Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

Everything seems so empty...

Ashley borrowed a pair of jeans and a work shirt from me as we got ready for work the next morning. I decided we would drive there instead of walk today so I could take Ashley home after her shift.

"I'm excited !" Ashley smiled.

"I'm glad! I just need to grab something from Kellins room before we go." She nodded as I walked back to Kellins room. I grabbed the worry hoodie and then I looked under the bed. I was excited to see what he could have possibly left me.

I saw a small cd case with a bow on it and another note I smiled as I quickly red the note excitedly.

"Hey baby,
First of all I love you and miss you. I hope you like this CD, there's no music on it. However, I wrote three new songs and recorded myself on the computer singing them. They're all about you and I wanted to know what you think of them. I have no clue when you'll finally discover this surprise, but, I love you and can't wait to know what you think.
Love, Kellin"

I smiled and grabbed the CD I placed it on top of his bed so I could listen to it when I got home it was yet another thing I could look foreword to as the day went on. I grabbed my keys and Ashley followed me out to Kellins car. We drove to the bakery with light conversation, when we parked the bakery already had a line of people waiting for us to open.

"Oh my god scar ! I'm so nervous now" Ashley's voice shaked and she blushed.

"It's not so bad I promise ! Just take your time ringing up customers no matter how Long the line gets, I'll be passing out samples and keeping them entertained" she smiled and seemed to relax a bit. Today was the first day with my new staff and I couldn't be more nervous, but so far things seemed ok.

Ashley had the morning shift as cashier with me and she did a great job, Polly came in as a mid shift to help me take inventory and fill out orders for next week. I took my lunch when Ashley got off and ruth came in to relieve her, and i took Ashley home.

"So did you have a good first day?" I smiled at her.

"It was wonderful thank you so much for hiring me ! This jobs going to be a big help keeping my mind off missing Jesse" she stated as we pulled up to her apartment.

"I wish it was enough to distract me" I replied sadly , she placed her hand on my back.

"Oh Scarlett hunny! We can get through this together I promise ! I'm here whenever you need me, here- call or text me anytime " she got out a piece of paper and wrote her phone number down quickly and handed it to me. I gladly accepted it.

"I'll definitely text you sometime soon, thanks for the help today Ashley" she smiled and told me it was no problem before I made my way back to the bakery.

Polly was helping a customer and Ruth was in the cooler grabbing more cupcakes and truffles to fill the shelves.

"Hey Mrs. porter how are you today" Ruth asked happily as I came to help her. She was a younger girl of about eighteen with shoulder length red hair, she was very pale and had freckles. I thought she was adorable and she always seemed to have a smile on her face.

"I'm doing good today how about yourself?" I replied calmly trying to hide my anxiety from missing Kellin thoughts of him ran trough my mind all day long. He couldn't text me until pretty late because they had signings before and after their shows. Their days were pretty full so I tried to throw myself into the bakery as a distraction. It wasn't working at all today.

"I'm sort of nervous to be honest" Ruth replied , still with a smile on her face.

"There is no need to be nervous, you work tomorrow morning with me and I'll teach you everything you need to know. Her smile grew even bigger.

"Thank you Mrs. Porter, this job means a lot to me, I'm going to pastry school next year and I was hoping I could learn a lot from you and feel more confident about it" she blushed nervously as she placed cupcakes into six count containers. I was honored she wanted to learn from me.

"I'm more than happy to help you Ruth, I had no idea you were so Interested in pastries" she smiled at me as I finished boxing up the truffles.

"I want to learn all I can about food, something about desserts has always intrigued me, I was never very good at baking, until I started teaching myself instead of following directions on a box, I had fun making my own creations and I want to pursue it!" I smiled, she was a go getter just like me.

"We'll ill teach you steadily over the next week how to make our basic everyday sellers, then maybe ill let you help me make some specials" she smiled wide and suddenly hugged me.

"Thank you Mrs. porter!" I was taken back by her sudden outburst and hug, but I hugged her back.

"It's no problem, I was like you once too" I laughed.

"But your so accomplished!" She said happily.

"I wasn't always this way, I worked for it, just like your willing to. Now go help Polly with inventory before the boys get here." She nodded her head and I laughed as she went back to the front.

I was alone in the kitchen, I glanced up to the stereo system kellin had installed. I smiled, I wasn't playing anything and I missed him. So I thought it would be a good idea if I played the boys debut CD, I missed kellin singing to me already. I popped the CD into the system and the sound of Kellin singing "if I'm James dean then your Audrey Hepburn" flooded the entire store. My heart fluttered at his every note.

"Who is this ?" I heard roger ask as he came into the kitchen.

"Who is who?" I asked him and he pointed towards the ceiling

"What band is this ?" He laughed as I blushed.

"This is sleeping with sirens, my boyfriends band, they are on tour promoting this CD right now" I said sadly.

"I think I may need to go pick up this CD for myself, I like it. what does your boyfriend do in the band?" roger smiled while filling up the sinks with water to start cleaning.

"My boyfriend is the singer actually" I blushed and he laughed.

"So you have a thing for singers!" He stated and I laughed.

"It's not like that, we've known each other since our freshman year of high school" I stated and be nodded in response.

"That's really cute, you guys must have a great relationship" he commented as I got up.

"We really do" I smiled to myself, I thought of Kellins smile and his big blue eyes.

I left roger after some small talk, he seemed like a nice kid he was very polite and easy to talk to. i wondered out of the kitchen as Ben walked in and greeted me.

"Good evening Mrs. Porter !" He said happily as he started to help roger.

We were beginning to close and Polly has just left, me and Ruth were taking final count of the register and the boys were just finishing mopping all the floors. We all waved our goodbyes as I locked up the store and walked to my car. The whole ride home I listened to the boys CD, I wanted it on repeat. It made me proud to hear all that they worked for, and to know they were finally starting their journey into music.

I unlocked the door to the apartment, the whole building felt empty, knowing that three of the apartments were practically empty from my missing family. I sighed and tossed my purse onto the couch and stood in the walkway between the kitchen and the living room. I went into Kellins room, embracing his scent and finding the purple shirt he left me, I got undressed down to my underwear and pulled it on. It was practically a dress on me. I grabbed the CD off the bed that I left their that morning. I gently placed it into My laptop I had kept in Kellins room the night before.

I smiled as I saw the title of the CD pop up in my ITunes.

"To Scarlet, with all my love"

The songs popped up, I clicked the first song titled "all my heart."

I smiled as his voice filled my ears, it was the song he sang me on my birthday, the song he wished to start a second album with. The song he wrote for me. I felt tears in my eyes as the song ended. I clicked on the next song, the title was cute.

"Your nickel ain't worth my dime"

Kellin spoke an introduction before he sang, the nervousness in his voice made me giggle.

"Scarlett baby, I love you, and this isn't exactly... A love song, it's more of a song that's meant to... Uhh make you wanna start"

He said the last part kind of seductively , he then counted down and began to sing.

"I found a love that swept me off of my feet
Found a baby, she's the finest thing this boy had ever seen

She'd pick you up,
and make you wanna fall hard
When I step out on the scene, they shout
Oh my god!

She's so unreal
She lets me take her home
Let my body love your body, baby
All night long

I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
Something that would make you wanna start
I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
Something from the bottom of my heart

I wanna take ya home
I wanna take ya home

Damn, this girl, can't find nobody like her
She is everything I want and I'd do anything for her
I'd beg, beg, and beg
Make me believe that there is no one else I need
When you satisfy me

I'll take you home
We can be alone
And let my body show you lovin' like its never ever known

I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
Something that would make you wanna start
I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
Something from the bottom of my heart

I wanna take ya home tonight, alone
Take you places you've never known
Keep you coming right back for more
Keep you coming right back for more

I wanna take ya home tonight, alone
Take you places you've never known
Keep you coming right back for more
Keep you coming right back for more, more, more, yeah

I wanna write a song about you now
Something that would make you wanna start
I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
Something from the bottom of my heart

I wanna take ya home tonight, alone
Take you places you've never known
Keep you coming right back for more
Keep you coming right back

I wanna write a song about you now, yeah
From the bottom of my heart
From the bottom of my heart"


I blushed wildly... He wrote a whole song about... Well... ALL OF ME. At least I knew that he enjoyed our love making as much as I do. I couldn't help but tingle on the inside imagining his touch. I was shocked how foreword he was in the song... It did its job, it turned me on in the weirdest of ways.

I heard my phones text tone go off so I decided not to play the last song yet and hit pause. I jumped quickly to the phone and saw that I had received a video from kellin.

I hit play and smiled , Vic's face appeared ok the screen and he waved his hand in front with a smile on his face it was loud and he didn't say anything, he just turned the camera and pointed it at a stage , all the boys were standing there looking to the right into where I assumed the crowd was. Vic walked closer and it turned to where I could only see kellin and the MASSIVE crowd he was speaking to.

"How are all of you tonight ?" He asked out of breath and the whole crowd cheered. It was their first show on tour and the crowd was that massive, I was amazed.

"I'm glad to hear it, I have a very special song I wanna sing, it's my favorite, about a certain girl back home" he smirked and the crowed "awwwed"

"This songs called, if I'm James dean then your Audrey Hepburn" the crowd roared, kellin started to song but immediately got cut off by the whole crowd knowing the words. He turned to Vic with a shocked expression on his face and then sang the screaming parts.
The song ended and I could see Kellins proud expression, he had a wild look in his eyes that gleamed under the stage lights as he stood there with his mic in the air and a huge smile plastered on his face, My man had finally did it, he was living his dream, and he finally saw how talented he really was. I couldn't have been more proud.

I quickly called him as the video cut off. Even when he answered I could hear he was still on a high from that performance. We talked until I fell asleep, the phone still pressed tightly to my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me see your comments (: ill update tomorrow if I have 30 recommendations