Status: Workin' on it.

Somewhere In Neverland

Moving Day

Looking out of my bedroom window for the last time really sucked.
I had one box left to take down and my mom kept hollering at me to hurry. I looked around my now-empty bedroom for the last time, and walked out the door.

I made it down to the car where my mom was and put the last box in the back seat. I got in immediately put my headphones in.

"Amber..." my mom started.
"No, mom. Don't. Just don't." I said coldly.
I looked over and saw my mom sigh and then start the car. She was so excited about this move, and I was so not.

She was taking me away from my whole life. My best friend, my school, my family, everything. I guess you could say that right now I am really pissed off at my mom. I didn't wanna move in the first place. She did.

She called around 16 different states just to try to find somewhere with her same job type, so she could transfer and get out of Gosnell.

"I'm tired of Arkansas." she had told me, "we need a change."

So now I'm in the front seat of her car, headphones shoved in my ears, arms folded and looking out the window.

While I sat, I thought about my best friend. Alley Taylor Sheppard. I was gonna miss her the most out of everyone in Gosnell. We've been best friends since the 4th grade, and she knew absolutely everything about me. When I first told her about me moving, she didn't talk to me for a whole week. Eventually, she came around. My last week in Gosnell, she stayed at my house. She refused to go home because she thought maybe her sticking around the house would make my mom realize that we didn't need a change.

It didn't work.

"Amber. Amber wake up." my mom shook me.
I groaned and opened my eyes. "Are we here or something?" I asked, aggravated.
"Almost. We have about 10 more minutes." she said.

Great. I leaned my seat back up and looked out of my window. Up ahead, I could see the faint outline of a city. It looked pretty big.
We passed a huge sign that was on my side that read "BALTIMORE CITY LIMITS."

"Eeeep!" my mom squealed, "This is going to be great!"
"Yeah, so excited." I said sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi guys. c:
Things to know:
-Amber, the main character, is my real life best friend. So no rude comments about her please.
-I'm hoping this one will be better than my Jack Barakat fic since I have writing experience now.
-this is just the chapter where she moves. ATL come in the next chapter. :)
*comment and subscribe and all that mess.

-Haley. :)