The Black Lupin

Introduction

She woke up the next morning rolling over to see the wall and she pushed herself up, she looked around to see she was in Regulus’ room. She got up and walked downstairs grabbing the goblet near the fire and drinking it before complaining at the taste of the potion. “Severus not making nice tasting potions?” a voice asked and she smiled shaking her head “He’s mean that one, you feeling any better?” she nodded and he leant against the door.

She spent the rest of the day roaming around the house and sitting in Regulus’ room, she heard voices downstairs and got up “Sirius you know it’s not a good thing to talk to yourself” she said as she walked downstairs. She walked into the dining room “Remy, what the hell happened to you?” a voice shouted and she looked up to see Remus stood staring at her wide eyed, “I told you to stay calm” “Stay calm, you never said she looked like that! Remy what happened?” Remus asked.

He grabbed her arm and she pulled away quickly “Nothing happened, leave me alone. I’m going” she replied turning to leave “Remy Grace Lupin you’ll stay where you are!” Sirius ordered and she looked around at him “Sirius Black the third you will pay for this!” she shouted back at him and he smirked.

“What happened?” Remus repeated “You happened, I got this because I didn’t bring you lot back to him dead. The Carrow’s sending for him didn’t do much in my favour!” she argued and Remus just nodded knowing when to hold his tongue with her. “Why are you here?” she asked and Sirius laughed as he sat down “Remy you’ve always been a polite little girl haven’t you” he joked and she glared at him.

“Your brother and Tonks are here to see us both, Remus wants to introduce someone to you” Sirius explained and Remus mumbled something “Go on Remus” Sirius coaxed and Remus looked at her “Remy, I want you to meet Tonks, Tonks this is my little sister Remy” he said looking at the woman at his side and Remy looked her up and down.

“I remember you, Nymphadora Tonks” “She prefers Tonks” Sirius cut in and Remy nodded “Nymphadora Tonks, half blood. Born to Andromeda Black and Ted Tonks, the latter being a muggle born” Remy stated and Remus shook his head, “Remy must you be so horrible to people, can’t you for once just say hello or nod?” he growled at her and she looked at him.

“A Hufflepuff as well if I remember right and she’s 13 years younger than you, wow Remus you really do impress” she said calmly sitting down and Sirius kicked her under the table “So what if she’s…” “Remus leave it” Tonks whispered. “It’s nice to meet you Remy” Tonks offered and Remy nodded. “I’d imagine it is” “Remy don’t be so foul, how do you ever expect to get anywhere with anyone when all you do is look down on them and treat them as if they’re not worth anything? You’re a half blood too I remind you and therefore no better than Tonks” Remus shouted at her and she stayed sat down.

“Remus I don’t expect to get anywhere with anyone, I know where I’m going and who I am. I did not come here for your respect” “Well you won’t get it acting this way” Remus argued keeping hold of Tonks’ hand. She pushed the chair back getting up “Here we go” Sirius whispered and she turned to face Remus “Remus I care very little for your respect, why would I want respect from you! I stopped wanting anything from you when you had me kicked out of my own home at 13 years old” she snapped back and he shook his head.

Remus Lupin was a very laid back man, he would play peacemaker in most situations and very rarely lost his temper but his little sister always seemed to push the right buttons and turn him into some argumentative, hot-headed person. “You got yourself kicked out when you started hanging around with those idiots, I told you they were all a bunch of no good idiots who would end up getting you killed” Remus shouted, “I would like to remind you Remus that one of those was my brother” Sirius cut in.

“Yeah and look what happened, they proved me right. They’re all dead and you’re heading that way, they all died from their own foolish greed and want for power, they deserved it!” Remus snapped regretting it almost instantly. Before he had a chance to take it back a wand was pointing straight at him “How dare you!” Remy said coldly, “Don’t you dare!” Sirius warned pointing his own wand at Remy “You leave her alone!” Remus ordered aiming his wand at Sirius.

“I’ll kill him,” Remy stated, “Not if I get to you first!” “Oh Sirius shut up, we both know you won’t kill me” she cut back “If you hurt Remus I will!” he replied. “Don’t threaten her,” Remus snapped, “Don’t you stick up for me, and I can fight my own battles!” Remy shouted. “Okay everyone take a deep breath and lower your wands, we’re not going to duel each other” Sirius said and they all slowly lowered their wands.

“Sirius Black how dare you raise your wand at me after I saved your life” she said looking hurt and he laughed “You were hardly quick to save me, I thought you were going to let him kill me” “Yeah well if I didn’t…” she trailed off sitting down again. “Didn’t what? Come on finish the sentence” he smirked and she looked at him shaking her head “If I hadn’t grown accustomed to your presence I might have just done it” “Remy you don’t fool me, you like me” he bragged as the others sat down.

“No Sirius I just hated Greyback, useless he really was. He’d never complete a job, too busy spreading that filthy affliction he has, he’d been warned several times,” she explained. Sirius started to talk to her brother and Tonks whilst Remy sat watching them closely, “Not that I don’t find this charming but why exactly is this happening?” she cut across them and Remus turned to Tonks “Trust me you get used to her” Remus whispered.

“Having dinner seeing as you can’t go near school children in your state, plus we can talk plans” “Plans?” she said “Yes, you want us to protect Draco so we need something in return” Sirius stated. “Sorry I thought I was providing you with what you wanted without you lot risking anything!” she snapped.

“Such as?” Sirius asked, “Such as I’m going around betraying him and you lot just get to see it happen, what more could you possibly want from me?” “Your honesty, you want our help you become a member of The Order. You work with us and you do what we ask of you, you don’t get everything for free in this place” Remus replied and she looked at him. “No, I do not work for you! I am not a member of your stupid little club, which by the way will end up being destroyed” “Then we won’t help you or Draco, we treat you as members of his little group” Remus stated.

“Do not talk to me that way Remus, you remember who your taking to,” she warned “Yes I am, my little sister who should respect me for being her big brother” he lectured and she smiled “Never going to happen Remus!” she argued and Sirius cut in. “Remy join us like Severus has” he said and she looked at him “Severus is in a very dangerous position, one more dangerous than mine! I do my work without his knowledge, Severus doesn’t. He isn’t as trusted as you think, sadly Severus is sending himself towards death” she explained.

“So join us, what have you to lose? We won’t tell anyone you are with us but we will protect Draco, that’s what you want isn’t it?” Sirius asked and she looked at the table “Fine but only for Draco” “Good” Remus said smiling at Sirius. “But if you put him in danger or don’t keep your side of this I will take my place at the dark lord’s side” she warned and Sirius nodded.

“We’ll protect him” he reassured “So Remus how’s guard duty been going?” Sirius asked and they all started talking, Remy looked between them a few times before getting up and walking off. “Did I do something wrong?” Tonks asked quietly “No she’s always been like it, she just walks off from people. If you’d upset her you’d now” Remus reassured and Tonks nodded. “Remus you need to tell her who Tonks really is because you know its better to let her get it all out her system now” “If I tell her we’ll never hear the end of it, a werewolf marrying a half blood. Come on Sirius you know what the girl’s like” Remus reasoned and Sirius shook his head.

“Look Remus I know she’s a bit harsh sometimes but…” “A bit harsh, need I remind you of all the things she’s done to us and who knows who else over the years. It hurts to say it but she’s probably bad to the core” Remus cut in and Sirius sighed standing up. “Remus just give her space to breathe! She’s got a lot on her shoulders” he lectured walking off.