Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 40 - Letting Everything Out.

Chapter 40 - Letting Everything Out.

Angie POV.

"Alright boys, grab your favorite toys." I yell as I wheel my suitcase to the living room

"No, mommy! We have to take all the toys."

I sigh. "There isn't enough space in daddy's car, Ryland."

I walk towards the play room and find Ryland and Aiden sprawled on Jase's lap.

"All toys, mommy." Ryland repeats himself.

I look at Jase. He shakes his head. "We can take all the toys. I'll call the crew and tell them to bring trucks."

I turn to the twins. "You heard daddy. Go get all your toys."

I smile as the boys jump up and run to their toys. I look at Jase and my smile widens when I catch him fondly staring at the kids. Then he takes out his phone and dials a number. I couldn't hear what he was saying due to the loud noises my kids were making.

"...this one." Aiden picks out a toy from the tub and throws it towards the cardboard box. "And this one. And this one."

"You forgot this one, Aiden!" Ryland pulls out a toy truck. "And this one. And this one. And this one."

Beside me, Jase chuckles. "I can watch them all say and not get bored. How did I miss out on this?"

I guiltily look at the floor. That would be my fault for not telling. Naline was right; there was no way Jase would have agreed to inherit the family business if he'd known. I was selfish. I was thinking about the future of our kids. That we would be able to fulfill all of their wishes if we had a lot of money. Our kids will receive a good education. I didn't once think about Jase's feeling.

"Hello!"

Ryland and Aiden drop their toys and look towards the door. Their eyes widen before a big grin breaks out on their faces.

"Uncle Hayden!" They both scream at the same time and break out in a run.

Hayden scoops them up when the boys reach them. "How come you're here, uncle Hayden?"

"Your dad asked me to help you bring your toys." He gestures to Jase.

"We can show you, uncle Hayden," Aiden starts

"Which toys we want to take." Ryland finishes.

Hayden puts the twins down and they immediately start to pull him to their toys.

"We want to take this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

"Alright, boys. I think he understands." I interrupt them.

I walk back to the living room and look at the packed suitcases. I sigh and pull them to the entrance of the house. I smile when.I spot Oscar making his way towards the house. He grins when he sees me.

Oscar kisses the top of my head when he reaches me. He looks at the suitcases. "Are these good to go?"

"Yes, they are. The boys are just packing their toys."

He nods his head and grabs a suitcase, one in each hand.

"Mommy, help us!"

I turn around and find Aiden pointing to the play room. I walk to the playroom. Hayden and Jase were holding cardboard boxes filled with toys. I walk towards the box on floor and pick it up. It slips out of my hand and I bite my lip.

"Why is it so heavy?"

"You're just too weak."

I glare at Hayden. I open my mouth to say something but Oscar's entrance cuts me off.

"Get the box, Oscar." Jase gestures to the box in front of me.

When Oscar picks up the box without a problem Ryland and Aiden start to giggle.

"Mommy, you're weak." They giggle again.

I secretly smile and turn to the twins with an evil look on my face. "What was that? I didn't hear you."

They both scream girlishly and run to Jase. They stick their tongue out to me from behind their father's back...legs.

"Come on, boys. Let's go."

I laugh as the twins jump up and down with excitement. I look around the place one last time. I guess this is it. We won't be coming back to this house. Ryland and Aiden were first brought into this house. This is where he learned to walk, said their first word and ran around got hurt. I will never forget this place.

We walk out of the house. I turn around yo lock the door behind me. My eyes widen when I spot nearly the entire villagers outside the main gates. We make our way towards the waiting people.

"So I guess its true then; you're leaving us." Says uncle Ben when we reach them. He looks at the boxes in our hands and then at the twins. "I remember they were yaye small," he gestures with both his hands, "when they first came to the village." He smiles. "And look at them now. They're little hellions but they're leaving us."

My eyes tear up. "I'll bring them back. I promise."

I look at the twins.

"Go give Grampa Ben big hugs." I command.

They run to Uncle Ben and wrap their small arms around the man's legs. Uncle Ben laughs and picks them up.

"Make sure you two come visit us, OK?" They both nod their heads. "And don't cause trouble for your mom." Again, they nod their heads. "And don't eat too many chocolates or you'll both get cavities."

Ryland shakes his head and holds up two fingers. "Only two chocolates everyday, grandpa Ben." He promises.

"Me too, grandpa Ben. Only two chocolates everyday." Aiden also holds up two fingers.

Uncle Ben laughs out loud and sets them down on the ground. Then he walks over to me. He places his hand on my head.

"You take good care of yourself and the twins. We have seen you struggle enough these past four years." Then he looks at Jase. "Now, where is the father?" He asks.

I bite my lip. The kids and I have grown attached to the people of the village during the past years. Everyone cares for everyone like a family. I look at the rest of the villagers. They all has warm smile on their faces and all said their goodbyes to the twins as they came around. I look back at Jase as he placed the final box in the truck.

I grab uncle Ben's hand and walk to Jase. "This is Jase. The father of the twins and my... " I tail off, not knowing what to say.

Jase and I broke up before he went into surgery. I don't know what our relationship is now. 'The man I'm in love with.' But I couldn't say that in front of everyone.

I watch as uncle Ben stares at Jase as if he was studying him. Which he probably was. Then he sighs.

"Take care of your female and kids. They need you." He finally says.

I wonder if Jase still wants me to be his female. 'Your female...' I laugh. That's so weird. My eyes widen when I find everyone looking at me. 'Oh.' I laughed out loud. I shake my head.

"I'll take care of them." He promises.

Uncle Ben nods and turns around. I look through the crowd for the twins. I smile when I spot them with their girlfriends.

I grab Jase's hand and drag him towards Aiden.

"What..." Jase tails off when his eyes land on Aiden.

"Aiden!" I sing and Aiden turns around to look at me. "Aren't you going to introduce your girlfriend to daddy?" I ask him.

Aiden grins at me and then looks at Jase. He points at Sammy. "He's my girlfriend."

Jase looks at me. "He's a boy."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Is there a problem?"

Jase's eyes widen and he throws his hands up in surrender. "No, there isn't. But why is he calling him girlfriend?"

I chuckle. "Because Ryland has girlfriends so Aiden calls Sammy girlfriend too."

Jase puts his hand on Sammy's blonde hair and pats his head. He looks at me. "So, where is Ryland?"

I look around me and roll my eyes when I spot him with two girls. Maybe I should tell Jase about his two girlfriends and maybe Jase can teach him that it isn't right. And being a cute four year old doesn't make it OK.

I nod towards Ryland and Jase follows my gaze. His mouth drops open when he spots Ryland.

"Ryland has two girlfriends?" He laughs.

"Yes."

"That's my boy!" Jase laughs louder. I glare at Jase. He shuts up when he notices me glaring at him. "I mean...that can't be good."

"Maybe Aiden should get two boyfriends too." I joke.

Its Jase's turn to glare. "No boy will touch my son that way!"

I look at Jase, amused. "What way?"

He narrows his eyes at me. "That way."

"You mean in a sexual way." I state.

"Yes, that way." He says with pink cheeks. "I'll kick anyone's ass who tries to touch my son that way" he crosses his arms over his chest in intimidating manner.

I chuckle. Jase has never been intimidating to me.

"Is there something that you find very funny?" He glares at me.

"You're cute."

His glare sharpens. "Im not cute."

Sure you're not. I chuckle and walk past him. "Ryland!" His head snaps in the direction of my voice. "Did you say bye to your girlfriends?" He nods his head. "Then let's go, munchkin!"

He says something to his girlfriends and then waves his hand. He look at me and runs to me with a big grin on his face. His arms go around my legs when Ryland reaches me. I ruffle his hair.

"Did you get shy, Ryland?" I chuckle. Ryland nods his head. "Awe, my shy munchkin." I scoop him up in my arms and kiss the side of his head and he lays his head on my shoulder.

I walk back to Jase, who was standing there with Aiden in his arms. We walk back to the car and place the boys in their car seats. Oscar and Hayden get in the trucks and I waive at everyone one last time. I look at the small white house and smile. 'So many memories...'

"Get in, babe."

I look at Jase and smile. My heart is beating fast. I'm leaving the people that helped me raise my kids. The people that gave me nothing but love for the past four years when they didn't have to. I open the door to the car and get in. I lean back into the seat as Jase starts to drive.

"They're asleep." I look at Jase. "The kids are asleep."

I look behind me and find the kids sleeping. I smile at their calm faces. My munchkins are anything but calm.

"Are you mad at me for not telling you?" I ask him.

"Would you be angry with me if I kept your kids from you for four years and you didn't know they existed?"

OK. Good point. "I wanted to tell you but I just thought-"

"Thought what?"

"I just thought...."

I tail off. What could I possibly say? That I was selfish? Jase doesn't deserve that. I fist my hand on my lap and stare at them.

I look up when the car stop. I look at Jase when I don't see his mansion. He unbuckles his seat belt and turns so that he's facing me. Jase takes my hands and brings them to his lips. He kisses my hands and I cup his face.

"Look...I don't know why you didn't tell me. I sure you had your reason. I just want to know why?"

My heart broke when I saw the desperation in Jase's eyes. They're his kids; he's their father. He had every right to know about them.

I open my mouth to explain but Jase cut me off. "Not now. We'll talk when we get home."
Jase leans and brushes his lips against mine. Butterflies flutter in my stomach when our lips touch. I hands tail up his arms and rest on his shoulders. I stare into Jase's blue eyes when he pulls away. A smile makes itself onto my lips and I grin at him. Jase grins back and kisses my cheek before putting on the seat belt.

I lean back in my seat and grin like a fool for the rest of the car ride. Excitement bubbles inside me when Jase pulls into the mansion's driveway. It's been a long time since I've been inside Jase's house.

I get out and open the door to pick up Ryland. I pick him up and walk towards the house. I open the door with one hand and hold Ryland with the other. Everyone turns to look at Jase and I when we enter.

"We'll put them in our room for tonight." Jase says.

My heart starts to beat fast. "Our room?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I assumed we were going to share a room. We don't have to, of course." He says hurriedly.

I smile. "That's OK with me." That's more than OK with me. I thought Jase was never going to let me near him when he found out about the kids. The fact that wants to share a room and probably a bed is more than OK with me.

I follow behind Jase as we walk up the stairs towards his room. Jase lays Aiden down on his bed and I do the same with Ryland. Jase chuckles beside me and I look at him.

"What?"

"It's weird when they're sleep. It's quiet and not saying daddy in every sentence."

I laugh. "Yes, they're loud. You better get used to it."

Jase visibly relaxes. "I'm glad to hear that."

He takes my hand in his and we make our way downstairs. Stacey is the first one to approach us as she flings herself onto Jase.

"I couldn't hug you properly at the hospital."

Jase's arms go around her waist. "That's OK. Im not going anywhere now."

"I'll hold you to that."

One by one the entire crew approaches Jase and we talk for about an hour. We take a seat on the couch with me next to Jase. Finally. Naline makes her way towards Jase. Everyone stops and watch as she approaches him.

She smiles at Jase. "It's good to have you back." She says sincerely.

Jase just simply nods his head. I squeeze his arm. "It's good to be back." He says after a while.

"You'll be inheriting the company in two weeks, Jase." She tells him.

Jase's eyes narrow. "What?"

"You received your Bachelor of Business degree six months ago and you've been working as CEO for five months now."

I clench my eyes shut when Jase gets up and walks over to Naline.

"I don't want the company." He says.

"You're too late. The paperwork was done two months ago. The ceremony is just a public announcement for the media."

I open my eyes. Jase's hands were clenched and his face was red with anger.

"Tear it. I won't come to the ceremony." He says.

"You, as well as I, know that wouldn't be possble. The company is already yours. Why don't you want the wealth, Jase. People would love to have it."

I watch Jase's eyes narrow at Naline. "Then give it to them!" He yells. "I don't want the money, I don't want the stress. I just want to be a cop and live happily with Angie and our kids." He says.

My heart shatters. If Jase found out that I also wanted him to take over the company, he won't like it. I know how much he wanted to be a cop but I, as well as the others, took that away from him. I feel ashamed.

"I can't, Jase. I need a heir for the company. Someone has to do it." The desperation was clear in Naline's voice.

"Then give it to Hayden."

"Hayden wants to be a doctor."

"And I want to be a cop! Don't my wishes matter? Don't they hold any values?!"

"Jase, please, you have to understand. You're perfect for this. You have the right skills."

Jase turns to face the crew and I. "All of you knew what was happening. You all knew how much I wanted to be a cop and how much I despised the company. But you let it happen!" He accused. "I probably woke up and didn't know anything. You all used me, took advantage of me. I probably has no choice to believe the bullshit you fed me!"

Used him? Fed him bullshit? Is Jase out of his mind? I watch as Stacey burst into tears. After Jase woke up, Stacey spent hours with him everyday teaching him basic things. She taught him everything the knew from brushing his teeth to driving a car.

"What else did you make me do? I can't believe you let Naline do this. Didn't any of you try to stop me?" Jase looks at me. "What about you, Angie? You gave birth to our kids. Wasn't I important enough to be told?"

The last question hit a nerve. Suddenly all the anger stored from the last five years rushed into me. The anger grew with every word Jase spoke.

"It shouldn't have mattered that I lost my memories. I wouldn't have denied my kids. Five years. I've been fooled by you all for five years. I'll be taking over the company in two weeks. The last thing that I want." Jase chuckles. "Wasn't I important enough for you?"

"Shut up, Jase." I say calmly.

"What?" His head snaps towards me.

"I said shut up!" I snap. "You weren't important enough? No," I laugh. "We weren't important enough. Because my boyfriend," I point to myself, "their bother," I point to the crew, Stacey and Romaine, "and her son," I point to Naline, "had a brain tumor but we weren't important enough to be told. Stacey happened to find out by chance or we wouldn't have known anything."

I take in a deep breath as my body began to shake. "What if you died? We would have found out from a fucking doctor. A fucking doctor! And better yet I was left a letter because that's how important I was. Worth a fucking letter. I agree that we should have though about your feeling but didn't you think about ours?"

Everyone's eyes were wide as they listen to my outburst. This is the first time in seven years that I have swore. And I don't plan on doing it again.

"You were supposed to be there in the delivery room with me, Jase. But you weren't. You were supposed to help me pick out names. But you didn't. We were supposed to go shopping for their clothes together. But we didn't. I was so scared. Even though everyone was with me, I felt so lonely. It was my first baby and I was even more scared when I found out that I was having twins. That when I needed you the most. But you weren't there. After giving birth, I struggled so many nights when I moved to the village. I would wake up in the middle of the night to the twins crying. I needed support. You weren't there, Jase. And unlike you, Naline and the crew were there every time I needed them."

I was shaking violently by the time I finished. I know that I'm being unfair. It wasn't his fault that he wasn't there but at this moment, I coudn't care less. This will teach him to thnk before accusing people. I feel arms go around me and I lean into Steven. Jase is still staring at me wide eyed and mouth hung open. He opens his mouth to say something but then closes it again.

"I was being selfish. I was thinking of Ryland and Aiden's future when I thought of you inheriting the company. We, as their parents, would be able to fulfil all their wishes and they would be able to receive the best education. I was only thinking the best for them. Is that so bad, Jase?"

Jase only shakes his head and stares at me. Then he takes long strides in my direction. He pulls me into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Angie. Please forgive me. I'm a douchebag, an asshole, a bastard...you name it." He sighs. "I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought it would be less painful to depart that way. I didn't mean to hurt you but you did get hurt." Jase looks at everyone. "I'm sorry."

"That doesn't matter, Jase. You're here now." Pete speaks up.

"That's right, bro." Adrian adds in.

"But now you have to make things right." Says Tyler.

"Make up for those five years that you've forgotten." Oscar grins.

"We've got your back." Romaine agrees.

Jase runs his hand over his face. "I don't deserve your support. In case you all have forgotten, I was accusing you all ten minutes ago." He reminds them.

"We're used to your temper tantrums." Stacey shrugs.

Jase's eyes narrow. "I don't throw temper tantrums!" He snaps.

I roll my eyes. "Uh-huh."

We all laugh while Jase glares at all of us, his arms still around me.

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!" The twins scream at same time.

"I'm here, babies!" I yell back. "Come out of the room and you'll see me!"

Ryland and Aiden walk out of the room and look around until their eyes land on me. They start to run down the stairs.

"Don't run down the stairs!" I scold.

They immediately slow down. I drop onto my knees and open my arms as they make their way towards me. They walk into my arms and I pull them close. I pick them up and walk over to the sofa to take a seat.

I run my fingers through their hair and kiss the side of their heads. They both lean away and blink up at me.

"Look around. There's so many people here to see you." I tell them.

They both start looking around and their eyes go wide.

"Daddy!"

"Uncle Romaine!"

"Uncle Steven!"

"Uncle Hayden!"

"Uncle Oscar!"

"Uncle Tyler!"

"Uncle Pete!"

Uncle Adrian!"

"GRANDMA!"

I laugh and walk back to Jase. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the side of my neck.

"Did you see all our toys grandma?" Ryland jumps up and down with excitement.

Aiden nods his head. "Daddy let us bring all of them!"

They run to the card board boxes when they spot them.

"We brought this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

I look up at Jase. He had a smile on his lips as he watched the twins. He looks at me when he catches me staring.

"What?"

I shake my head. "Nothing." I look away.

Jase's arms tighten around my waist. "I've never thought of the possibility of being a father but I couldn't have asked for better kids than Ryland and Aiden." He laughs. He leans in and brushes his lips against mine. "God, I'm so lucky to have you, Angie."

I blush and lean my head on his chest. Jase chuckles and I blush harder.

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

"Grandma, you're not looking!"

"I am. I promise that I am."

"OK! And this one-"

"And this one-"

"And this one-"

I laugh. 'Things are finally starting to look up.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------