Status: Active, but slow.

The Dilemma.

"He gets to leave, so he can get his own damn food."

When Max and I were wheeled back into the room only Laura and Dan were in there. The nurses hooked everything back up, “Dr. Williams will be back here shortly to tell you the results of the x-rays.” The head nurse told me more so than Max, I nodded at her before they all left.

“Why do you two look like you're about to faint?” Max looked in between Dan and Laura.

“It's not like the two of you have given us minor heart attacks in the past three hours.” Laura went to smack Max upside the head but stopped herself. Making me cover my mouth so I wouldn't laugh at the two of them. “Anyways Dan has something to tell you.”

“That's cold Laura, cold.” He shot her a glare while she just smiled at him and messed with her phone.

“What is this something?” I looked over at Dan, who did really look like he was about to faint.

“Your dad's here.” I looked over at Max who looked even more shocked than I did I'm sure. I grabbed Dan's hand and squeezed it, there was a knock at the door, the knob turned. Each second making it even harder to breathe without being in pain, when the door opened and he walked in I didn't really know what to expect. The man from the pictures, just older, stood right at the door. Just standing there, looking between Max and I he opened his mouth then shut it again.

“Hi Dad.” Max broke the silence. “Meet your daughter.” All he could do was just open and shut his mouth. I felt Dan and Laura staring at me just waiting for someone else to say something. I couldn't speak, just stare at him.

Dan took his hand out of mine and stood up meaning to leave. “Sit your ass back down Daniel.” I shot him a look, he isn't leaving me in here, not yet. He held his hands up and sat back in the chair sending me an apologetic look.

“Are you even gonna say anything?” Max asked Dad, who was still just standing by the door looking between the two of us.

“What am I supposed to say?”

“Oh, I don't know Dad! Anything, start with a hi for god-sake. Or a how are you? We're aren't exactly in good shape if you hadn't noticed.” Max was furious, if it were a cartoon he would have steam coming out of his ears.

“It's not like this is easy on me!”

“Because it's so easy on us!” Max threw up his hands in the air and winced. “Well news flash! It's not! I'm stressed because not only do I have a show tonight but I'm worried that she's seriously injured!!”

“Oh Jesus Christ just shut the fuck up the two of you.” I shouted, Dan had to cover his mouth from laughing at the look on their faces. “This isn't easy on anyone, and right now this is not helping me. So the two of you can just shut up and play nice or not talk at all.”

“Sorry.” Max muttered

Dad just looked at me in shock. “You are just like your mother.” He shook his head and took the seat that Josh was in earlier. “Never could stand it when people argued in front of her.”

Max scoffed and mumbled something that sounded a lot like “wonder why?” under his breathe, this time Laura did smack him upside the head.“Ow. That hurt.”

“Too bad. I will let your sister kick your ass, and you know she can do it.”

“And I will get Dan to wheel me over there so I can reach you.” I shot him a glare.

“I won't do it.” Max and Laura snorted after Dan said this.

“Yeah right Dan. Just like you wouldn't cook the other night, or let her take over your bunk, or yesterday when you said you weren't going to sleep when she did and it took you what was it Laura? Two minutes to go upstairs.” Max laughed while Dad was just sitting there.

“Yeah, Josh timed it.”

“I hate you two.” Dan flipped them off. “Let me kill Josh, Rae?”

“I was gonna do that, but NOOOO some people,” I shot Max a look. “wouldn't let me.”

“Should have let her kill Josh.” Dan shook his head.

“That's what I said!”

“You two can kill Josh later.”

“OI!!!!!” Josh shouted from outside the door.

“FUCKER!!!!” Max shouted. “Go to the fucking venue.”

“Fine!” He huffed then we heard footsteps walk away from the door and not even two minutes later the door open and in walked Dr. Williams.

“So, Max you're good to leave in the next hour. Just take it easy in the next two weeks.”

“What about shows?”

“You can play just don't move around too much.” Max nodded.

“What about Rae?” Dan asked him.

“Well Rae,” He turned toward me “Unfortunately, you can't leave today.”

“Why not?”

“Well, you have a few broken ribs, your right wrist and foot are broken as well, and since you came in with a head injury we're going to keep you here over night just in case. But you should be able to leave early tomorrow. A nurse will be coming in soon with a wrap for your injuries.” He nodded at me and left the room.

“Great. Stuck in this place until tomorrow.”

“Because Dan is going to leave you alone here?” Laura raised an eyebrow at me.

“Daniel has a show to play tonight and he's gonna fucking be there for it.” I shot a look at him.

“Daniel isn't leaving his girlfriend no matter what she says because Chuckles is filling in for me tonight.” He smiled at me.

“Fucker.” I mumbled under my breath.

“She really dislikes you right now.” Max laughed at my pout, then the door slammed open.

“You better fucking be ok Rae.” Catherine glared at me.

“Well hello to you too Catherine.” I waved at her. “And I get to leave in the morning.”

“Daniel message me when she gets out.” She pointed her finger at him then left the room as quickly as she entered it. All of us staring at the door for a minute or so.

“Well, who told her?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Wasn't us.” Laura shook her head. “Bobby probably did.” The door knob turned again.

“Oh who is it this time?” Max mumbled under his breath. In came a nurse with bandages.

“Hello, I'm Eliza here to fix Rae up. I'm going to need all of you to leave. Well other than the ones who were in a wreck today.” She pointed at Max and I.

“I'm not leaving until she does.” Dan looked at her.

“Clear it with her.”

“He can stay. Just close the curtain so my brother doesn't have to watch.” I shrugged and she ushered Dad and Laura out pulling the curtain between Max and I closed.

“I'm going to do your wrist and foot first. And you,” she looked over at Dan. “watch how I do this so you can put new bandages on when she needs.” We both nodded at her and she started wrapping up my foot.

“Why aren't I getting a real cast for this?” I asked.

“The breaks aren't extremely bad, just enough to hurt a lot and not be a fracture so putting you in a cast would be unnecessary. Even your ribs. Consider it a good thing.” I nodded at her while she finished up what she was doing with my foot and started on my wrist. “Also, you're going to get about two weeks of a script for the pain you're gonna have. After that, since your obviously American, an Advil will work for the pain until it heals.”

“That's good. I have a dislike for painkillers.”

“Most people come in begging for them.” She laughed lightly then worked in silence until she finished. “Alright, you're going to have to take off your shirt.”

“Dan, help?” I looked over at him. He smiled leaned me up and helped me take off my shirt only making me wince slightly.

“This is going to be more painful than the others because this needs to be wrapped tightly. You'll need to keep your arms lifted so I can do this properly.” I nodded. She started wrapping my ribs, I bite my lip trying not to make sounds of discomfort, didn't work to well by looks Dan was sending me.

“Are you ok?” Dan shot a glance towards me

“Just fine. Now pay attention to what she's doing.” He turned his attention back towards the nurse. It didn't take long for her to finish but god was it painful how tight she wrapped them. Dan helped me put my shirt back on so she could open the curtain.

“Alright, after I leave you'll get your food soon. A few people will be in to check on you once or twice but you'll be left alone most of the day. And you,” She turned towards Max “when she gets her food someone will be back with your release papers.”

“Sweet. Do I get food?” He was more excited about food than leaving.

“You get to leave when I don't you get no food.” I glared at him.

“Fine.” He wrinkled his nose.

“Well seems your sister has you under control. I can leave now.” She left the room quickly shutting the door.

“You're mean.”

“You get to leave.” I looked over at my brother.

“Oh yeah. Wonder where Dad and Laura went off to.”

“They're getting Rae real food instead of the shit they give out here.” Dan looked over at Max

“Do I get food?”

“Laura's words were, and let me quote here here, he gets to leave so he can get his own damn food.”

“Fuckin' hell, is everyone against me getting some food!”

“You can go get your own when you leave.” Dan laughed at Max's pout as there was a knock on there door and it opened in came a new nurse with my food and Dr. Williams. The nurse set my food in front of me and left.

“Alright. Here is your release papers. Sign where you need to then you can leave.” He handed the clip board in his hand to Max,who signed it quickly before handing it back. “Someone will be in and out to check on you a few times.”

“Cool.” I nodded and he left.

“Please tell me I have clothes to change into?” Max looked at Dan.

“In that bag. Rae also has clothes.” He pointed to a bag in the corner. Max got off the bed, very slowly, and got his bag leaving the room. Laura showed up soon after he left with food for me and a letter from Dad. I chose not to read it until later, as in when I'm not stuck in the hospital. When Max came in they stayed for another hour or so until Max was complaining so much we were all ready to kill him. Max wouldn't come near me in fear of getting more injured than I am. They took the bag of my food when they left. The rest of the day consisted of me complaining about the constant flow of people coming in and out, including Catherine about six more times, Chris stayed until Bobby stormed in and drug him out by the ear for the show trying to take Dan with him but well Dan refused to let that happen calling Chuckles to let him know he was playing ending the argument. Georige, Laura and Holly got kicked out by the nurses at the end of visiting hours, another nurse came in giving Dan my painkillers telling him to make sure I take the before I go to sleep, and the guys deiced to sneak in after the show and all get in the bed with me almost gagging me with their stench.

“Alright! You four need to leave and go shower. You are killing me!” I glared at the smelly men around me. “I need to sleep. Go.”

“Fine! We'll be back tomorrow.” Chris shook his finger at we while they got off the bed. The amount of time it took them all say good bye was ridiculous. But finally after about fifteen minutes they were gone and it was just Dan and I.

“I'm getting on the bed.” He scooted me over gently and crawled on to the bed.

“This is so much better than having all of them on there. You smell better.”

“I would hope I do.” He smelt my shoulder earning a weird look. “You smell a bit like they did though.”

“Oi. I've been stuck in this bed most of the day and can't leave until tomorrow.”

“I was kidding I was kidding.”

“Better be. I would hit you if it wasn't painful.”

“That didn't stop you from hitting Josh earlier.”

“Well it's not my fault he was being an idiot. Plus I like you better.” I poked the side of his face then came a huge yawn.

“Someone's tired.” Dan looked down at me. “You need to go to take your medicine before you go to sleep though.” He reached over getting it and some water for me.

“Ugh. I hate these things.” I got the from him and took it.

“You've mentioned it, many times. Almost as much as Josh complains.”

“Oh hush,” I rested my head on his chest as he lightly wrapped one of his arms around me.

“I give it no more than ten minutes before you pass out.”

“Less than five. These things knock me out quickly.” Another yawn as he started playing with my hair. “And now your just trying to put me to sleep.”

“You need to sleep.”

“Will be asleep soon.”

“Good. I love you.”

“Love you too Dan.” He kissed my head, and with the combination of him playing with my hair and the painkiller I was asleep soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
And it is done! There's going to be five more chapters as far as I can tell from my attempt at planning the remaining ones out.