Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

Best friends.

"If you can't hang, then there's the door baby." I heard my best friend's famous breakup line as I entered his house. The girl he was just talking to flying past me.

"Kellin?" I stated creaking his door open to find him sitting on his bed shirtless in just a pair a jeans. 

"Scarlett!" he smiled as I entered his room and held his arms out for me to embrace him. 

I welcomed his hug happily, he rubbed 
my back as he always does. Me and Kellin have been close ever since our freshman year and we were about to graduate in less than a day. 

"You ok Kellin? I know you and her have been together for a long time." I said as me and my best friend looked into each others eyes. He's been with that girl since he was seventeen.

"I don't know Scar, she... She said she found someone new, she's been cheating on me." I looked into Kellins eyes, I knew he was heartbroken. For the first time my best friend wasn't his happy normal self. 

"You know I'm always here for you" I smiled at him as he found a suitable shirt for the day and put it on. 

"Your the best friend I could ever ask for Scar, you know that !" he smiled at me with all his teeth and his huge blue eyes. 

Me and Kellin have been inseparable ever since we met our freshman year, I was easily one of the only girls shorter than he was. I was only a whopping 5'5 and he found it 'cute' - we always found comfort in each others company. kellin was there through my first love, my first broken heart, and I was there trough all his. But we always remained the same. 

"Are you nervous ?" I said raising an eyebrow at him and changing the subject. 

"About graduation ? No, I have no idea what I'm doing after high school and i find it kind of comforting." he shrugged and gave me a wink hinting that I stress to much about everything especially my education.

"Hey don't do that ! You know I finally have it all figured out !" I pouted at him as he threw me a hoodie, I looked at him in confusion.

"I know and I'm proud of you darling, and don't give me that look, it's cooler outside and I know you forgot your hoodie." Oh kellin you knew me so well.

"Thanks, So do you have practice today ?" I questioned, Kellin recently started a band and honestly, they were getting good in such a short period I time. He was doing what he loved and I was proud he was finally dedicated to something other than goofing off. 

"Nope I'm all free today!" he said flailing his arms above his head leading me through the house and out the door as I pulled on his light hoodie, he may be a tiny guy, but his hoodie was a tent on me it hovered just above my knees, it was like a dress. 

Kellin took my hand in his as we walked Towards our favorite spot in our Home town of Orlando Florida. You would think the beach would be our favorite part of florida, But it Wasn't. We climbed up the large hill we knew all to well, reaching the top we sat Indian style looking out over the massive field of dandelions.

I looked up at Kellin his black hair sticking out of his bright yellow beanie framing his face, he wasn't smiling like he normally would be. He was just staring at the massive field. I hated seeing him this way.  I felt my heartbreaking for my best friend.

"Kellin, I'm sorry about Melissa..." I trailed off as he rested his arms around his knees and turned his head to look at me. 

"Me too Scar... Me too" He breathed. his eyes glistened in the sun and showed how truly heartbroken he was.

Kellin always fell head over heels, pretty quickly, but Melissa was his first serious girlfriend. I knew Kellin better than I knew myself and he wasn't ok. Not like the other times.

"Im proud of you. You know" he said to me shoving his shoulder into mine as he leaned his whole body to the side to reach me. Not wanting to continue our conversation about his EX romance.

"I know you are. I'm happy you helped me figure it all out" My comment made him smile. 

"I barely did anything, I just pushed you to follow your dream instead of settling on what your parents want" Kellin stated as he wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me into him and ruffling my hair. He always treated me like his sister and I loved that about him. 

"I just couldn't have done it without you Kellin." I laid my head on his shoulder after he stopped his attack. He rested his head on top of mine and we watched the sunset over the dandelions. 

Kellin was my best friend and he meant the world to me. He always supported me in everything I did, and I did the same for him. I was horrified to follow my dreams, but Kellin always knew how  to make me feel better about my decisions. I always second guessed myself and took extra precautions about everything I did. I was a 'worry wart' and it drove Kellin insane sometimes. 

"Stop worrying so much, you've saved up ever since freshman year to open your bakery. Your an amazing cook, don't ever doubt that Scarlett." He ran his fingers through my hair and I felt my eyes become heavy. I yawned loudly and Kellin laughed at me.

"want to go home?" he said referring to his house and I nodded tiredly.

He got up and offered his hand to me and pulled me to my feet, he started to walk down the hill but I stayed planted where I was. He turned around noticing I wasn't following him.

"Please carry me." I said sweetly to him and he laughed shaking his head at me and walking back towards me. 

He bent down and I climbed on his back wrapping my arms around his neck, he held my legs under each arm and I rested my chin on his shoulder.

I drifted off to sleep as Kellin carried me home. My mind was racing with thoughts of graduating tomorrow. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to keep 2 stories going at once (: feedback ? Who all
Like Kellin Quinn ? I know I sure do !