How I Met Your Father

Well I don’t like their opinion

Elizabeth leaned against the wall, she watched her family play. She knew two of the band members were her actual family, but in her mind those men were her rock, her family that kept her safe and happy. She loved them all to pieces. Of Mice and Men were touring with the bands Suicide Silence, Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens. Holly was currently playing with Kenadee, they were behind Elizabeth running around. Elizabeth is friends with most of the wives of other band members, especially ones who had children. Jolie was out back talking with Mitch at the moment, she said she would watch Kenadee for her. Some band members were watching Of Mice and Mens set, but most of them were backstage getting ready. Sleeping With Sirens already played.

She flicked away a droplet of sweat that slide down her cheek. She turned around, letting her tired legs drag her to the tiny couch that was in the hallway of the backstage. She rested her head on the back wall that was covered in graffiti. The music filled the empty hallway, Elizabeth closed her eyes and smiled. She let the music take her back to her memories, back to when she first started to date Phil and when a fan came up to her.

I stood outside the venue, kids streamed out of the doors in masses. They passed by me, talking very fast about the bands they just saw. I smiled I remembered being one of those kids, talking quickly to my friends about the bands. I was waiting for Phil to get out of the concert, we were going to have our first official unofficial date. He said he wanted to take me on a date this morning, but he was only in Huntington Beach for a few hours after his concert. So we would go on a official unofficial, date and when he gets back we would go on a real date. But to me it was all the same, I rocked on my balls of my feet to my heels. I was just so nervous and caught up in my own thoughts I didn’t notice the girls whispering and squealing.
“Elizabeth!” someone yelled to me, I looked up to see Phil standing by the open door waving at me with his cute grin plastered on his face. I waved back at him, some of the girls followed his gaze, landing on me. “I’ll be right there, I just gotta help Austin with something.”
“Okay!” I shouted out to him. I watched him disappear back into the venue. I looked down at my shoes and began to pick the nail polish off of my nails, a nervous habit that I could never get away from. I pulled out a pack a cigarettes from my pocket and lit one. I should really quit, but everytime I try I always get so angry at everyone. I just figured it was too much to deal with at the moment. So many habits to break, so little time. I flicked the ash, I watch it fall to ground before putting it to my lips again. I took a deep breathe in and looked up, releasing the smoke. I pulled out my phone and began surfing twitter, Phil tweeted something.

Philip Manansala @philipmanansala: Thank you so much Huntington you killed it tonight! But tonights not over, off to go on a date with @BatzAndCatz

I giggled and bit my lip. I was surprised on his outwardness of us dating, I mean we aren't official yet, he hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend or anything. I sighed and dropped the cigarette to the ground, stomping on it to put it out. The crowd that was forming outside the venue erupted with chatter, making me look up in curiosity. Phil, Austin and Tino had come out, I giggled at all the fangirls, remembering the days when that was me. Phil looked over at me as he was signing someones shirt, he winked and waved me over. I rolled my eyes and walked over to where he was standing. Unsure where to be and what to do I just stood behind them. I watch them sign things and take photos with their fans, they looked so happy I was happy for them.

“Who’s that girl?” a fan asked Phil as she pointed to me. I looked up, she smiled and waved to me. I blushed and waved back, feeling extremely awkward about the situation.

Austin looked over at me and smirked, I blushed even more. I became suddenly interested in my doc martens.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Phil said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

I looked up, my glasses at the edge of my nose, Phil was smiling at me. I pushed my glasses closer to my face and smiled back. The girl who asked “awed” as Phil signed her photo. The crowd began to disappear fan by fan, till they were all gone. We bid our goodbyes to Austin and Tino, promising to bring back Phil before they left for Washington tomorrow. We walked away from the venue, soon the darkness of the street turned into city lights. With every step we inched closer together, he slipped his hand in mine tugging on it.

“Follow me this way Bat,” if it was any other people I would have cussed them out for calling me that, but for some reason it felt right coming from him.

I nodded, “Sooo where is it we may be heading?” I said sipping on the red bull in my hand.

He chuckled, “Well I was thinking we could get some ice cream at this wonderful place then go to the beach. Seeing as we don’t have that much time,” he looked over at me “Does that sound good?”

“It sounds wonderful!” I smiled. He took my hand and swung our hands. I chuckled at his childish manners, “What’s the place called? I worked at a lot of ice cream places when I was younger.”

He laughed “I could totally picture you working at a ice creamery. It’s called Sprinkles.”

I grinned “I love sprinkles! I never worked there but I’ve always wanted to.” Sprinkles was this ice cream place that was shaped like an ice cream cone. It was by the board walk, a lot of people went there.

“I know you do,” he said smirking.

I looked at him raising an eyebrow, “Did my brother tell you that?”

His smirked slide off his face and was replaced with a look of innocence “What noo,” he laughed.

We talked as we walked down to the board walk. Christmas lights were strung up around tree tops, my mouth hung open in awe at how beautiful it looked.

“Momma! Momma! Look who I found!” Holly said, Elizabeth opened her eyes, shaking away the memories that pooled in her mind.

She lifted her head off the couch and she saw Holly holding onto Tony’s tattooed hand.

“I hope you didn’t take him away from warm up,” she chuckled.

“Nah she didn’t, we were done anyways.” Tony said picking up Holly. She squealed as he threw her over his shoulder. He laughed maniacally and ran down the hallway with Holly squealing and laughing on his back. Elizabeth smiled, she was so happy that the different bands respected and are very nice to Holly. It makes her feel safe to leave her with these people and it shows her that people care.

She could hear the Pierce The Veil guys messing around down the hallways. Of Mice and Men were playing there last song, so she decided to watch them. She looked down the hallway to make sure Holly was still with Tony, which she was. She slide into the backstage area by the opening and watched them play Second & Sebring, she sang quietly along to what she could. Elizabeth loved watching them play, they all had so much passion. They just brought the stage to life, it was a beautiful thing to watch. She was so proud of all of them.

They bid goodbye to the crowd, who screamed for them. They ran offstage, Phil ran straight into her arms. Their sweat mixed together as he picked her up and brought her into the hallway. She threw her head back and laughed as he put her down. She hugged the rest of the guys. Holly and Tony came running down the hallway laughing and screaming, Vic and Mike were chasing after them. They all turned their heads to watch this weird scene. Holly crashed into her mothers legs.

“MOMMA! MIKE AND VIC SAID HARRY POTTER WAS BETTER THAN STAR WARS! THEY’RE LYING AND YOU SAID LYING WASN’T NICE!” a few of the guys snickered at her comment. Mike and Vic caught up with the group, Vic leaned on Tony’s shoulder to catch his breath.

Elizabeth stood there looking at her daughter, unsure what to say back to her. “That’s what we call opinions, everyone has them and they aren’t always the same as ours,” Phil said picking up Holly from behind.
She snuggled into Phils arms and pouted “Well I don’t like their opinion.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wow i'm so good at posting xD sorry
http://www.polyvore.com/dead/set?id=63259464 what Elizabeth wore on the date