The Black Lupin

Return

She sat down at the table in the kitchen, “Kreacher I was wondering if you and I could have a little talk” she stated and the house elf bowed as he faced her, “Well did master Regulus ever comeback to this house without me?” “Kreacher cannot tell you, that is a secret” he answered her and she groaned.

She waved her wand and food appeared on the table followed by pumpkin juice, “Oh, good morning” Hermione smiled as he walked in and Remy nodded half smiling at her. “Kreacher you must tell me if Regulus ever returned without me” “Kreacher can tell you he came back a few times without you” he admitted and she nodded.

“And was he alone?” Kreacher nodded, “What was he doing? Did he ever mention horcruxes in this house?” she quizzed “Kreacher cannot tell you, this is Master Regulus’ secret and Kreacher must guard it” “Kreacher I need to know, I have to find out. You must tell me,” she ordered.

“Kreacher must tell you nothing, you are not his master and after hearing what Master Sirius said to you last…” “Kreacher that’s enough! You tell her what she wants to know and you do not speak of these things!” Sirius growled from behind them making everyone jump. “Master Regulus came back to sort things out for when he made an escape and planned for Mistress Lupin to go with him, he was planning to go into hiding. This is all Kreacher knows” he answered looking angry before ambling off.

Sirius looked up at Hermione who smiled rolling her eyes “Don’t worry” she offered and he smiled at her, they sat eating in relative silence until finally everyone was up. “The locket I gave you, did you destroy it?” Hermione nodded slowly, “Look I don’t know exactly where and what these things are, Regulus would never tell me. He probably thought I’d go looking myself or that I’d get him in trouble. All I know is that they’re important to him and so are the places, that diary was in the chamber of secrets because only he could get in there; well so he thought” she explained as the others watched her playing with the edge of the table.

“That locket belongs to Slytherin himself, the horcrux you had us all searching for in the woodland has been missing a long time. I knew it wasn’t in that woodland because it lay in the home of his mothers family, but someone realised there’d be one there and he moved it to the mansion in the village that was his fathers” she admitted as people watched her and she felt Sirius’ hand grab hers under the table.

“I would say they’re related to Hogwarts, that place was his only true home. He’s obsessed with 7; it’s the most magical number. The diary, the locket and a ring” “A ring?” Harry asked and she nodded. “I don’t know why it’s important, but I recognise that curse and it’s dark magic. It’s destroying the person who’s wearing it but I think you need to ask them all about that one” she replied.

“Look I can’t find out what they are, I’m not meant to know they exist and I don’t think anyone is supposed to know. All I know is that Regulus died in the process, Dumbledore is dying and he’s passed that task to you. This isn’t something we all do, this is dangerous and darker than I ever thought,” she admitted.

“Dumbledore?” Hermione quizzed and she nodded as Severus glared at her “He’s suffered a dark curse and that would only come from darker magic than I can imagine. I suggest you ask him all about that ring” she said and they all discussed it as Sirius smiled at Remy and Hermione tried not to smile, they agreed to apparate back to Hogsmeade together saying goodbye and Remy grabbed her brother hugging him.

“Keep safe Remy” he smiled letting her go and Sirius followed her to the door, “I hope you’re going to keep visiting again, you kept me sane these last few months” Sirius mumbled and she nodded hugging him. “I’m going to miss the lavender smell, you’re both welcome here. It’ll all be over soon,” he offered as he pulled away kissing her hand, she held her hand out.

“Professor Lupin?” she heard spinning around to see Draco, “Can we talk please?” he quizzed and I nodded walking in to my office and he followed me, “Christmas, where were you?” he asked and she looked at him “I was otherwise engaged Draco, I am sorry I was not present. I thought you were staying at the castle” she replied sitting on her desk and he shook his head.

“I was until I got called, I spent the holidays at my house…with Ollivander”