls.

He nodded his head and stood up from his comfortable spot on my plush couch.

"Everything's fine actually, your flat is just really nice and very clean. I hope you don't mind me asking, but how can you afford this place by yourself?" he asked me.

"Oh, well my boyfriend owns a few clubs and stuff like that around the city, so he was able to help me and put down the down payment of a few thousand dollars and I pay the monthly rent." I answered, noticing his eyes widen when I said the word 'boyfriend.'

"You have a boyfriend?" he asked, sounding slightly hurt by the fact that nobody bothered to tell him earlier.

"Well, if you want to call it that." I said as I gestured for him to follow me outside and into the hallway as I led him to the stairwell.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"He's thirty eight," I began as I watched his eyes widen even more, "And he has a few kids."

"Thirty eight, I know I tend to go after people older than me but that seems a bit much. How old are his kids?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"They're all in their teens." I said as I opened the door to the stairwell and he followed me in confusion.

"Is the elevator out of order? It seemed to be working fine when I was in it just a few moments ago."

"No," I began with a blush that I was thankful he couldn't see, "I have a weird phobia of elevators."

Even though I couldn't see him, I could tell he was nodding his head.

"I understand it. I suppose everyone’s scared of something, like Liam's scared of spoons." he said, making me chuckle and nod my head.

"Yeah, Gab told me a while back and I laughed for hours."

Harry chuckled again and I opened another door that led to the parking lot of the large building and walked to my expensive car, knowing Harry was following me.

"So, I'm not even going to ask how you can afford this." he said as he got in the passenger seat and I chuckled, "By the way, how old are your boyfriends kids?" he asked me.

"Well, he has four. There's Christopher who's twenty and from a different mother than the others. Then there's Angelique and Robin, they're twins and twelve. His other child is named Lindsey and she's eighteen." I said, clearing my throat at the last sentence.

"Really, that's cool I guess. How old are you, like twenty something?" he asked, probably confused as to why i was dating a thirty eight year old with so many children.

"Actually I recently turned eighteen." I told him, watching his jaw drop open.

"You're eighteen and he's thirty eight, isn't that a little much?"

"I'm sorry to say it, but I don't really think you're one to judge. Your ex-girlfriend was practically being paid to babysit you every day." I joked, him laughing when I was done talking.

He nodded his head and laughed more.

"So," he began when he quieted down, "How long has he been divorced?"

I felt my grip on the steering wheel tighten and I gulped the air in my mouth down loudly as I set my eyes straight out on the road in front of me.

"He's not. He's actually been married for almost twenty years." I said with guilt washing over my features.

Harry didn't say anything and I could tell he was thinking my situation over in his head, wondering what he should say next to the girl sitting beside him with a steering wheel in her hands.

"I love your accent." he said randomly after a few moments of silence, making me chuckle.

"I love yours too." I admitted, "I've always been a fan of British accents but I like your voice."

"Where are you from," he began to ask, "I can't really put my finger on it by your accent. It seems to be mixed with something else."

"I was born in Spain and I lived there until I was fifteen. One of my mom’s is a chemist and she got a really good job offering here so we all moved over here." I explained, watching him perk up when I said one of my mom’s.

"What do you mean by that?" he began to ask again, seeking very interested in my personal life, "Do you have more than one mum?"

"Well my parents are lesbians. I call one mom and the other dad. My mom is the one that gave birth to my sisters and I, and my daddy is her lover."

He had nothing more to say as we pulled into the driveway of my parents beautiful home.

"Can you just do me a favor while we're in there since you insisted on coming along?" I asked.

"Of course, but only as long as at the end of this you don't still think I'm a complete fool." he said, making me chuckle slightly even though I nodded.

"Just pretend you weren’t extremely shocked and confused about the whole lesbian thing. Can you just try to pretend we’re a normal family?" I asked, watching him nod.

We got out of the car and walked to my parent’s front door, my 'dad' answering in with a smile on her full lips and her hazel eyes shining happily.

"Hi baby," she said happily as she pulled me in for a hug, "I almost thought you weren't coming over today. Sophia's going crazy in here."

I chuckled and stepped away from her. Watching her eyes move over to where Harry stood next to me looking incredibly sexy slightly frightened at th thought of meeting my family even though there was a confident look seamlessly etched on his face that I was able to see right through.

"Hi, I didn't see you there," my 'dad' said as she stuck her hand out for Harry to shake, "I'm Rachael."

"I'm Harry," he said with his green eyes shining and a smirk on his face, "I'm Ashley's boyfriend."

Motherfucker
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, recommend and subscribe. This is my new story so I want to see how many people like it before I get really into it. Please check out some of my other stories as well.