Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 16 - Saving Her Bitter Sweet Day.

Chapter 16 - Saving Her Bitter Sweet Day.

Jase POV

"you go home and gather everyone else. I'll be there in five minutes max." the door slams in the background.

"five minutes max." I repeat and hang up.

I don't know what Angie has gotten herself into, but we need to get her out.
Alex isn't someone who jokes around neither is he the nicest.

I shove the phone in my pocket and head back to Starbucks. Taking my gym bag and coffee I head out.

What's confusing is that what does Alex want from Angie? How the hell does he know Angie? I rub my temples. Pulling out the car keys from my pocket I hit the alarm button. The car's alarms goes off, it's two lanes down.

Wasting no time, I jog towards the car. Opening the door, I sit down and drive out the parking lot. Steven's going to be pissed, he's a bitch when he's pissed.

I keep my eyes on the road as I drive but my brain is still working to find the connection between Angie and Alex. It just doesn't make any sense. What the fuck does he want from her?

My hands turn white from the hard grip on the steering wheel when I realize all the things he can do to her.
Rape, murder, torture, abu-no!

I speed up. I need to figure this out. We have to find her fast.

Angie POV

The van is dark from the inside. There are no windows and there is a metal wall separating the front of the van from the back.

There are three men with me in the back. I don't know who they are, one of them is Alex.

"Awe, don't be scared of us Angie. I'll take good care of you." he says. Leaning in closer and closer to me.

I immediately look down, trying to avoid eye contact.

The van suddenly stopped causing Alex to fall forward.

"what the fuck!" he yells. I don't say anything. The cars starts to move again

The longer I sit in here, the nervous I get. I saw Jase running towards me as the men threw me into the van. This means that Steven will know and he'll try to find me. God I hope he finds me fast.

I don't know how long I've been in the car for, it sure feels like forever. I don't know where they are taking me. Alex and his men have been smoking and it is making my head hurt. Second hand smoking, the last thing I want is to get cancer.

The car stops again, this time I go flying forward. I land on top of one of the men he puts his arms around me. I immediately move away until my back is touching the wall of the van. No way I'm going near these men.

The back door opens, I see trees and an empty road then a man blocks my view. He hold his hand up with some sort of material in his hand.

'blindfold' I realize.

Alex snatches the blindfold from the mans hand and stalks closer to me.

"sorry babe, but you're going to have to put this on." he says, gesturing towards the blindfold.

He turns me around and covers my eyes with the material. I don't see a thing. A hand pulls me forward and leads me out of the van. When I get out the van, someone pushes me forward and my hands are handcuffed.

One hand grabs my left arm while another hand grabs my right arm. I am forced to walk forward. I don't know where exactly we are, but the ground under me is uneven. I can feel the rocks under my shoes, the dirt and from trees I saw before, I can take a guess and say that maybe I'm in a forest?

We walk and walk and walk, we've been walking for the past hour, well it felt like an hour. My knees shake as I walk, I can't take it anymore. My knees give out underneath me as I fall to the ground.

"get up!" I hear Alex's voice.

I try to get up, scared that he might strike me like he did this morning. As I try to get up, my knees give out again. I shake my head.

"I don't think she can walk anymore. We've been walking for the past 40 minutes." says someone.

Silence follows, I wait for someone to say something. But no one speaks.

Instead I am roughly pulled to my feet and dragged forward.

"now walk like a good bitch you are." I cringe at the venom dripping from Alex's voice. He's angry, this can't be good.

40 minutes, that is pretty close to what I estimated. Almost an hour.
My throat is dry, I need water. Alex's grip on my upper arm tightens as he pulls me forward with more force. I whimper. He's too harsh.

I try to walk the best I can, but the blindfold really isn't helping. The ground starts to become more stable and smooth as we walk further. Soon I can hear my shoes on what feels like pavement. I stomp my foot lightly, making sure no one notices. 'Yes, that's definitely pavement.'

Alex tugs my arm again, not so forcefully this time. I hear a door open, then I'm pushed to the ground. The blindfold is pulled off my eyes.

Alex is crouches down on his feet. "you better hope your precious boyfriend finds you fast because when I'm done with you, you'll just beg me to kill you instead." he says with all the seriousness in his voice.

My heart picks up its pace as the fear tightens my chest and throat. I look at Alex horrified who smiles in return. His hand lifts up and his fingers brush my bruised skin that he had given my this morning.

"I'll be back soon." he says and then he disappears. I struggle against the handcuffs, when a sharp pain shoots up my hand. I immediately stop struggling and I feel a warm liquid running down my hands. I close my eyes tightly, cursing myself.

The room is dark, it's brown in color. There is barely any light in the room except for a medium size window but it is far too high up for me to reach. Though I can definitely fit through it

I look up to the ceiling. Searching for god. No such luck.

Steven, Jase please find me!

Jase POV

The sound of shoes clicking to the floor echoe the mansion. The crew is seated on the large red 'C' shaped sofas. No one says anything, we are too busy thinking. Steven is pacing the room, clearly freaking out. Not that I blame him, I'm worried myself but I know better than to show it.

"where the fuck is he?" Steven finally breaks the silence. I'm shocked. I expected him to break earlier but he surprisingly kept his cool.

"he said '2 minutes'" I answer him.

"yeah? Well it's been fucking...30 seconds." he says checking his watch.

I hear faint footsteps that start to get louder. My head snaps up, he's here.

Who are we talking about? My older brother Romaine. He is a police officer, the director of the northern district to be exact. Bottom line, with Romaine, we can easily find Angie.

Romaine walks into the house and looks down on us. He stares at us.

"Don't just sit there, give me the damn details." everyone breaks out of the trance and start scrambling around.

Oscar gets some papers while Pete prints pictures and takes them to Romaine.

"that's Alex, he's the one who took Angie." he tell Romaine.

"him? He's the one you helped me arrest." Romaine says. I look at him to find him looking back at me. I raise my eyebrow.

I walk towards my brother and take a look at the picture. That face is familiar. My face scrunches up. Images of us fighting come to mind. Throwing punched at each other while the crowd watched. Romaine arresting the bastard. Great, I've been thinking of someone else the whole time.

I help Romaine arrest the criminals.
When I first met Romaine, I admired him. He had a confident posture and he was physically strong. So I asked him to train me. He was 20 years old then and I was 14. He trained me, always harder than needed, but I never complained. I let my hatred towards people be the reason to become strong. And now that I am strong, I wish that I wasn't.

Always getting into fights with the criminals that Romaine wanted to arrest, instantly made me popular in the streets. As my rank went higher, the tougher fighters would come challenge me.

Everything clicks together. He was the best, I beat him and took his spot. Angie is rumored to by my girlfriend, and then she is kidnapped by Alex. That night at the party, it probably was Alex too. Shit. I'm the one who got her into this mess.

"we have to find her fast." I state. Romaine nods and motions for us to follow.

Taking the elevator to the third basement, we enter the gym. The gym is huge. The weight and cardio machines are in the middle while the running track outlines the room. We walk across the gym until we reach the further back wall.

What people don't know is that there is a secret room behind the gym. This room consists of Romaine's guns, training room, high technology super computer and all his vehicles.

Romaine puts in the passcode and the door opens. Pete immediately walks over to the computer. He's a techno geek, and he's damn good at it.

"does Angie have a phone?" asks Romaine.

"yes."

"whose name is it under?"

"mine." Steven replies.

Romaine turns to Pete and nods to him who nods back. Pete begins typing on the computer, most likely trying to find Angie's phone.

As we all know, all phones have GPS's and are connected to the satellite. This will help us find her phone, which will help is find her.

"I don't know if she still has the phone or if they took it from her. But If we can find its latest location, it will help us find her." Romaine explains.

I nod my head, indicating the understanding of the situation.

"found it!"

We all turn to face Pete. He points towards the screen. There is a red for place on a map.

"how far?"

"about 4 miles." he answers.

Great they went all out to get Angie away from the city. Damn them.

"alright boys, pack your bags. We're going in to save her bitter sweet day."

We all move. Romaine hands out guns and keys to everyone. I walk upstairs to put on better clothes. Quickly changing into some combat clothes I walk downstairs.

Everyone is already in the garage. I take the car keys off the rack and take a seat in the car. We all drive out.

Angie POV

My stomach and head hurts from all the nervousness and the thinking. Time went by as I sat on the floor, my hands handcuffed on the back and my feet starting to get sore.

I put my head on my knees as the tears start to fall out. 'I want to go home. No Angie, you can't cry now! You have to be strong.'

The door opening breaks me out of my thoughts. Alex enters he room and smiles when he sees me. I don't smile back. He walks to me and takes a seat in front of me.

"miss me?" he asks.

'No.' The word gets caught in my throat. I don't want to anger him. It's never good.

"it's been three hours, I'm really starting to question if your boyfriend is going to show up or not." he says to me.

I shake my head not knowing what to say. He narrows his eyes at me and tilts his head to the side to examine me. I feel goosebumps rise on my skin as his eyes rake over my body. He notices the goosebumps and smirks.

He leans in towards me and I snap my eyes close. Sudden footsteps interrupts Alex. My eyes snap open to find Alex looking at the door. There is a massive man standing at the door with a worried look on his face.

"there's disturbance in the forest near the den's entrance. I think there might be someone trying to get in." he informs Alex.

Alex's back is to me. He gestures something to the man, who nods and leaves. Alex then turns around to face me with a smirk on his face.

"And here I thought he wasn't going to show up." he says. He gets up and leaves. I hear the door click, he locked it. I slowly and cautiously walk towards the door, afraid that someone might enter.

Reaching the door, I carefully turn the door knob. 'Yep it's locked'. I sigh and look at the window. No movement. There are some leaves falling into the room, only if I can reach the window. I'm far too short.

The door bangs open and I turn around in a flash. Alex and three other men are standing at the door.

"you're coming with us."

Jase POV

"if you don't do what we say, the girl might get hurt."

Like hell she is. I roll my eyes. How many times have I heard this speech? Many. It's almost 6:30pm and it is starting to go get dark. It usually gets darker really fast in the forest.

'I have your girl, move and I'll kill you.' I'm not an idiot, neither did I come unprepared. Life has the tendency to fuck you over, you just have to fuck it right back.

That is what I learned over time. And there's no way I'm letting anyone else fuck with me.

I hear a girly scream and my neck snaps to the left. A man...Alex is dragging Angie out of the den. Angie hasn't noticed me yet. He drags her forward and pushed through the men. Angie looks up, her eyes snapping to mine clouded with tears.

"Jase?" she questions

"Jase!" she screams and dashes forward but is stopped by Alex. He pulls her back against his chest.

My hands fist, my eyebrows scrunch up. 'the plan' I remind myself. 'I can't mess this up.'

I mask my emotions and pull a straight face.

"your girl is fuckin' hot, not to mention really tight."

My face grows hot and fists ball tighter. Now would be a perfect time for Romaine to show up before I lose my temper. I look over at Angie and she is shaking her head. Her face calms me down. I take deep breaths in.

From behind Alex and his men I see Romaine. He points to someone behind him and one-by-one men start to come out the forest.

'took them long enough.' they all form a line and start walking forward. They have guns in their hands, ready to shoot if needed. Their footsteps echo the forest.

Also hearing the footsteps, Alex turns around followed by his men. Their guns drop and Alex whirls to me.

"You bastard!" he charges forward, I bring back my fist and throw it towards his face. He lets out a scream and falls down.

I look behind me to find more police men approaching. I pull Angie away from Alex's men and they willingly let me take her. I push her towards the police, they'll keep her safe.

The police handcuff Alex's men. Before they can arrest Alex, I pull his to his feet and knee him in his stomach. Blood pours out his mouth and he falls to ground rolling around holding his stomach.

"don't ever touch my family!" I scream.

No one ever dares mess with my family. My friends are my family. I will do anything and everything for my family. But I won't stand anyone trying to bring harm to them.

I kick him in his stomach.

"Stay the fuck away from my family!"

I pull him up and punch him in the face repeatedly, he tries to cover his face but it doesn't work.

Oscar and Pete come tackle me from the back. They pull me away from Alex.

I throw them off and take deep breaths. Losing my temper is not something that I'm proud of, but I can't help it. Especially in situation like this one.

"If you ever touch any of my friends again, I will kill you." I say calmly.

The police gather around Alex and handcuff him. The guys try to talk to me but I brush them off.

I look around for Angie and find her with Dylan. She sees me approaching and immediately shifts her gaze to the ground. My pace slows down. I probably look like an angry beast right now and it's something that she doesn't need right now. But the idea of someone taking her away has me speeding up again.

I reach her and grasp her hand and pull her with me. She doesn't complain or hesitate, just simply lets me take her. The sun is now gone and the stars are starting to fill the dull sky.

We walk through the forest, I look for the marks on the trees indicating the way out of the forest

I press the unlock button and the car unlocks with a 'beep'. I open the passenger door and seat Angie inside. Then I walk around to the drivers side and take a seat myself. Putting the car into ignition, I drive forward.

I don't know where I'm driving to, I always tend to drive to that particular place. I don't know why, don't know when or how I found it, I just did. Whenever I'm sad or upset or confused, I always come here. No one knows about this place, not even Stacey.

I drive to the cliff and stop the car In the middle. Huge rocks surround the edges of the cliff, I usually sit there and think. From the top of the cliff you can see the local beach on the bottom. Listening to the ocean tides calms my nerves.

Getting out of the car I walk over to Angie's side and open the door. I pull her out the car and push her away from it. She stops and turns around to face me with a shocked expression.

Angie POV

Jase pushes me away from the car, shocking me, I stop myself from falling to the ground and turn to face him.

(I've been looking under rocks and breaking locks, Just tryna find ya)

"I don't know what you see in me, I don't know why you like me. But I'm glad that you do."

Confusion masks me. 'what is he talking about?'

(I've been like a manic, insomniac 5 steps behind ya)

"People usually get close to me or want to date me for my reputation and popularity. But you...I don't know what you want. What do you want Angie?"

I open my mouth to tell him that I don't want any of that but he cuts me off by shaking his head.

(Tell them other girls, they can hit the exit. Check please... Cause I finally found the girl of...my dreams)

"I'm a cold hearted bastard, I don't care much for others, I get into fights and hurt other peoples feelings." I shake my head, tears start to form in my eyes.

Why does he think so badly of himself. It's just that he's straightforward, that is just the way he grew up.

(Much more than a Grammy award, That's how much you mean to me)

"danger always surrounds me. I hurt myself but worst of all, people around me always and up getting hurt too? Why do you like me Angie? Why do you still chase after me?"

The tears are now falling. 'you're not bad!' I want to scream, but my throat hurts. So I shake my head instead.

(You could be my it girl. Baby you're the shhh-t girl. Lovin' you could be a crime Crazy how we fit girl. This is it girl. Give me 25 to life. )

"I can't stop the danger from happening, but I can protect you from it. I'm not good at expressing my feelings, it's just something that I don't do well." he says.

He looks at me in the eyes. I nod, indicating that I understand.

(Can't seem to stop you from...running, running. Through my, through my mind, mind. Just keep it coming, coming till I make you mine, mine)

"I don't know how to be a good boyfriend. I don't date girls, I just fuck them," I snort. "I don't know how to be romantic, I don't care about the monthly anniversaries. Loving someone is too risky, there's always a heartbreak in the end. I just don't want to get caught up in it, I don't want to risk my heart."

(You've got that something, something, I wanna be with girl. You're my greatest hit girl, Just say this is it girl...Hey baby...Don't you know you're my it girl)

"But for you, I'm willing to risk it all." my head snaps up at his words.

He's looking at me with an unknown emotion on his face. More tears fall, but of happiness this time. I don't know what to say.

(You could be my it girl. Baby you're the shhh girl lovin' you could be a crime. Crazy how we fit girl. This is it girl)

Jase opens his arms and without thinking I run to them. My arms go around his neck and his go around my waist. We lose our balance and fall down. I fall on top of him, but I don't care I'm soo happy.

He smashes his lips to mine and I immediately kiss back. He pulls away and look at me.

I smile, "That was the worst confession I ever heard." I laugh at him.

His smile drops. "yeah? Well, you can either take it or leave it. Your choice."

I peck him on the lips and smile, "I'll take it." he smiles back.

I look up at the starry sky and listen to the ocean, this is perfect.

(You could be my it girl, You're my biggest hit girl, Let me play it loud, Let me play it loud like...oh oh oh oh Let me play it loud, Let me play it loud like...oh oh oh oh)